🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i don't understand why they're not that well-known in the world, it's sad...

:laugh3:

nice sig, new fashion indeed

It is sad. Mostly due to crappy record labels and poor publicity, but mostly due to the fact that no one in America cares about good music.

the live version of STAR STAR on the swell season website is taken from a live album or do y'all think its just available to listen for the website only ?

I think it is a studio version of the song, because you don't hear any crowd noise. Also it's soley the piano and guitar, and the live version has drums and strings

I don't know how many of y'all know this,but the "first press" of the album comes with a special package with some fantastic 'goodies':for only 19 euro i've bought the album along with a live cd+live concert dvd. ITS A FUCKIN AMAZING DEAL

the album is really great! going through my 2nd listen now!

The live album is really great! I'm so excited to see them in January! :dance:

The album is fantastic. The only problem I have is that there doesn't' seem to be any moments of pure Glen passion like in Mind's Made Up, Leave, True, etc. I couldn't believe I didn't hear a single growl from Glen all album. But despite this, the album is incredible. Best song is In These Arms by far imo.

the live version of STAR STAR on the swell season website is taken from a live album or do y'all think its just available to listen for the website only ?

Most likely it is from one of these performances:

http://www.playedlastnight.com/artists/artist/6/The_Swell_Season

Played Last Night has 68 recorded Swell Season shows from over the years in great quality, so most likely it is from one of those recordings.

I think it is a studio version of the song, because you don't hear any crowd noise. Also it's soley the piano and guitar, and the live version has drums and strings

Well it cuts out early at the end, and they have played it many times with just piano and guitar. Plus the reverb sounds and the feel of it really sound like a live performance, they have a very different studio presence.

I don't know how many of y'all know this,but the "first press" of the album comes with a special package with some fantastic 'goodies':for only 19 euro i've bought the album along with a live cd+live concert dvd. ITS A FUCKIN AMAZING DEAL

It is an amazing deal, but according to The Frames' official messageboard, a lot of people received that deluxe version and the DVD did not have the proper set list or was missing songs, so be careful.

BTW at the second verse of In These Arms ("You were restless, I was somewhere less secure..."), the chord progression is the same as in the outro of A Message by Coldplay. I knew it as soon as I heard it, and it's quite cool to hear a very familiar progression used in an entirely different song.

And no it's not plagiarism, chord progressions can't be owned. :dozey: