✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

"Junkie Pete lends support to distraught Amy Winehouse as husband is taken to the cel

Pete Doherty lends support to distraught Amy Winehouse as husband is taken to the cells

By STEVE MYALL - More by this author » Last updated at 00:11am on 11th November 2007 Distraught Amy Winehouse was supported by junkie rocker Pete Doherty in court yesterday as she watched her husband packed off to jail.

The Babyshambles frontman was in the public gallery when Blake Fielder-Civil was remanded in custody until Friday next week accused of perverting justice.

Tearful Amy, 24, was "devastated" as her 25-year-old husband was led from the dock at Thames Magistrates Court, East London, to start his stay at Pentonville jail.

Scroll down for more ...

petewineMOS1011_468x464.jpgFRIENDS: Pete Doherty attended court to support Amy Winehouse as her husband was refused bail

Immediately afterwards she told her mother-in-law Georgette Civil, 42: "I want Blake home. I love him and I can't live without him."

Amy, accompanied by her father Mitch, stood at the back of the court next to the glass dividing the public gallery and the dock throughout the hearing.

Wearing a black top and grey pencil skirt --and sporting her trademark beehive - she blew Fielder-Civil kisses and repeatedly mouthed "I love you" when her husband turned around and smiled at her.

But as District Judge John Perkins ruled her husband must stay in custody, she suddenly looked distraught and momentarily turned her head away from the courtroom.

Doherty, 28 - who has appeared at the same court himself on drugs charges - left as soon as the case was over.

Amy left through a rear exit and was driven away in a silver BMW without speaking to reporters. But Mrs Civil, a hairdresser from Newark, Nottinghamshire, said the Rehab singer cannot stop crying.

She added: "Amy said she was devastated. She is so upset and keeps saying she can't be without Blake.

"We are absolutely gutted. We thought that Blake would be granted bail. We appealed to the court for that on condition that he stayed with his family in Nottinghamshire.

"Amy was happy with that arrangement and was prepared to float back and forth."

Scroll down for more ...

winehouse091107_468x619.jpgEmotional: Amy Winehouse kisses her husband Blake Fielder-Civil before he is led away in handcuffs by police

Read more...

A family source said: "Blake has never been in the clink before and he'll be climbing the walls. None of us wanted to see him lose his liberty and Amy will go to pieces without him."

Music video assistant Fielder-Civil, who lives with Amy in Camden, North London, appeared with Anthony Kelly, 25, of Chalk Farm, who was also accused of perverting justice and remanded in custody to the same day. The pair will next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court, East London.

Scroll down for more ...

winehouse091107_468x593.jpgShellshocked: Amy with a handcuffed Blake

Amy's husband is one of five men arrested in two days on suspicion of perverting justice in relation to a court case set for tomorrow at Snaresbrook.

The charge alleges he conspired with a witness in the case, in which he faces a grievous bodily harm accusations.

A judge will decide tomorrow if the assault case will go ahead.

Scroll down for more ...

winehouseBCM_468x573.jpgThe red door is prised open by the specially-trained entry expert in the raid on Thursday night at the singer's house

winehouse1BIG_468x590.jpgAn officer steps up to the door armed with a crowbar

On Thursday night Winehouse flung her arms around her husband in a last desperate embrace.

"Baby, I love you...baby, I'll be fine," Amy Winehouse sobbed before her junkie husband was bundled into an unmarked police car.

The dramatic scenes unfolded as Fielder-Civil was arrested for alleged involvement in a plot to fix a trial for £200,000.

The bombshell claims against him plunged the already troubled singer into renewed turmoil. But she has said she is standing by her man.

Scroll down for more...

winehouse2BIG_468x444.jpgAnd they're in: Officers enter the singer's house

Fielder-Civil had been due to stand trial next Monday accused of a brutal attack on a barman, which could see him jailed if convicted.

But detectives are now investigating sensational allegations that a witness in that case was offered a cash payoff to change his story.

Police are examining whether Fielder-Civil was involved in an audacious plot to pervert the course of justice. He was one of four men arrested on Thursday evening in a series of dramatic raids in London.

Scroll down for more ...

policesplitWENN_468x405.jpgAfter the raid: Police stand guard outside Winehouse's home

He was handcuffed in front of his hysterical wife before he was taken away by police.

It came hours after officers had battered their way into the couple's home and spent three hours searching for evidence among their personal belongings.

They were not there at the time, but police caught up with them later at a flat in Bow, East London.

Now Miss Winehouse's family fear for her health as the latest drama in her life unfolds.

The award-winning jazz diva has fought battles against drugs and depression and is understood to be desperately worried that her husband could face a lengthy jail sentence.

There is no suggestion Miss Winehouse, 24, knew anything about the alleged plot, which came to light in secretly filmed meetings involving her husband.

Scroll down for more...

winehouseBIG0811_468x724.jpgAmy with her father Mitch in Soho on Thursday night

She was not present at the meetings, but police will be keen to find out if she can help them in any way with their inquiries.

Yesterday her taxi driver father Mitch Winehouse visited her house - needing to first retrieve keys from the police - and left with two Harvey Nichols bags of belongings including a bath robe and towel, suggesting that his daughter, who went into hiding at a friend's house, does not plan to return soon.

Mr Winehouse, 57, said: "Clearly, this is very serious.

"Despite what has been said I have no wish for Blake to go to prison.

"I've no wish for that as Amy and Blake are very much in love.

"Obviously she's very upset and as her father I am upset and so are the rest of my family.

"Georgette and Giles - Blake's parents - and my family are standing right behind our children and will make sure they get all the help, love and support they need.'

He added: "I'm not 100 per cent sure where Amy is. I know she's with friends and being looked after."

Asked about 25-year-old Fielder-Civil, Scotland Yard confirmed that four men - aged 19, 22, and two aged 25 - had been arrested and were being questioned at separate police stations in connection with allegedly attempting to pervert justice in relation to next week's trial.

Fielder-Civil and his friend Michael Brown, 39, are charged with grievous bodily harm for allegedly attacking barman James King. He required metal plates fitted in his face after being assault at the trendy Macbeth pub in Hoxton, East London, on June 20.

Scroll down for more...

winehouseBBHPIC_468x704.jpgAmy and a frighteningly pale Blake, who joined her for the last leg of her European tour last month

Two weeks ago, two men contacted the Daily Mirror newspaper claiming they had CCTV footage of the attack.

The two men allegedly provided the Daily Mirror with details of an attempt to get one of the witnesses to the assault to change his evidence.

Police were tipped off and, on Thursday, arrested the two men and a fourth man outside a pub before swooping on the flat in Camden Town where Fielder-Civil and Miss Winehouse live.

If convicted, he could be jailed as both GBH and perverting justice are charges carrying maximum sentences of life in prison.

At a previous hearing, Fielder-Civil denied GBH with intent.

Yesterday the Crown Prosecution Service said the trial was still listed to go ahead on Monday, but legal sources said that would probably change over the weekend.

A spokesman for the singer would not elaborate on the fast-moving developments, but said: "The only thing I can tell you is that it has nothing to do with drugs and that Amy is fine and she has not been charged or arrested."

A friend of Miss Winehouse said: "Most of her circle are hoping this will be a wake-up call to her to get on with her life.

"She seemed absolutely fine with it and already seems to have snapped out of this obsession she has with him.

"She is a survivor and is already moving on without him."

Brit award winner Miss Winehouse has received critical acclaim for her music but is under intense scrutiny due to her erratic lifestyle.

Her family spoke recently of their fears for her health following her struggles with drugs, alcohol and bulimia.

She has cancelled a string of gigs this year and has been on a path of self-destruction ever since suffering a drugs overdose three months ago, according to friends.

Last month she was arrested in a Norway hotel and charged with possessing cannabis, and a week ago she shocked the MTV music awards in Munich by slurring her way through the song Back To Black before being helped off stage.

She has twice failed attempts at rehab and her father recently said he was "sickened and wanted to die" after seeing shocking pictures of his daughter with blood seeping through her shoes, allegedly from heroin injections between her toes.

Yesterday evening her mother Janis Winehouse, who is divorced from her father, told the Daily Mail: "I am obviously worried about how Amy will cope if Blake is not around, but what happens happens, and I will always be there for her."

Later, a friend said Miss Winehouse was planning to stay at her father's home in Greenhithe, Kent.

And the singer insisted: "Blake's told me he's done nothing wrong and I believe him. Whatever happens I'll be there for him."

She told her mother-in-law Georgette Civil: "I love him and I just want him home."

Mrs Civil, 42, a hair salon boss from Newark, Nottinghamshire, said her son had told her: "Don't worry about me. I'm fine. I'm all right."

She added: "He would never try to fix his trial. It's just ridiculous. I know that and Amy knows that.

"Blake intended to plead not guilty but we have all been desperately worried that he would be locked up if a jury found him guilty. We are very anxious.

"Blake's been in custody all day. I managed to speak to him on the phone and he told me not to worry.

"Amy has told me she will stand by Blake whatever happens."

Last night Scotland Yard said that a fifth man, aged 36, had been arrested in connection with the case.

• 1 month later...

Doherty accused of stealing song

(Friday December 28, 2007 03:10 PM)

Babyshambles rocker Pete Doherty is facing accusations he stole a tune from a musician - and then failed to credit him.

Wayne Kenyon - a former pal of Babyshambles guitarist Mik Whitnall - insists the song Baddie's Boogie is based on a composition he penned in 1997 on tour with rock group The Ferrymen. Whitnall was playing in the band at the time.

And the incensed rocker has now launched action against Babyshambles.

Kenyon says, "Baddie's Boogie is a tune I wrote for The Ferrymen. I have footage of me playing it at three gigs in Germany in 1997.

"I have written to Babyshambles' record company and they said they were passing it on to their lawyers. But I have heard nothing since."

The guitarist claims Whitnall promised he would mention him on their album Shotters Nation, but only the Babyshambles star was credited in the sleeve.

Meanwhile, Doherty is also facing claims he used lyrics from punk poet Nick Toczeks on Baddie's Boogie without permission.

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/28122007/364/doherty-accused-stealing-song.html&e=l_news_dm

• 4 months later...

Yeti are my favourites....I really, really like them and their sound. "Carpet Road", "Midnight Flight", "Up and Down"

New album huh? Look forward to it. I went to see them at Proud Galleries in Camden last September, very good.... the singer Mark has an excellent voice. :)

From what I can tell, the new album will contain a mix of new tracks and tracks released on Yume, although they might have been re-recorded.

I think you can pre-order the cd from hmv.com for £6,99, which is a good price

Pete.. uhmm...

I must confess that I think Pete from the libertines is hot... lol yeah, u guys must think I'm crazy.. but even though he's a druggie there's just something about him...

• 1 month later...

Yeti's 'debut' album is great :)

Good mix between songs which have been around since 2005 and newer songs. Although it appears their earlier singles & b-sides have been removed from iTunes :(

Shame they are the lesser known of the 3 bands :(