✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

i was lucky actually. it came out on the last day of semester. and theres a great music retailer next to my uni who had about 100 copies of the album right on their entrance so it took me all of 30secs to buy it and leave lol.

i've been following this american tour of theirs and i'm disappointed that after changing the setlist around a lot on the first few shows the last half a dozen have had basically identical setlists. they hit the festival circuit after their home coming gigs so i don't think we'll see any interesting setlists from them for a while.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the album has done quite poorly critically. averaging 73 on metacritic which is their lowest score to date. i think a bulk of the critics metacritic uses come from America so that might make the difference.

EDIT: they just got their highest score to date from P4K. a solid 7.5. all their other stuff has been given 7.0ish. so this should do them some good over there.

UK TOUR ANNOUNCED!!!!

I'm hopefully getting tickets for Newcastle!

Friday 28th October - Nottingham Capital FM Arena

Saturday 29th October - London The O2 Arena

Tuesday 1st November - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Wednesday 2nd November - Manchester MEN Arena

Friday 4th November - Birmingham LG Arena

Saturday 5th November - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Sunday 6th November - Aberdeen AECC

Tuesday 8th November - Glasgow SECC

Wednesday 9th November - Liverpool Echo Arena

Tickets for Arctic Monkeys will go on general sale on Friday 17th June at 9am.

Arctic Monkeys are the main stage lead-in for Foo Fighters at Lolla. SEXY. Will easily make up for the fact that I drove by the Hollywood Palladium a few days ago and saw "ARCTIC MONKEYS TONIGHT - SOLD OUT" and got super depressed. (was driving by there because I was on a business run)

I usually don't comment on Pitchfork scores (because I think they're worthless) but they just reviewed Suck It and See, and I think it's incredibly interesting that in spite of fan opinion being incredibly split these last two albums, all 4 Arctic Monkeys albums have gotten extremely similar scores from Pitchfork (7.4, 7.4, 7.2, now 7.5)

i wouldn't call P4K scores worthless. getting a best new music label from them can do wonders for an act in the US and sometimes around the world. but i don't think this wave of indie-brit-guitar-rock that has been going for 6-7yrs now has been embraced by P4K that well. so for AM to stay on their good side is a testament to their talent and willingness to be a bit daring with their music. something P4K seem to reward.

are the arctic monkeys still as huge in the UK as they were five years ago or has the hype died down a little? living in the States i just always find myself curious about the UK music scene. a lot of times it seems like its about the next big thing and then... its on to the next next big thing. so where do the AM stand now?

I'm considering trying to get a ticket for the London gig as I'm probably moving there in September..not such a huge fan of the new stuff though, but it'll still be fun! Just giving Suck It And See another listen as well (well third or fourth) anyone know how much the UK tickets might cost?

Tickets are £32.50 but that doesn't include booking fee, postage etc. It will be about £40 overall.

Sheffield Night No.1

The View From The Afternoon

Brianstorm

This House Is A Circus

Still Take You Home

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Library Pictures

Teddy Picker

Crying Lightning

Brick by Brick

The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala

Cornerstone

Mardy Bum (slow version, first performance since 2007)

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

She's Thunderstorms

Pretty Visitors

If You Were There, Beware

Do Me A Favour

That's Where You're Wrong

505 (with Miles Kane)

Encore:

When The Sun Goes Down

Fluorescent Adolescent

A Certain Romance

if only every AM show had a setlist like this.

Sheffield Night No.1

The View From The Afternoon

Brianstorm

This House Is A Circus

Still Take You Home

Library Pictures

Teddy Picker

Crying Lightning

Brick by Brick

Cornerstone

Mardy Bum (slow version, first performance since 2007)

She's Thunderstorms

Pretty Visitors

Do Me A Favour

505 (with Miles Kane)

Encore:

When The Sun Goes Down

Fluorescent Adolescent

A Certain Romance

Wow. I am happy to see Mardy Bum on there, one of my favourite tracks off their debut. No From the ritz to the rubble is disappointing, probably the only thing I would change. Do Me A Favour would be amazing, love that tune. Quite a balanced setlist, the new songs put on there are predictable although NO RECKLESS SERENADE?!?!? NO!!!!!

It's not too far off my dream setlist for LP4 tour:

What If You Were Right First Time (Always thought this would be amazing opener)

Brianstorm

This House Is A Circus

Fake Tales of San Francisco

Library Pictures

Teddy Picker

Crying Lightning

Reckless Serenade

Cornerstone

Mardy Bum

She's Thunderstorms

Pretty Visitors

Riot Van

Do Me A Favour

Encore:

When The Sun Goes Down

From The Ritz To The Rubble

Fluorescent Adolescent

Suck It And See

A Certain Romance

Yeah I added a few, for the price they charge they can play a few more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Big Arctic Monkeys fan, massively let down by Suck it and See. I loved Humbug, it's probably my favourite album of any band. SIAS is just so bland & contrived to me. Definitely their worst offering lyrically, Library Pictures, Brick by Brick & Don't Sit Down, stand out as particularly poor. I went to the Sheffield gig, was a great show, I couldn't care less about Mardy Bum, it's just a song for fake fans in my eyes, but it was nice to see A Certain Romance get an outing, even if it's been put to bed again. Disappointed they're only play 3 Humbug songs live, they just seem to be pandering to the mainstream fans. They will be releasing a Documentary DVD about the Sheffield gigs.

Anyone here received their tickets to Newcastle in November, if any have booked, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive?

Yeah, it just seems they ran out of ideas for the new album, which is pretty sad, because Humbug took them to places i never imagined they would go, musically, and it was excellent. I'd like them to take a break for maybe a year before the new album, so they can come back refreshed with new ideas.

I'm not really keen on The Vaccines, I don't really "get" them.

Hmm , I wouldn't want them to take a break , plus they said they won't go in studio until 2013 ...

F course , they can't have new idea's al the time , they stay within their genre of course ...

I don't mind "more of the same" , if it's good

Oh , yeah , I forgot , and you that went hating in The Vaccines thread :blank:

They didn't actually say they won't go back into the studio until 2013, that's be taken out of context. They said "at the minute, there are no plans to record next year" nothing has been decided upon though.

Haha, yeah, hater gonna hate

I saw them at the Lowlands Festival in Holland. What an amazing show. We didn't expect so many 'old' songs. The audience was great, the band was great, Alex was in such a good mood, and "Miles fucking Kane" was so good!!

(L)

They didn't actually say they won't go back into the studio until 2013, that's be taken out of context. They said "at the minute, there are no plans to record next year" nothing has been decided upon though.

Haha, yeah, hater gonna hate

Most likely Alex will do another side project in 2012, a 2nd Last Shadow Puppets album maybe or even a full length solo album