✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TALK VIDEO - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

- DAN -

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh' date=' I forgot something: I love these freakin' cool glasses they were :D They add a very silly, but extremely cool touch to the video :wink3:[/quote']

they are 3d glasses and if you have a pair of 3d glasses or can get some watch it with those, the vid is in 3d ;)

Thanks, I'll do that :D But I think I gotta wait until it's on TV.. It takes a while until we can finally see it, the Austrian music channel said Friday :/

What were they thinking??? Such an amazing song, such a bad video. You can see non of them (well, besides chris of course) feels comfortable "playing" in the video. It could have been much better.

Still, "Talk" is my favorite song of "X&Y".

Yeah, but they always do serious videos, this is a christmas release, the third off the album and they wanted to do something fun for once. It's still a good song.

I like it. And I think it's good that they did something fun for once. There's only so many perfomance videos one band can do :idea2:

yeah. ill give it fun' date=' but i dont see how it relates to the song at all. not that it has to, but its just weird. i dont think talk will make number one though... but the old version wouldve i think.[/quote']

Yeah, I agree on the weirdness part. I feel so :/ and :confused: right now.

I so want to like the video (the way I did Trouble - US release since that was black&white too and quite creative), but somehow Talk keeps me at arms length. This video doesn't resonate emotionally the way Trouble did... maybe becoz it's ripped off the internet & not playing on a big TV screen? But neways, it is subversive and I think its dissonant feel is meant to give a nod to 70's cheesiness :cheesy:

yeah. ill give it fun' date=' but i dont see how it relates to the song at all. not that it has to, but its just weird. i dont think talk will make number one though... but the old version wouldve i think.[/quote']

I don't like it... it doesn't fit with the song and it doesn't fit with coldplay...

too bad!! curious what the song is going to do in europe...

I'll tell you what. If you tell me what you think the song is about, I will tell you exactly how the video coincides.

The song can be interpreted in different ways. My boyfriend lost his younger brother and the lyrics have therefor a very emotional meaning for him. For me it has more a meaning to the world: let's communicate again in the best and most efficient way we can: just talk. Anton Corbijn will have is own interpretation of the song and that's what we see in the video. But it doesn't give it the emotional feel I have with the song...

But i'm curious what your way of looking at it is...

my reaction was for crius as well... didn't see your reaction with the potato chips after i posted mine :)

you might be right that the video was just for fun... maybe they had a lot of fun shooting it! I only saw the video with coldplayer, maybe it's different when i see it on TV. but for now i personally think that the video doens't do the song justice...

even when it's about staying up late and eating potato chips ;)

i love how a lot of the people who say they dont like it are like all new members :rolleyes:

Don't patronise.

Crius - I perfectly understand the concept of this video. I am able to 'get' that. I know it's also trying to be rather tongue-in-cheek but, nah, it just comes across as a total joke - not in a good way. It basically stunts the song.

*shrug* There's nothing wrong with admitting you don't like it - I happen to think it's the worst video they've come up with so far.