✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

Early Arctic Monkeys > later Arctic Monkeys.

Humbug was the biggest grower on the planet but I eventually fell in love with it about a year after it was released. I'm still not big on SIAS one year later, though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love what they did on SIAS personally. Great bass riffs on that album.

Has anyone else heard Alex's solo album (EP?) "Submarine"?

YES, quality.

Alex albums in order for me:

Humbug

Submarine

Favourite Worst Nightmare = Whatever People Say*

Suck it and See

Humbug is quality. Has always been, and will always be my favourite. One of my favourite records ever, and Dance Little Liar is the song that I wish I'd written.

*I can't pick between those two. Just compared track for track, and Whatever won simply because it has an extra track. Those two are so equally matched for me.

Today I realised they are playing 15 miles from home tonight!! I just bought the tickets online, can't believe i'm finally seeing them live! :D

Nice! Hope it was amazing and you enjoyed it. I was going to see them on this tour, when they came around here last year, but it never happened, ah well, I'll catch them next time, they are a young band yet.

Absolutely love Submarine EP, I would love for him to do a complete solo album at some point, it would be incredible. Humbug is great too, underrated for me. Initially I thought SIAS was their best album, my opinion of it nowadays has gone more negative, but I still think it has its moments.

Absolutely love Submarine EP, I would love for him to do a complete solo album at some point, it would be incredible. Humbug is great too, underrated for me. Initially I thought SIAS was their best album, my opinion of it nowadays has gone more negative, but I still think it has its moments.

Same. I'd like to see another Shadow Puppets album, as that's Al's Gorillaz. But then I'd like to see him start his Good the Bad and the Queen... Possibly with Richard Hawley?

(This is magnificent.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2hhfWSUScc]Alex Turner & Richard Hawley: The Only Ones Who Know @ Union Chappel - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently there will be another shadow puppets album at some point, i remember reading a few months ago, I hope so. That would be interesting him working with richard hawley! Or maybe he could work with Josh Homme, seeing as he produced Humbug, or I might just be imagining that....I shall watch that video definately, soon.

Early Arctic Monkeys > later Arctic Monkeys.

Agreed. Though Humbug really grew on me and I really enjoyed the darker sound after months of listening to it. Lol.

I haven't listen to SIAS in a long time since it's release. :laugh3:

Favourite Worst Nightmare is still my favourite album to date.

Apparently there will be another shadow puppets album at some point, i remember reading a few months ago, I hope so. That would be interesting him working with richard hawley! Or maybe he could work with Josh Homme, seeing as he produced Humbug, or I might just be imagining that....I shall watch that video definately, soon.

I'd like to see him work with someone totally different too.

Maybe start a band with Noel Gallagher...

As for New Monkeys Vs Old Monkeys... I really don't know. I love both sides to them, I don't think one is more outstanding than the other. Suck It And See's a better album than's given credit for; only two bad songs (Black Treacle, Reckless Serenade).

Nice! Hope it was amazing and you enjoyed it. I was going to see them on this tour, when they came around here last year, but it never happened, ah well, I'll catch them next time, they are a young band yet.

Thanks!! I had a great time, Arctic Monkeys were awesome!! but as they were opening for The Black Keys the crowd wasn't much into it :confused: I only knew two or three songs by The Black Keys, I just went there for the Arctic Monkeys, but I enjoyed both of them a lot! Sure you will!! 12 hours ago I didn't know I was going to see them, so I guess it can happen at any time to you as well :D

That's what I'm hearing about a lot of the Black Keys support slots, which is honestly to be expected, but I'm still having trouble envisioning an Arctic Monkeys show where I'm NOT being knocked around and bruised everywhere. :thinking::laugh3:

Anyway, since this thread's been revived, I may as well spam you guys with a few of my Coachella photos (a brutally rough crowd where I was standing, hence the small number of photos).

P1000506.jpg

P1000512.jpg

P1000514.jpg

P1000516.jpg

Thanks!! I had a great time, Arctic Monkeys were awesome!! but as they were opening for The Black Keys the crowd wasn't much into it :confused: I only knew two or three songs by The Black Keys, I just went there for the Arctic Monkeys, but I enjoyed both of them a lot! Sure you will!! 12 hours ago I didn't know I was going to see them, so I guess it can happen at any time to you as well :D

Ah I see, I'm sure the black keys were great too. This is very true! All you need is that opportunity from somewhere to see a gig, and thats that :lol: how is arctic monkeys popularity going in the US anyway?

P1000506.jpg

P1000512.jpg

P1000514.jpg

P1000516.jpg

These are really good photos, considering you say it was a rough crowd :lol:

He definately had a complete turnaround when he chopped all his hair off..

how is arctic monkeys popularity going in the US anyway?

From what I can see they're doing pretty well. I never really knew there were any Arctic Monkeys fans at my school, but after the gig I went to there were shirts everywhere. So yeah, I've found a lot of fellow fans which feels good. Still haven't heard them on the radio, but they've been on late night TV recentally, so that's something.

These are really good photos, considering you say it was a rough crowd :lol:

Oh believe me, I deleted about 20 photos that didn't turn out at all because of the roughness! :lol:

His hair's been this length for almost a year now, I think.

That's what I'm hearing about a lot of the Black Keys support slots, which is honestly to be expected, but I'm still having trouble envisioning an Arctic Monkeys show where I'm NOT being knocked around and bruised everywhere. :thinking::laugh3:

Anyway, since this thread's been revived, I may as well spam you guys with a few of my Coachella photos (a brutally rough crowd where I was standing, hence the small number of photos).

P1000506.jpg

P1000512.jpg

P1000514.jpg

P1000516.jpg

Great pictures!!

Agreed. Though Humbug really grew on me and I really enjoyed the darker sound after months of listening to it. Lol.

I haven't listen to SIAS in a long time since it's release. :laugh3:

Favourite Worst Nightmare is still my favourite album to date.

FWN is the love of my life as far as Arctic Monkeys are concerned. :heart:

SIAS, on the other hand... :shrug:

Still pretty good pics considering that indoor concert lighting can be a bitch sometimes, especially with a point-and-shoot! (I don't have a professional one either, not that I could take one into a concert anyway haha. I usually tweak my settings each time with some test shots before the show.)

FWN is probably one of my 10 favorite albums of the 21st century.

Still pretty good pics considering that indoor concert lighting can be a bitch sometimes, especially with a point-and-shoot! (I don't have a professional one either, not that I could take one into a concert anyway haha. I usually tweak my settings each time with some test shots before the show.)

Thanks! Yeah, the lighting was a bitch. I have like ten good pictures out of a hundred.. but anyway, the important thing is that the concert was awesome!

Good to know! I've heard they've gotten a full hour in their Black Keys support slots. That's incredible for a support act. The Black Keys probably realized that a lot of people were gonna come for AM, so they gave them that extra time.

Good to know! I've heard they've gotten a full hour in their Black Keys support slots. That's incredible for a support act. The Black Keys probably realized that a lot of people were gonna come for AM, so they gave them that extra time.

They played exactly one hour, I think it was like 16 songs which is really awesome! To be honest, I went only for the Arctic Monkeys, I only liked two songs by The Black Keys.. but they were good!

From what I can see they're doing pretty well. I never really knew there were any Arctic Monkeys fans at my school, but after the gig I went to there were shirts everywhere. So yeah, I've found a lot of fellow fans which feels good. Still haven't heard them on the radio, but they've been on late night TV recentally, so that's something.

I wouldn't have thought they'd ever crack America. Despite the so-called Americanisation of their sound, they're still so... British. Even by British standards.

Yea I think I remember a while back they was on Letterman? So thats good.

Its funny because over here, there was such an explosion of popularity for them when their first album came out, I think because of especially the way in which they put songs on myspace and that sort of thing, but also because it was a 'proper' guitar band, a great british sound, a new generation I suppose. But now I feel like almost even though they are still popular, they are not really a singles band like they may have been on their first album, it feels like their popularity has levelled out.

550684_4119494628585_1319873440_3685953_941112053_n.jpg

532870_4119497148648_1319873440_3685959_1780218821_n.jpg

533328_4119500748738_1319873440_3685967_261231877_n.jpg

These are good too! You look like you were pretty close to the stage as well :D