✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

true, true, true.

the (very large) crazy side of me thinks that if they're not going to give us the Information soon, then they MUST be pulling something like a radiohead; i.e., telling us only a few days before they release it or something. but if they're doing a conventional CD release in stores, that doesn't make much sense because the CD shipment will be on the inventory lists of many stores for weeks...

i still think they might be doing something a little different with this release. hoepfully it's different enough that they won't be pinned as radiohead copycats. then again, they do still have to work within their EMI contract...

Capital I for Information, I like it :laugh1:

I think this Violet Hill business of giving it away as a promotion for the new album is as close as pulling a Radiohead as theyr'e gonna get, since (as you pointed out) they're still under contract with EMI. Assuming the second half of May is still feasable for a release, then that means they must be hiding something, or leaving it till the last minute to announce it. Either that, or they will delay it by a few weeks/months. Which I hope is NOT going to happen since many sources and interviews indicate a May/ June release.

the capital I seems appropriate :P

i very much hope that RS was right about them releasing "violet hill" online "in the coming weeks." let's see, the article was posted 2/27, and i take "coming weeks" to mean no more than 5...

but the article did say that the band was only considering it...blargh.

as i've said before, i wish coldplay.com itself had RSS feeds. then every time a new star was posted i would get a little pop-up...or better yet, i wish i could get a text message! then i'd never miss a thing for classes or errands! :laugh1:

RSS feeds would save me so much time, as I have constant urges to check the site when I'm on the computer. Not an hour goes by when I don't check the site... its crazy.

As for the 'considering' comment, I would like to think they wouldn't have mentioned it if they didnt think it was likely to happen. But who knows. I've always found it frustrating when the information we get concerning this album is not conclusive. If anything, it makes me more impatient because it creates more questions than it does answers. If that makes any sense.

^^that's pretty much my whole frustration for this album: nothing's been set in stone so far, not even the songs included or the tracklisting! i hate inconclusiveness in pretty much every venue, so it's really getting to me. once they give us a release date, i can wait for everything else to be decided because we'll have the date where everything else will be solved. but the mystery and the lack of a plan is killing me! i hate guesses and i hate surprises.

ok, now i'm REALLY leaving.

haha! well, i'm back now, and i see you're still here! :P i successfully got my mind off THE star through the cinema and retail therapy. well, not therapy, but i got my mind off of it for a while, which was the point. and now i'm back here, wallowing in anticipation.

saw that SOTD got its own star, though, which makes me happy.

EDIT: ok, now you're gone as well. nevermind :(

Hey, I wondering when you would get here :laugh1: Yeah I'm still around. I guess you've seen all the analysing and stuff since you were gone huh?

Yes Shaun definitely needs its own star! Love that film (although I like Hot fuzz ever so slightly more). What surprised me is that they posted 2 stars in one day! How cool is that!

hot fuzz is basically my life. as a film student (well, film student in the making...i have to go through all the dumb requirements before i can declare my major in US unis), i get the weirdest looks when i say that's in my top 5 movies of all time. frankly, though, it's genuis! the writing is spectacular, as is the directing. yes, it's also entertaining as hell, but people don't seem to realize that it's got cinematic worth as well. SOTD as well, but HF slightly more. i think the only thing i'm anticipating more than LP4 and seeing coldplay and radiohead live again is seeing their third movie in the "blood and ice cream trilogy." ohmygod.

i watched it twice on sunday...:rolleyes:

i checked in at coldplay.com at 8PM here just in case they were going to put up THE star at midnight GMT, but no cigar :mean:

I havn't heard of that trilogy, but then again I'm not an avid follower of there's. Is it as good as their other stuff? To be anticipating it more than LP4, it must be pretty special.

Probably should take this convo to the entertainments section, people are propbably getting sick of reading our life stories :laugh1:

No midnight post, no. But we're getting close to something, I'm sure of it.

^blood and ice cream trilogy is just the trio of movies written by simon pegg and edgar wright featuring simon pegg and nick frost, among others. SOTD was the first, HF was the second, and the third is due out in 2009 or so. they're so called because they're all gory and involve ice cream in the form of cornettos.

ok, will shut up now :P but i really have an unhealthy obsession with these films.

run, fatboy, run comes out march 28th here! i'm TOTALLY finding a way to get there once it's out; i don't care what essays or exams i have that week. gahhhhhh, simon pegg! he wrote this one, too (as well as HF and SOTD), so it's BOUND to be good!

ok, back on the topic :rolleyes:

was in the apple store today, and i'm really really lusting after an ipod touch even though i have no need for it. but i watched the speed of sound video on it, and as i was watching it, the speed of sound song came on over the sound system in the store! they play awesome music in there.

also checked coldplay.com for new stars while using the AMAZING macbook air in the store, but alas...nothing.

Can someone please try and get on coldplay.com please? I just tried and it's not working for me. Every other site is but not coldplay.com... I'm thinking either an new site is ready to go live, or my internet connection is crap (yes I know I should be in bed now!)

EDIT: Never mind. I tried it on my laptop and the site is working after all, internet on here is just being stupid. False alarm.

Omigee.

I had a dream a few nights ago about Coldplay :lol: more about Chris, though. There was some gig thing I was going to, and for some random reason I thought "I wonder if Coldplay would make a surprise performance here"... out walks Chris Martin onto the stage in spectacular fashion with that usual coolface he sometimes does :lol: So anyway, he gets on the piano stool blah blah blah and dedicates the song he was playing to me! At that point I was totally :shocked2: haha... to add to it afterwards he gave me this large box. It was a Boggle box (Google it if you don't know what it is), with a clear cover and all. It had all these lettered die in it, of course, in black and white fashion, but in the top row were some blue blocks with white letters. They didn't look removable, but they were lined up to say "FIDDLESTICKS". I swear I could have leapt into the air (dreamwise of course)

Then my alarm clock woke me up at the wrong time, 5:45am. Which caused me to swear immensely at it :veryangry:

Stilll... :kiss:

^^Apple seems to love Coldplay!! :D

:lol:

I can imagine Chelsea seeing 'the' star in the store and just about exploding on the spot, and then lots of confused customers and store people stare a a young film student going into hysterics...

:D

OMG, do not get me started on Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. :o I personally like SOTD more, but Hot Fuzz did have me in tears.

Coldplay, especially Chris, is the reason I got into Simon Pegg! And why im hauling ass to the theaters to see Run, Fat Boy, Run as soon as it comes out. :P

I also like SOTD more than Hot Fuzz but both are such brilliant and hilarious films. Since the first time I saw SOTD Simon Pegg has definitely become one of my favorite actors !!

Run fat boy run came out last week in France and I sooooooo wanted to see it. I had planned on going to the cinema next week for the "printemps du cinéma" (tickets are half the original price for 3 days in all theatres in France, that is to say 3.5€ and not 8€.. i'm actually going to see 4 films on Monday and Tuesday. anyway off topic...) But my plan is all ruined because it's not out anymore :veryangry::veryangry2: the movie only stayed for a week in cinemas... I'm so freaking pissed !!!! I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD release.. or maybe download it and then buy the DVD.