✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TALK VIDEO - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

- DAN -

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um...i don't like the video really at all. sorry but it got so hyped up with the director and all and i just finished it with a feeling like i was cheated. too weird, too scattered.and just because something is in black and white doesn't make it a good video in the end. sorry :/

i hope with the next one they have a better outing, i was a bit disappointed with this, if anything the single selection itself.

um...i don't like the video really at all. sorry but it got so hyped up with the director and all and i just finished it with a feeling like i was cheated. too weird, too scattered.and just because something is in black and white doesn't make it a good video in the end. sorry :/

i hope with the next one they have a better outing, i was a bit disappointed with this, if anything the single selection itself.

i hate to say it but they def hype dup corbijn too much...he is creative but i was expecting more

Crappies video since...well pretty much all coldplays videos are shoddy

of course except for the scientist

In my opinion The Scientist video looked cheap and poorly made. That and the fact that it was a little cliche. I think that Talk was definatley a step in the right direction for the band.

Crappies video since...well pretty much all coldplays videos are shoddy

of course except for the scientist

In my opinion The Scientist video looked cheap and poorly made. That and the fact that it was a little cliche. I think that Talk was definatley a step in the right direction for the band.

yeah talk was deffinetly not cliche :rolleyes:

yeah talk was deffinetly not cliche :rolleyes:

Edit: I thought that you were agreeing with me, but saying that the Talk video was too not cliche. But if you're saying that Talk is a cliche video, the post below me should clear that all up.

cliche

n : a trite or obvious remark [syn: platitude, banality, commonplace, bromide]

Scientist Video:

"I'm going back to the start"-Chris walking backwards going back to the start.

Talk Video:

The band travels in a B movie style space ship, lands on a planet and finds a robot. They take one of his buttons. They walk around. Unless you just sit there and take it all literally and not look for the deeper meaning, no. It's not a cliche.

cliche

n : a trite or obvious remark [syn: platitude, banality, commonplace, bromide]

Scientist Video:

"I'm going back to the start"-Chris walking backwards going back to the start.

Talk Video:

The band travels in a B movie style space ship, lands on a planet and finds a robot. They take one of his buttons. They walk around. Unless you just sit there and take it all literally and not look for the deeper meaning, no. It's not a cliche.

its an extreme cliche in america..you saw this stuff all the time in the days of late grunge...

Coldplay is very far from a llate grunge band' date=' and therefore doing a video that is typical of a late grunge group pretty much removes any cliche's that may come with it.[/quote']

it really doesnt matter if its cliche or not even thought it is...what matters if its entertaining and the fact is its downright boring and makes absolutely not a speck of sense..its to dark and doesnt look good on television...the video will crash and burn

with some of the best talent in the world youd think theyd be able to create a more artistic and beautiful vision..not to mention one that isnt just playing the song with a big light panel behind them..

I really think that you have a very skewed interpretation of what a cliche is. And I've sort of given up explaining how the video makes sense to people, so you can happily go on bashing it. But I can assure you that it was a success, that it was meaningful, and that it made perfect sense. To understand it you have to think. That's where you use your brain to logically piece together information so that you can draw apropriate conclusions. It isn't like The Scientist where Chris says "Going back to the start." then you see things going backwards and say "Oh boy, this is deep."

I really think that you have a very skewed interpretation of what a cliche is. And I've sort of given up explaining how the video makes sense to people' date=' so you can happily go on bashing it. But I can assure you that it was a success, that it was meaningful, and that it made perfect sense. To understand it you have to think. That's where you use your brain to logically piece together information so that you can draw apropriate conclusions. It isn't like The Scientist where Chris says "Going back to the start." then you see things going backwards and say "Oh boy, this is deep."[/quote']

actually I have aspergers sydrome so I see everything different from everyone else...

It is different, it is interesting... But emotionally - zilch. I dunno why, the thing that has bothered me about X&Y since the start is that it is nowhere near as moving as their earlier work. The song 'Talk' itself is probably as near moving as it has got for me. And I did hope (actually I was quite sure) that the band would latch on to that when making the video. How wrong I was.

I dunno, it's very artistic and all, and shows us a new perspective from which to view the band, but for me, it lacks that one thing that would have made it really special... It's the same complaint that has marred my enjoyment of X&Y since I first heard it. That is, where oh where has the heart gone?