✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TALK VIDEO - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

- DAN -

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i know i'm late, but i had some problems with the pc till today so...

i liked the video, is very different from the rest of their videos. it's funny. and it still have a message.. probably the one who show the song message better than the other videos, in my opinion, anyways i also like other coldplay videos too. :D

Guest LiquidSky

WTF?! :o :lol:

I liked the video from the beginning but the it gets cheesy.. one thing I thought after I finished watching the video was: "Even the robot wants Coldplay for himself! :o " hehe :D But over-all I thought it was an okay video and I'm glad it's a different type of video though :wink:

Guest LiquidSky

WTF?! :o :lol:

I liked the video from the beginning but the it gets cheesy.. one thing I thought after I finished watching the video was: "Even the robot wants Coldplay for himself! :o " hehe :D But over-all I thought it was an okay video and I'm glad it's a different type of video though :wink:

I think, it's a very polarising video. Some might like it (esp fans of sensless stuff like i am ^^), some won't. It's a matter of personal taste - but all in all, videos aren't that important, are they?

isn't that the truth??? for instance, a lot of people favor videos with story lines, others like performance vids. as for me, i love vids with story lines, even ones that are complete nonsense (the killers, "all these things that i've done". it probably does all make sense, and i have theories, but i've given up understanding.) it all comes down to the viewer. we could quarrel for ages, but it still won't get us anywhere. some of us love it, some of us are impartial, and some hate it. to each his/her own.

couldn't agree more!

i like the weird bizarre videos with an story line where you start saying 'wtf!' and so that makes keep your eyes on the tv, and when it's finished you want to watch it again because you didn't fully get it...and some may think that that could make the song get lost, but i think it's otherwise, cos if you're new to the band it makes you remember their name and makes you watch the video again, and then the song would start growing on you without any effort, which is actually what happened to me with coldplay (with god put a smile upon your face). And if you knew the band and the song already, it may makes you like the song even more, or think of it in another way...So i think videos are important cos they have an effect on ppl.

i think (just my opinion!) they've had good videos in the past, but half of them were quite boring...the other ones i liked were 'god put a smile upon your face' which i said before, 'the scientist' and the UK version of 'trouble', which i remember crying while watching it when i was 11...still cant listen to that song without getting :(

I believe that we were waiting that the video was equal of good than the song.Probably for many of us the video is as good as the song,maybe not.

In my opinion Coldplay it is coherent.Nobody complained for the title of the cd. X&Y,which in my opinion explains very well the content of the cd.It is unexpected.

And all the cd speaks about space and future,so I think is ok.

I understand that many of you are disappointed,but is Coldplay and at least I can't be mad with Coldplay.

The Only thing I have to say is that I like most the first version of "Talk" but anyway.

And the "CALL ME" part was the best part of the whole video

lmfao ok ok. I've got to do this. It's been amusing me ever since I first saw the video and it'll probably not amuse anyone else. None the less, I'm going to post it here and.... giggle over it some more. Damnit, I'm a dork.

Right, well, I found a picture of Bono a loooong time ago and it always... disturbed me a bit. But now, I realise that it's probably what the set designers used to inspire the trees in the video!

wtfisthat.jpg

Said picture.

treeslol.jpg

Said trees.

Why do I find this so funny? Because I'm an effin' idiot, that's why. :lol: :lol: :lol: Right. Got that out of my system, finally. *goes away*

it was trippy :cool:

I like your description :lol:

As for some of the (mostly guys) criticisms levelled at this video... I agree. Maybe we are taking the song too seriously but the emotions part of this video is totally lacking. I'm not gonna slam the video though... It's too creative, and has the boys taking the mickey out of themselves for once. Am I the only one who feels decidedly undecided about the video?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking "XFiles" when I saw the huge flashlight beams.

I have to agree the "call me" bit is hilarious. So it the bit where Chris shines his flashlight up at the moon and the beam hits it. So cheesy, ya gotta love it.