✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

^i'm looking for more down-to-earthness too. i liked X&Y a hell of a lot, but not as much as the others, and i think it's in part because it was kind of not like the others, like they worked too hard at making it a stadium-rock album that would get a lot of publicity. well, i doubt they intended to make it like that (that seems so un-coldplay), but i think they tried to hard in general, like they forced it.

erm, you do know it's not called 42, though?

and i'll post the article later, once my roommate wakes up and i can ask to use her scanner because i haven't got one. i have no idea why they cropped guy out on the website; it seems quite rude :P

Yeah, a more natural sounding album would be great. I have a feeling it will be from what they've said about it. Remember Jonny saying that the beginning stages of recording were great. Unlike X&Y, which had trouble getting off the ground, so we should hear the difference this time. But I still think they'll be popular though, seeing as their label will advertise the hell out of it and make everyone with a tv or radio aware of its existence. But maybe they could pull off playing at smaller venue's again, I don't know. We'll find out soon I guess.

I want this album! :P

i don't mind them being popular; not at all. i just think the music suffered a bit in that period of their career, and i hope VLVOD will erase that. i actually love them being popular, because there are more chances to catch them places and hear things about them and come across people who like them.

as for smaller venues, i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them in a small venue, but i must say that i hope they don't exclusively do small venues because that means you have much less of a chance of seeing them. i'd rather see them in a less-initmate venue with a somewhat crappy seat then not see them at all. but if i ever get to see them in some theater or ballroom someday...i'll probably need CPR after the concert.

Guest Grace

although i've recently argued a lot with my sister i always keep her updated about the LP4.

i told her about that lyric. "those who are dead are not dead; they're just living in my head" and she immediately took it as her msn subtitle.

:laugh3:

I just realised that when an artist is outside the circle of the evil 'mainstream' their music is at it's pure best. Parachutes and AROBTTH are their best albums, is it a conincedence that they were written before Coldplay became huge and then X&Y was like their 'dud' it was written when they were at the top of the wolrd.

Hopefully, them living in exile for 3 years has put their heads straight so that we can go back to the amazing 'out-o-ze-box' music we had before

I'm in a choir and we sing this song called Butterflying and one of the lines is

"Open your your eyes" and then immeditely after it there likes this build up to the end and it goes:

You are, you are, you are, you are, you are, youuuu, are, you are you are you are youuuuu, you are awake!

I think of both Clocks and Politik everytime we rehearse it :laugh3:

Post number 1000 from me is a huge THANK YOU to Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will. Even though they may not ever read this and I may not ever get the chance to thank them in person, and I know the music isn't written specifically for me but thank you for making such amazing music and actually changing my life. Now, back to refeshing coldplay.com..........

I had a dream there was a new prospekt entry in and it had tracklisting and everything, but the only bit i remember was the p.s. it said that prospekt was jonny and not phil or eno. I remember then logging on here and having heaps of threads titled 'I can't believe it' and 'This can't be true' :laugh3:

My friend who hates Coldplay overheard these seniors talking about greatest albums of all time, and they agreed the AROBTTH was a classic. :D

But they're all rumored to be heavy partiers/potheads, so I don't know whether or not I want to be associated with that, Coldplay being my favorite band and all. :P

And today I saw this bumper sticker that said, "Beep if you Bop" and I thought of Johnny! :D

"Does it play beep bop? YESSSS." Hahaha

even though apparently they're only in it for a second, i really want to see that "slashed" movie of ash's that jonny and chris are in. there was a rumor that it was going on youtube "very soon" but we still haven't seen it yet, have we?

the one thing i would change about coldplay is their punctuality. they take quite long with things...

True, I'm getting super bored because I really have nothing to do for the next two weeks of school holidays. All my good friends arwe out of town...so I guess I'm stuck here :smug:

I've been meaning to post this for weeks but just outside the small aerodrome in my town, there is a Prospect street and I think I may be wrong but there is a slight chance it is spelt with a k (I haven't been there in a while)