✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day i was looking at some websites and found a link to adopt a wild animal on this site http://www.adoption.co.uk/index.html , where you can also sponsor an acre of rainforest, and thought it could be a good idea for the CCC. I don´t know anything about that foundation, maybe someone from the UK does, as it is originally from there. The minimum you need to pay depends on each animal and on the way you decide to do it.

Also through WWF you can adopt an animal, the website is http://www.wwf.org/

The other day i was looking at some websites and found a link to adopt a wild animal on this site http://www.adoption.co.uk/index.html , where you can also sponsor an acre of rainforest, and thought it could be a good idea for the CCC. I don´t know anything about that foundation, maybe someone from the UK does, as it is originally from there. The minimum you need to pay depends on each animal and on the way you decide to do it.

Also through WWF you can adopt an animal, the website is http://www.wwf.org/

Great Sofy! Thanks for the links. WWF is a reputable and well known charity, and I think it would be wonderful to be able to do this, but we do have to keep in mind that we must be selective of which and how many charities we support. The rainforest charity is called Rainforest Concern, and I can't say I've heard of it before. Anyone know of it? Once the Sponsor a Child project is sustainable from month to month in terms of consistant donations, we could start up another money raising project. Good to start thinking about. Thanks again. :) I'll add the links to the first post. :nice:

^yes, sure, i also think we should wait and see how the 1.36 campaign goes, i dont want to be negative, but sometimes people start ´forgetting´ about it...

and, yes, i went to the WWF because i didnt know the other foundation, but apparently it´s related to it..? i started investigating today because i was studying all week, and now im off to study again! see yah! :kiss:

^ Yup, the 1.36 campaign has done really well this first month, but I only hope that the enthusiasm doesn't start to wane as months go by. All of this months donators will be send a friendly reminder email to donate for the next installment if they are able. Hope that is enough to keep it going!!

See ya Sofy. Good luck with studying! :kiss:

I've been walking around my school with 'Support CCC' written on the back of my hand (haha, yeah i know i have no life). It's really hard to explain it, and when i say go to the thread, it's just to hard and takes to much time that students won't really go and look. Is it possible to make an official site to just post what CCC is? or at least a flyer i could give to anyone who asks?

^ Excellent ideas FluMTonks!! I'm having problems explaining it to people as well. A website and CCC flyer would both be great! I'd be happy to work on both. If you would like to take charge and start a thread to get help on designing a flyer, perhaps we could all pitch in ideas on what it should say/look like.

You're writing Support CCC on your hand? Aww :kiss: Good one. I shall have to start doing that as well. :P

^ I do know that Ian prefers to keep the Coldplaying name within the bounds of Coldplaying.com as much as possible' date=' so we'd have to clear the idea of a CCC explanatory website with him first, of course.[/quote']

Yea, that might be a problem. Hopefully you guys can figure out something. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

• Like 1

So you guys are wanting to get off this board and onto a website??? the costs would be a lot higher....If you have to spend money on anything,would it not be better to just stay on here,and donate ALL the funds??

If i have misunderstood,i apologise.

:)

^ If we did do a website, we wouldn't get our own domain name or anything, so we wouldn't pay a penny (i.e. we could host it on geocities or my university webspace). And it wouldn't be a full blown website....just a simple, single page with links and a short description about the club. It is easier to direct someone to an easy-to-remember URL, than try to explain how to get on these message boards! :P

I am thinking about producing some home made business cards with some of the banners printed on, to hand out at the IOW Festival. I presume that nobody would mind if I went ahead and did this.

If you do please let me know and I will try and come up with my own ideas. :)

^ Fantastic idea! I'm hoping that the CCC can get a lot of exposure at IOW, with fliers, banners, CCC members wearing club t-shirts, etc. Your business card idea is great too. We could also make fair trade informational posters.

I guess we'll have to figure out who all is going, and who can do what. Might be a good idea to start planning all these things now, so that when the time comes, the CCC can be ready! :D

ahh, sry haven't been posting, internet was down... :(

the card looks really cool, but, with the colorful backround you're using it'll be more expensive... how would the card look without the backround?

Hope we get a website going up... my friends think i'm just being over obsessive...