✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Show us your art!

SeeCup41

Hey guys, Im not sure if this has been done before, but here goes. Post something you've made. Whether it be ceramics, photographs, paintings, sketches, stick figures, etc. ;) Ill start off with a couple of light studies and finish with some close-up shots.

Light Study 1

Light Study 2

And here are some close-up shots photographs:

Close-Up 1

Close-Up 2

Now its your turn!

-Lisa

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will post 1 or 2 photos tomorrow... I am 16 and very much into photography, yet all I have to shoot with is an old Nikon from about 30 years ago +. It's my dad's. I have all these phohts I want to do but just don't have the equipment to do it on... oh well... one day hopefully. I am really into open shutter shots and enjoy your first one... hope to get my stuff on here tomorrow as it is late here in Hawaii...

Thanks guys!

Winnie,

I absolutely adore the Jim Beam photograph/collage!

Does anyone ever get the feeling you should be starting a new project? I want to try something extremely experimental and abstract, I just dont know where to start. I think its because I just got back from the abstract art show. I feel like I should be creative. :lol:

I'm into drawing portraits with charcoal pencils. I've only done 2 drawings that I'm really proud of (plus I take FOREVER to finish the damn things :lol:):

johnringodrawing.jpg

John Lennon and Ringo Starr. I entered this in a contest at something called "Beatle Fest" and didn't even place. I lost to a 4 year old finger painting of a Yellow Submarine, a 8 year old crayon sketch of George and something by a 12 year old. It was very, very embaressing. Ugh.

johndraw.jpg

The John in the right hand corner that got cut off. I did Ringo in the left hand one, but I don't think he came out as well. Ringo is a bitch to draw!

And, my personal favorite and quite a joy to spend hours laboring over:

chrisdrawing.jpg

Chris. The writing on it is purposeful, it's taken from a picture in Q (I believe?) magazine.

They're not that good but I'm proud of them. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thank you very much! :-)

These drawings are pretty cool, I wish, I could draw like you - I'm sooo bad in drawing, thanks god you don't have to draw photographs ;-)

@SeeCup41: Thank you very much, I printed the collage and its now hanging in my room - it's pretty decorative :-)

And yeah, I wanna start some photo-arts too, we have a pretty old part with medieval architecture in my hometown, but the sun isn't really shining so you can't make good photographs.

Thanks!! I never take compliments well, usually I think most of what I do is complete crap, but it means a lot to me! :kiss:

Oh man, I've never been a great painter. I used to do a lot of art work when I was younger and then I stopped, until recently. The John/Ringo drawing was actually the first time I ever tried to draw a person.

an_cat i really like that picture of martin with the projected words great use of light and shade. i can feel the projector light and words curve with his body.

Thank you! I took it from a picture from Q magazine and they had those words on him, but at first I wasn't going to even put them on there. After words, when I finished doing his entire face without the words I realised that it looked empty and the appeal of that picture was the projected writing on his face. It was almost devestating writing all over it! But I got this good idea to lightly write the word, then go over it with this blending stick thingy (LMFAO I have no idea what it's called!) over the words.

Turned out nicely, much better than I'd thought it would. I liked how it almost came out 3-D. If anyone ever wants to do a sketch of someone, it's definately worth getting a blending thing (they're like little pieces of rolled up paper that just smooths out the charcoal/pencil lines).

*writes too much* :P :lol:

SeeCup41, great photographs! I'm into photography as well, but I don't have a good camera, and that's always a very important factor!!

RJ, I think I've told you before on another thread, but I love your drawings! Very cute and detailed, I love them!! :thumbsup: :happy2:

Ah yeah! They're erasers that will mold to, say, very small points if you want to erase a veeeery tiny spot that's in the wrong place. They're my life savers! How many time I had to erase John's pupils up there.... Oh, memories.

I'm so lame when it comes to knowing names of tools I use. I just buy them because they look interesting, then I try them out. Speaking of which, I think I need a new blendy thing... I have no idea where the hell mine went! :cry: :lol:

ok next post might be showing huge pics but sori don't have URL and don't know how to use it so i'll just post pics the way i know how.

ok i drew pics coming up after reading Tailchasers Song not the best work of Literature but i really got into that book it was so real it was one of the first books including horror books etc to scare me shitless! :o

they had these demon cats that looked like shadow and came out of the ground.

strange sounding but true. so yeh i got into cats, i re-read the book years later the effect just wasn't the same :(

sori bout huge pics