✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

^somehow, that was even funnier the second time you told me about it :laugh4:

for some reason, every time that i've listened to "shiver" this week since we got all this fabulous news, i'm suddenly overcome by this concentrated feeling of intense excitement for the new music. i've been excited around the clock since we got the date, don't get me wrong, but for some reason every time i hear this song, it gets heightened to a new level. perhaps it's because i think it's one of their greatest songs musically and especially vocally, and chris's vocals are supposed to be outstanding on VLVOD.

the sad part is that "shiver" is my cell phone ringtone, so i'm getting kind of ridiculously and unbearably excited quite frequently...:dozey:

Guest Grace

another random thought of mine...

i just have to play the "Daylight" version off "Live 2003" as loud as possible when i am low and i immediately feel better.

i :heart: it when chris sings,"slowly breaking through the dayli-i-ight!"

^i loooove that version of daylight! i love the way it's shot on the DVD as well...sometimes in black and white and in color during the chorus with the orange and purple light...

it also gets me when jonny sings...

ok, i'm really active with the barack obama presidential campaign, and pennsylvania (the state i'm at uni in right now) is HUGELY important to the nomination, so there are hundreds and hundreds of offical obama campaigners around. there's one that's working specifically with our school and he was at our obama club meeting yesterday...and i just about fell over when i walked into the room because i thought he WAS will champion.

and i was talking to him again today...and the whole time i was wondering if he knew that he was practically a will champion clone :laugh1:

there's one that's working specifically with our school and he was at our obama club meeting yesterday...and i just about fell over when i walked into the room because i thought he WAS will champion.

and i was talking to him again today...and the whole time i was wondering if he knew that he was practically a will champion clone :laugh1:

That is hilarious.

I bought X&Y, but I'd much rather have bought AROBTTH now. At the time I thought X&Y was the best thing since sliced bread, you see, and I almost completely dismissed AROBTTH because of that. It took me until about Septmber 2005 to realise AROBTTH's pure brilliance though.

And then in January I started stalking this board, god knows why it took me 4 months to sign up.

i kind of go release and merchandise crazy. i have two copies of AROBTTH on CD (well, one's my mom's), one X&Y, one parachutes (i actually only bought the parachutes one two months ago! i only had a burned copy before), all three albums on vinyl, the singles box set...not to mention a couple posters and t-shirts and the like. i just figure that if i like them so much and really believe in what they're doing, i might as well support them in that.

however, i'm probably going to end up illegally downloading VLVOD either a few days before or if it leaks before then. though i still plan to go out and buy the physical release! there's something about having a record as a tangible thing that i like way more than downloads.

^ I want the singles box set :cry: and I need to get that poster of X&Y cover I know you own.

I had X&Y first, then bought AROBTTH and Parachutes and more recently X&Y latin american version. Why dont you get AROBTTH now, Zemy ?

^I dunno. I suppose I should, but really it will just be to give them &10 of my money. And I'll be going crazy on their next release anyway.

I want the Single's Boxset as well, but it's just too damn expensive. And I'll need a USB record player as well. Maybe in the summer.

god, i always have to have SOME random coldplay thought :rolleyes:

but earlier i was reading a news article about barack obama (him again, yes) and it said he was in PORTLAND. my heart jumped a little, thinking that if both obama AND coldplay were in portland maine right now, i would seriously, seriously consider driving up there under the rouse of going to an obama rally but also doing some CP spotting as well...but then i read on and found that he was in portland, OREGON and not portland, MAINE. damn this country having so many duplicate names! :laugh4:

ok.. here's a random thought... or, er observation?

(mostly I couldn't find the thread I wanted, so I'm posting in this one.)

I was watching Extras, and noticed that "Greatest Hits" was supposed to be released on the "17th of this month".. which is when VLV will be released in my neck of the woods..

anyways, something small, but thought it was an interesting coincidence...

I went to go walk my dog (well, not my dog but thats a looong story) and as I turned the corner I recongnised a famillier song. I'm very good at knowing what a song is even if I can hardly hear it...I knew it and I knew and then I was like "OMFG!! That's Politik by Coldplay!!" it was the bit just before the last verse and I just about exploded with happiness. I think I scared my neighbours when I walked past their houses looking like I was about to scream "OMFG!! AHHH I"M SOOO HAPPY!!!!" but it's just that really really really nice feeling when you know that someone also likes Coldplay

^^ how nice !!!! Politik's just one of my favorite songs ! you should have knocked and said "good taste!" :thumbsup:

I know that feeling. We were having a post- hungover breakfast with some friends the other day. We only slept like 2hours and the day after we had exams.. we were tense, tired and wanted to relax so someone put some music on and heeeeee it was "dont panic" :P they didnt even know I liked Coldplay. what a great feeling !!

I used to have this babysitter and when she had children she didn't look after me and whenever I go over to visit (her children are like siblings to me, I've known them both since they were born) she puts on some music and she put on Don't Panic and her daughter (who turns 7) started singing along and I think I died on the spot. I instantly grabbed my MP3 and played her a sample of Parachutes...I don't think she caught on but I'll convert her over, just you wait!!!

lol...