✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

yesterday a friend of mine was looking for a translation of the word "shiver", when i heard him asking some class mates for the translation, i jumped and shouted

"ça signifie frissonner ou trembler"

i was soo excited by this and told him that it's a song of Coldplay, and he told me "oh really, coldplay"

actually,i wanted to be the first to give the translation and in the same time to tell him that it reminds me of coldplay... i was soo proud of it

that was funny :)

^^ ahaha !! well done ! but what did he mean when he says "oh really Coldplay" ? was it a critic ? :angry:;):P

ooh and when I hear the word Shiver it makes me think of Natalie Imbruglia :\

no, i don't think so, he's a great guy:lol: and he likes a little coldplay

soo, i think he just doesn't know that coldplay have a song called shiver

nooo you should think of coldplay first and then she lol:P

no, i don't think so, he's a great guy:lol: and he likes a little coldplay

soo, i think he just doesn't know that coldplay have a song called shiver

nooo you should think of coldplay first and then she lol:P

I know.. I shouldnt think of her at all..

Good he likes them even a little !

I just found out that a classmate loved Coldplay. X&Y is on his ipod. :P So proud !

on the subejcts of coldplay AND simon pegg...

i was in the movie theater with my mom today and we saw a poster for run fatboy run, which i cant WAIT to see. we got talking about simon pegg and i mentioned that simon was the godfather of chris's kids. and my mom turns to me and says

"he's the godfather of which one, the fruit or the bible-figure?"

and i just about died laughing.

Haha, funny story chelsea. At least people in your family like the band.

Speaking of which, I am now home for the weekend, and my brother is already spouting rubbish like "Nickelback is way better than coldplay" and "is there new album coming out yet or are they doing it again because they realised its crap?"

For your information this is the boy who is getting into death metal right now.

All the boys in our school are into death metal and stuff, which is probably why they can't get gigs at our school, no respectable headmaster would let a band play if they played death metal.

I remember listening to the guys in this local band called Snapshot (Once upon a time I was their keyboardist/manager) saying "We'll never play any music except AC/DC and metalica" and I thought 'If only you could hear Pour Me'

AROBTTH did the same exact thing for me last thursday, which was just a dark, dark day. all i could think about was transferring colleges and how much i hated all the work i was being forced to do and i had several mini freak-outs during the day about how i'm getting nowhere in the film field when i could be if i was at the right school...and i put on AROBTTH and felt SO much better. that's the only reason i slept that night at all. it's strange, but i start feeling a little better even by the middle of politik, which is coincidentally my least favorite song on the album. it's just crazy what kind of magic that album works on me exactly when i need it most. AROBTTH, the tour diary of the live 2003 DVD, and hot fuzz are the best remedies for a bad day IMO.

Politik is one of my favorites oddly enough (the second half of the song is too beautiful to ignore) but its just knowing what songs are coming next that lifts you.

And whats this about transferring colleges? It would be really sad if your course isn't working out for you :(. What is it you're finding difficult to cope with?

^i very much agree about the second half of politik, when it becomes more "intense" towards the end, so to speak. i think it's a BRILLIANT song, i just happen to like all the others more.

and my current school doesn't really have film. that's what i'm having a hard time with, because over the past 9 months i've 100% let myself decide that i'm going to pursue film despite the risks and impracticality, and my current uni isn't the place for that at all. i can major in american studies with a focus in mass media, which is ok, but it's not film. i can also create a major, but it's got to be approved, and if i'm really looking to get a good education in film, this isn't exactly the place for it. i'm pretty sure i'm just going to stick it out and create a film and television studies major and then go to grad school for a more practical education in film, but i'm just getting bogged down with all the other stuff (because in most american colleges, you don't officially decide what you're going to study until the end of your second out of four years there) and most of the required courses i have to take i took in high school because i went to a pretty academically intense high school, but they're just not going to drop the requirements because one student says they took comparable things in high school. i'm tired of wasting my time with courses like russian history and sciences!

*whew* ok, sorry. i think i need to learn to explain myself in more private and less annoying venues! :rolleyes:

Wow, thats alot to take in. Well having read through it a couple of times i think I'm getting the idea behind the way the education system works for you. Not letting you decide what you want to do until your second year? Goodness. And I thought I had it bad in sixth form last year (having to do biology and french which i got absolutely sick of). I can totally understand why you're frustrated with your college - russian literature and the sciences sound like a real drag. It seems as if it works very differently than it does here... After A Levels, you can virtually do anything you want, assuming you meet the requirements of the course of your choice. There are a few modules on this one I'd rather live without (Maths for multimedia) but really I should count myself lucky that I get to do whaT I want... finally.

i reckon if there IS a place you could transfer to, you should do it. Theres no point of wasting your qualifications when you could be using them to persue your dream.

I can't really think of much else to say since the tiredness is setting in, but I hope I'm making a least a fraction of sense.

you're making a hell of a lot of sense. sorry to blab all that to you! i'm just weird and am having a hard time fathoming switching schools because i do technically like everything about my current college besides the fact that they don't have film, and i'd run into the same issues of academic requirements at almost every american college...that's just how higher education works here, unfortunately. you brits REALLY have it right, i think. i contemplated applying to british unis straight out, but the UK is a bit too far away for my first time living away from home, i think. but i'll be studying (film!!) there in a year and a half if everything goes to plan! and i plan to live in england later on in my life for a decently long time, so i suppose i just have to be patient.

That's ok, I like dealing with long posts. It just gets a little... difficult to take in after 4 in the morning :laugh1:

Yeah the UK would be a little too ambitious for a first time living independantly, I admit. Goodness, I would never have the guts to move out of this country during the next few years at uni, but its great that you're considering coming over here for a year or two! That would be great :nice: There are alot of decent film / multimedia courses/ colleges here, but you need to know where to look... I'll go into that another time hopefully.

And I do like the system here, a few blips here and there that i think should be ironed out, but apart from that I feel its unfair to complain abut it. the fact im doing the course im doing now is proof that I should really be happy with the system as it is - and to a certain degree I am.

Well my body is really starting to collapse now so I think its time for me to hit the hay... so ill see you later hopefully chelsea! Its been pleasant talking to you :nice: Goodnight

Guest Grace

see where all that "new homepage" frenzy put us.

it's getting really serious now, don't you think so?

i cannot wait to hold the album in my hands... i guess i'd jump up and down as soon as i know the release date. i cannot wait any longer!!

please, please, please, please.

GIVE US A SIGN.

hahahahahahaaaa.

:laugh3:

i'm drooooooling at the thought of the release date. i think there's a chance it's in may still, given how far they are with the website! they really just probbaly need to pick a layout and make it functional...which i would think would take like what, 2-3 weeks?

if there was a drooling smiley, i would use it. instead, this is my staple "excited" smiley: :dance:

Guest Grace

what if it's not gonna be like any other cd release?

what if they confirm the date like... not a month before the actual release but 1 week before it? :)

I'm still thinking maybe late May / early June, but who knows. All this stuff is so sudden. The site design seems complete, which in turn tells us some of the tracks that are definitely going to be on the album (Death & All His Friends, Chinese Sleep Chant, Forty Two, Famous Old Painters). Which means that they sorted out the track listing before the first site designs were posted, which was on 11th March. So basically, to have lyrics and references to songs in the designs, they must have finished everything to do with the album itself before that date. So yeah, who knows?

i think i'll go fucking INSANE if it's going to be a late may/early june release AND THEY DON'T TELL US UNTIL A WEEK BEFORE. i will probably crack up. not to mention be very very angry. i think in this case, it's almost dare i say rude to do that to us, because we KNOW it's coming sometime in that timeframe and just want to know exactly when. with radiohead it seemed more acceptable IMO because there wasn't a pinpointed time for release, really. it was a surprise, and that's what made it cool. this wouldnt be a surprise at all, because we know they'd be telling us SOMETIME soon.