✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4th Coldplay Album "Fast, Dark And Heavy"

busybeeburns

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be interesting, and I dont think they'll go for absolutely no piano, probably just less ...

When they say heavier and darker, I think what we can expect is for them to go continue from the same place in their minds' where songs like Politik, Twisted Logic, 1.36 (good example used earlier in this thread), and Low came from. I think they want to experiment with the use of other instruments and test the formula a bit.

I don't know if you guys remember reading this, but when X&Y was being released Chris spoke about how many people at EMI involved with the record didn't want Twisted Logic to be on the disc, but they insisted that it be there, because it was there for them. I also think that the fact that it is their last track on the album and that the tour is named after it, are highly indicative of the fact that they want to head in the direction of that song.

More dark, heavy, and a completely different meaning then the majority of their work.

And for those who are scared about losing the piano, there's still plenty of old songs which they'll continue to play with it

Chris Martin is such a fucking gimp, how many damn things did he say before the release of X&Y? A lot of damn things. Promises of many different directions, and they actually delivered on like, 2 of them. Out of hundreds...

He is an over-excited, BOY, and he will say the first thing that pops out of his head. Today he woke up and thought "OOo I wanna sound heavy now, wheres my slipknot mask?"

The truth is, with this kind of behaviour, it is so obvious he is already sick of his own new material. Why would anyone declare a gigantic new change for their next album, only a tiny amount of time after releasing their last one?

Another thing I've seen him go on about is: "People like to think we're calm, soft rockers. Come to our live show, you are wrong haha". Bull. Because you shake your head when you play? C'mon now.

He wants material to gain a heavy side that Coldplay will never achieve, it will always be the blandness thing on earth.

You guys don't read into anything correctly.

First off, he didn't say heavier as in hard-rock, he explicitly says "not like Metallica." He just means a more powerful sound, as in bigger. You people show too little musical knowledge, and too little appreciation for change.

Listen to "October" or "Boy" by U2, then listen to "The Joshua Tree" then "Achtung Baby." The latter two are far and away absolutely brilliant albums, much better than the original two. Thing is, they are much different, yet simultaneously both very-U2-ish. The best bands have to reinvent themselves. U2 weren't capable of producing songs like "One" or "With Or Without You" in their early stages, but with time their sound changed and they became a better band.

This holds just as true in the case of Radiohead. On 'OK Computer,' taking a massive turn, they produced something so much different yet simultaneously so much more brilliant than anything they'd done before. But they took a risk. They could've still done well if they hadn't changed, but in their change, they really made something that rivals any album ever produced.

Embrace change, maybe Coldplay can produce a "Joshua Tree" or "OK Computer" (which X&Y isn't)

Why has no one mentioned Square One? That's what I'm thinking.

as long as they don't do electronica' date=' heavy metal, or punk, I'm game...although i won't mind if they did rap! :lol: :lol:[/quote']

I actually wouldn't mind if they took an electronica twist, that would make for a happy me.

Coldplay sound like Muse... NEVER!! lol this is a joke right?? Muse rocks way harder than Coldplay could ever imagine :lol: I think Chris might want to take this in the direction of a Kid A or Amnesiac type of album. More Twisted Logic's sure.. I'm all for that... its probably one of the better songs on X&Y.. Someone had said that this record sounds like it was going in 2 different directions.. I totally agree.. sometimes I feel it was going in 3!! You can defo feel the struggle in this production.. and I can only hope that during this tour (as they did with the previous tour) get better at making another hit record. The break between Parahcutes and AROBTTH due to touring allowed them to create a brilliant album.. went on to win Grammy's and Brit awards.. and Songs of the Year.. etc.. I think they are definitely a band that becomes more creative whilst on the road. So I'm happy to hear that they are already thinking of album 4... get to it!!!

Impress me dammit!! :P

hum... "fast,dark and heavy"...

i´ve got him..

he´s saying that they´ll try to sound like Muse.

are they paying you to convert coldplay fanatics into muse fanatics :wink3: ?

He doesn't need to try, I am already one. :)

If they want to head into a fast, dark, heavier song, then I can't wait to hear it! But I do must agree that they shouldn't take away the piano.

Bring it on.

That's all I can say.

I wanted to hear the new "experimental" sound of X&Y... of course, until it was scrapped for being *too* experimental/radical (or whatever the reasons were), in favour of the final released version of X&Y.

If this album 4 thing really does happen and everyone keeps an open mind, I think there is a lot of potential here. Give it a chance.

And to everyone upset about a possible lack of piano: who knows what it will sound like? You might be surprised. :)

I'm ready for the band to show us what's next.

WOW! No piano I'm really curious about that!!!

I hope it'll be brilliant. And I think why not???

There are a lot of cool heavy bands that don't use a piano. WHat I am more concerned about if they indeed do make a heavier record is Chris' voice... not exactly Queens of the Stone Age sound if you know what I mean...

boo, if fast, dark, and heavy means i have to suffer through more songs like 'low' and 'twisted logic' then i am so out of here.

but if he's meaning more 'white shadow' type songs, yay!

Why are so many people scared of change?

Because they're morons. Coldplay fans in particular are a little apalling in this department; we're only on the third album after having made gradual evolutions, and people already want a total return to the Parachutes formula. I mean, I love that formula, but you're just fans. They don't owe you anything, you owe them. So indulge them their experimentation, if they actually wind up going that direction. I guarantee you that if they do, there will be an eventual return to Parachutes' simplicity.

They should shuffle into the studio and record a little something before they change their minds, I'd say. Don't just let the idea decay in an idle quotation...

moron? speak for yourself thanks. try some fans like myself just actually DO NOT like coldplay's 'darker' songs. i'm not scared of change. coldplay can evolve however the fuck they want, it doesn't mean i have to like it.

Isaac is saying it straight.

Would we want U2 to have quit changing their sound after Boy, October, or even War? We'd be missing the great classics (such as "Joshua Tree" and "Actung Baby") that resulted when they stretched themselves into the unfamiliar and tried new things.

Even though a lot of Radiohead fans still think "The Bends" was their best album, no one can deny that "OK Computer" and "Kid A" will be remembered in history as more important, more daring, and more influential.

I loved Parachutes.

I loved A Rush of Blood to the Head.

I loved X & Y.

I'm looking forward to #4.

This could be a decisive moment for all of us. Many fans could give in. Other peopler could become fans. We must wait, be open-minded and take a look at it.

I'm a liar!. I don't wanna hear anything without piano works! :cry: :disappointed: :lipsrsealed2: :wacky: :worried: :blank:

they should keep the piano... heavy and dark with pianos sounds like a plan... however...... this could be Chris just being Chris. Maybe we are taking his 'no piano' comment to literal.. like the way he says "we'll never play Yellow again".. sort of thing... he is a joke-ster!

'X&Y' has been out for only two months, but it seems Coldplay are already thinking about their next CD, with Chris Martin explaining in an interview that he want things to get a lot darker in the future.

Speaking to the Chicago Sun Times, Chris Martin has explained his intentions to make Coldplay’s next album – the band’s fourth - a much more disturbing proposition than its predecessors.

When asked what it was like working with legendary Roxy Music keyboardist and Bowie and U2 collaborator Brian Eno, Chris Martin downplayed his involvement, but confessed it has influenced the possible future sound of the band.

“Well, working with Eno is really kind of an overstatement,” Chris explained, “He came in for one evening. The reason why it's good to have him on the record sleeve is that a lot of the music he wasn't there for was sort of inspired by the records he made 10 or 20 years ago. His presence adds a bit more to it, and also knowing about the way he works.

"This is all stuff I think we're about to embrace. We learned an awful lot making the last record, and hopefully we'll put it into practice if we ever go into the studio again. I want to get fast, dark and heavy, with no pianos. Not necessarily heavier in terms of Metallica, just a bit more powerful."

Source: XFM

ooh cool :cool: