✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4th Coldplay Album "Fast, Dark And Heavy"

busybeeburns

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually wouldn't mind if they took an electronica twist, that would make for a happy me.

Definitely agree with that MisterErthway ... I'm thinking something that's a cross between the Faultline tracks with Chris on them and and Square One type songs as well ...

Take a deep breath and read... :cool: :cool: :cool:

From billboard

Red Hot Coldplay Looks To The Future

by Ray Waddell, Nashville

Coldplay's ongoing Twisted Logic tour is doing huge business as the box office in North America, but the U.K. group already has its sight set on the future. Following the Dec. 20 close of a European tour, Coldplay will return to North America in February for an arena tour that will run through mid-April, the group's manager, Dave Holmes, tells Billboard.

The current tour is proving as successful as Coldplay's third Capitol album, "X&Y," which in 11 weeks has sold 1.9 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Given Coldplay's love of touring and recording, does one conflict with the other? "Yes, in a way," Holmes says. "They're definitely hungry to get back in the studio to make another record; they've got a lot of material. So for next year we're looking at building a tour around their recording schedule. Ultimately it could potentially mean we end up releasing another record [next year] and continuing to tour well into '07."

With Coldplay's rapid growth and global appeal, some have compared the band to U2, which continues to sell-out out stadiums and arenas worldwide.

Holmes balks at the U2 reference, but sees why some would make it. "I'm not a big fan of comparisons, because these are really different bands in terms of their music," he says. "But I suppose there are some similarities in terms of the way we're trying to build it, and I don't disagree with why people would have similar expectations of this band."

I think with X&Y they finally decided that they were really just gunning for an album with material that could fill the stadiums and at least let them off the hook and maybe get EMI off their backs a little bit... With the "stadium band" issue now out of the way, I think it would (hopefully) free them to explore their artier side.

Their next album could be the "OK Computer" for them, especially if they seem to have the material all ready so soon after the launch of X&Y. Quite possibly they have been playing around experimenting with new directions while working on X&Y, just that they decided to get the commercial sound out of the way first with an album full of singles.

I hope I'm right coz I'd be bitterly disappointed if the band turned their backs on a particular sound or direction just because it's less selleable / popular. I am a bit worried seeing as they do seem to be embracing the "fact that we are a pop band" as said by Chris. It may also be that they will still be tied down for the 4th album as well and churn out another one in the same vein as X&Y until after their 5 album-deal with EMI runs out. I dunno whether fans can take it/will be that patient though. Whatever the case, it would break my heart if my idealistic romantic notions about the band turn out to be a complete waste of time. I like to believe that the band still has the intentions and capabilities to expand their musical horizons and that they did struggle to decide whether to go arty/return a little to their Parachutes roots/give in to a more commercial sound when doing X&Y.

As for what Chris has said, he probably meant every word. They would probably be "darker, heavier..." and all arty if there was nothing else to consider, but we've got to remember that the band also have other people apart from themselves to think about.

it would be interesting to hear an album like this from them but no. they MUST have piano in their music! and nothing's wrong with that if they want to try out different styles but please don't diverge from the beautiful coldplayish sound!

I dont know why, but I think this is a big fat lie! I dont think they wanna be again at the studio, as they always said they will take their time... and they have a tour and everything! nop... I dont think so... :dozey:

Sorry for being negative! hehe.. but it doesnt sounds true for me :embarrased:

AGHHHHHH Zu