✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome crestingwaves! If you want to find out more about CCC, simply refer to the first post of this thread where there is plenty of information for you. :)

If you you still have questions, feel free to PM an_cat, lunar1126, victanic, or myself. :D

hmm' date='i cannot join,i knew that[/quote']

If you are refering to the fact that your name isn't on the member list on the first post yet, then don't worry. I just haven't got a chance to update it in the past few days. I will add your name, along with all the other new members, soon. Everyone is welcome to join!! :)

• Like 1

Hey! I wanna join!

I can't set up my own PayPal account or donate anything without my parents knowing, and they're a bit stingy. -_-

But I love you're guy's ideas! Actually, my geography teacher last semester had a little cup that he would use whatever was in it to sponser a child. The whole class would put their spare change in and stuff--it was pretty cool. :)

I'd love to help out with graphics 'n stuff though. I've been told I'm kinda good with those things, heh.

Hey Alyssa, welcome! :nice:

Will, yeah we will have things for everyone to do soon! Actually, one thing everyone can start thinking about is a monthly CCC newsletter (like the Coldplay ezine). We'll need to have some people write, edit, design. Some ideas about what we can include are international news articles, editorials, current CCC project updates, and ideas for future projects. Each issue could primarily focus on one story: AIDS, Darfur, Fair Trade, etc. Any other ideas about what can be included?

Oh! Sounds great Nadia. I know that I'd be fully willing to support it. I could design and write a few things for it. I've been told that I'm pretty good at both. I'm also quite the grammar Nazi. :)

Of course, we can always deem someone other than a mod as the Editor-in-Cheif! I think it may actually be better that way to get the members very involved. I could be in control of gathering pictures, and any articles that I could possibly contribute.

I also thought we could have contests, articles about what Coldplay fans are doing and a secont on just the band and what they're doing for charity. And perhaps a Charity of the Month as well?

This will be an awesome idea if we make it work! :D

Charity of the Month is a great idea Allie! We could write things up about it, give a link to where on the website people can donate, or get involved, etc etc!

I'm more than willing to write things for a newsletter. I'm pretty good at researchy stuff, maybe I could write a commentary on ending poverty or AIDS or something every now and then?? :wink3: :lol:

I just thought of something that's related to the Charity of the Month idea... What if we did something like "crisis" of the month. Or "country" of the month. Obviously, not talking about developed western world countries here. I mean like focus on an issue, humanitarian crisis or third world country/region that needs attention. Then provide links for everything we can find that pretains to it? That could be worthwhile!

I would love to write something for the newsletter. I love to write.

Perhaps if we do this newsletter thing, we can break it down into pairs? Because team-based stuff works better. I.E... two people are assigned a few article to write between them, and they can delegate to each other which ones to write and double-check each other's stuff.

IDK, just an idea.

Yeah, you don't have to donate to join. :)

For the newsletter, I'll be happy to do research type articles (I love this sorta thing too!), or work on layout. Will, I like your idea for pairing off to write/edit.

We could have a sign up sheet every month, where people could put their names down for what they want to contribute.

Edit: One more thing...we could have rotating Editor-In-Chiefs who oversee the 'production' of the newsletter each month. Anyone dying to head it up for this month? SPEAK NOW. :borg::lol:

Anyone know what all the jobs required for producing a newsletter are? I know of Editor-in-chief of course, writers, designers (I guess?) but what else? We can make a list of all of these and people can kind of "apply" for them for our first issue!

hello! i got an pm from an_cat a while ago regarding this, and i thought it was great idea. and there's a whole forum for this now :). i'm into this definately (plus would make me feel better about doing something for good causes), now how do i join ?

the banners are very cool also :cool: