✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TALK VIDEO - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

- DAN -

[highlight=red:177e9fd432]Probably the worst Coldplay video yet!!! I expected so much of it...and received crap in return...I didn´t find it funny nor good...the only decent Coldplay videos are The Scientist 'amazing', God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Fix You...[/highlight:177e9fd432]

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first thing i said after seeing it was "what.... the hell.... did i just watch" ?

mostly because i was expecting somethign different altogether.....

but i liked it... i want to watch it again and see if there's any hidden nods to kraftwerk other than the idea of the robot itself....

I have only watched it once so maybe it will grow on me ....

But that was one of the worst videos i have ever seen!

I realise that it was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously at all, but it was boring, and honestly, not very funny at all.

i think that the videos off of this album have definitly been the worst. Fix you was boring, speed of sound was quite good but it didn't live up to the song, and now this one is just weird and boring.

Dont panic and the scientist, and even god put a smile upon your face are ten times better than any of these ones!

I have only watched it once so maybe it will grow on me ....

But that was one of the worst videos i have ever seen!

I realise that it was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously at all, but it was boring, and honestly, not very funny at all.

i think that the videos off of this album have definitly been the worst. Fix you was boring, speed of sound was quite good but it didn't live up to the song, and now this one is just weird and boring.

Dont panic and the scientist, and even god put a smile upon your face are ten times better than any of these ones!

I don't feel like quoting 10 messages of people who don't understand the video, so I'll stick with just one.

But seriously, what are you basing the comment that "it was the worst video you've ever seen!" on? Are you watching the video? Like actually watching it. Looking past the B-movie style to see that everything that is happening is symbolic of the meaning of the song. Think while you watch.

I've tried to explain the video in a small amount of space but I can't do it justice. I could write 10 pages on it. It's brilliant.

Fix You, and Speed of Sound were not good videos. Chris Martin walking around until he gets to a concert has nothing to do with the song Fix You. The guys playing in front of a giant equalizer has nothing to do with Speed of Sound. Ya, the pretty lights were entertaining for a minute, but the video had no point.

This video on the other hand, is exactly what the song is about. And it's told in a quirky, fun, and extremely creative way with the B-movie feel. Outer space is the only setting that I can think of for this video, and I don't know if it would be as meaningful if it was filmed from a very serious perspective. (Chris and the guys on the international space station? Idunno.)

So for those of you who dislike it, try watching it, and try to understand it. I can assure you it's very meaningful, and quite symbolic. Anton Corbjin is a creative genius. I should really right a definitive guide to understanding this video.

Oh, and another thing, for those of you who were dissapointed, a month ago Corbjin said to the public, "Well, it is black and white, and slightly strange, as is often the way in my videos, I guess. It will have a certain B-movie feel to it, but I cannot say more than this for now."

So, it seems to live up to exactly what he told you it was going to be.

i watched here at work with no sound so i didnt get the full effect but what I have seen made me laugh so hard I was almost crying. I dont think videos have to be serious. I mean I really dont think talk makes a good single, but I am happy to see something other than a performance video. It wasnt the best video but I do think it fits their personalities. I give it a thumbs up.

I've just watched it after getting up in the morning.. And this was definitely too much to stand this early :lol:

When I saw the first sequences I thought "No, that's a joke, that's not their video - come on, a spaceship? Why the hell do they have a spaceship in their fucking video?" Then I thought "Well, I guess they want to do something unpredictable and funny once, to show the world that they aren't only melancholic, serious and sad like everyone thinks!"

So.. I don't know exactly what to think of it. I like it, because it's something different and it has some funny parts, but on the other hand.. I HATE videos that have anything to do with UFOs, planets and robots :lol:

But maybe that's exactly what it's all about: That it's SO different.. And I think that there's much more behind this video.. I guess you need to see it over and over again until you understand what's happening.. So let's watch this robot video again and again and again and I'm sure that after watching it a couple of times, we'll all say WOW and say "Damn, they're brilliant" and "Anton Corbijn is a genius!!" because there's definitely an idea behind it.. We just need to figure it out ;)

i love how a lot of the people who say they dont like it are like all new members :rolleyes:

...but really if you watch it ..it really does make sense and is a good video with some added humor..i really dont see how people can find this video 'boring'..its a lot less boring then chris walking down some street...and i totally agree with you Crius :)

Oh' date=' I forgot something: I love these freakin' cool glasses they were :D They add a very silly, but extremely cool touch to the video :wink3:[/quote']

they are 3d glasses and if you have a pair of 3d glasses or can get some watch it with those, the vid is in 3d ;)

Have you actually confirmed that? Because I was thinking it, but don't have a pair handy at the moment.

yes, i can tell its 3d because why else would it have the red and green outline and why would they be wearing 3d glasses. its like in some 3d movies i have seen when the characters in the movie put on the glasses you in the audience are to put yours on too and it is 3d. I havent tried it myself but am 100% sure that it is in 3d. ;)