✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first arctic monkeys album where the drums are AVERAGE to say the least.

They are becoming a different band, a "normal" band. I've never been a big fan of their music,

but personally i think they need to go back to their "roots":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4ZRjHgDgc]YouTube - ‪Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality]‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQhBoR_Jv-U&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Arctic Monkeys - This House Is A Circus Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality]‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZW7esCtvQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Arctic Monkeys - Balaclava Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality]‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYqLeijJ48]YouTube - ‪Arctic Monkeys - The View From The Afternoon Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality]‬‏[/ame]

This is the first arctic monkeys album where the drums are AVERAGE to say the least.

They are becoming a different band, a "normal" band. I've never been a big fan of their music,

but personally i think they need to go back to their "roots":

if you want a band to go back to their "roots" here's what you do. you get their debut album. burn it on to a blank cd. and instead of writing whatever people say... on it write suck it and see instead. and bam! their new stuff is just as good as their old stuff now! magic huh?

if you want a band to go back to their "roots" here's what you do. you get their debut album. burn it on to a blank cd. and instead of writing whatever people say... on it write suck it and see instead. and bam! their new stuff is just as good as their old stuff now! magic huh?

The title would still be worse though. :thinking:

magic ? NO, stupid.

haha good answer :lol:

Funnily enough, there's an interesting point in today's nme review -

"it is immediate, tightly structured, laugh-out-loud funny and start-to-finish brilliant, but if you thought they were ever going to just roll over and write 'Whatever People Want Us To Be, That's What We Are', you were deeply, desperately mistaken. This a departure, not a return."

And it's spot on; they've moved on, evolved and matured from their 'roots', which is exactly what a band should do imo. But tehn I'm probably biased cos while I thought 'Whatever People Say..' had some good points, I thought it was mostly just a lot of noise and indie-kid angst. This one is way more grown-up which is probably why I like it.

I like the change, I think the first two albums are great and both reflect the moment they were living, they were teenagers having fun and making great songs. I didn't like Humbug that much and after that I really got into The Last Shadow Puppets and Alex solo stuff, both awesome in my opinion. It'd be weird to see them going back to their old stuff after all what Alex has done I think, they've grown up a lot and developed their music. The lyrics are my favorite part of the album. Except for 2 or 3 songs this album is beautiful.

Why are they censoring it? :uhoh:

Because some one might be offended by the words "Suck It" apparently. Retailers don't wanna get sued by unhappy patrons. USA! USA!

Anyway, I absolutely love the new album. All My Own Stunts is the only song I can't really get into. (Yes, I even like Brick by Brick....)

wow the packaging is soooo incredibly simple! the lyric would have to be one of the simplest i have ever seen haha. the liner notes are even more so. most albums you have a page long list of everyone who worked on it. there are only 9 names acknowledged with the technical side of making it.

after a good 10 or so listens to the album this is quite easily their second best effort. the music and flow reflects a more self assured sounding band than what we heard on Humbug and it is more interesting to listen to than FWN ever was.

here's a little look at their current american tour.