✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

sooo...what news is going to be released today, guys? :dozey:

naw, i don't honestly think we'll be getting any news today, even though we've gotten big news/excitement for the past three days straight. i'm waiting for the next prospekt entry at the end of the week.

two things:

1. in the middle of the night, my X&Y poster fell off my wall AGAIN, and i woke up with it draped around me like a blanket. how fitting for coldplay week, eh? :P

2. my friend that has never really liked coldplay in the past is now falling in love with them, which makes me unbelievably happy. she wrote to me:

"when does this CD come out? new fave songs include: warning sign, swallowed by the sea, shiver, I ran away, and the scientist (but I've always loved that one)."

the fact that she has an extremely similar list of favorites to me is kind of freaking me out, but hey! perhaps we'll get a new convert!

Kind of the excitement I feel when my younger admits he likes the Coldplay song that comes on when I'm playing my mp3 player on shuffle through speakers. Must be awesome to see one of you're friends in the process of converting to a Coldplay fan, or like me an my friend (a fellow fan) like to say, seeing the light :laugh1:

As for news, I can't wait for that studio session report from RS today / tomorrow, although I can wait till next week after all that's happened. The tracklisting I'm equally excited about! If what Prospekt said was true, they finalised it yesterday. So I'm expecting the next entry on Tuesday at the lastest, realistically I think its going to be posted either tonight or tomorrow.

Random: Anyone notice that Pitchfork article about the new name that Ian posted somewhere? Must be the first article since like 2002 where they're not actually doing any obvious Coldplay bashing. Although they did say 'WTF' to the VLVOD title :laugh1:

Hypothetically, if I were to win a very large sum of money, I would like to have Coldplay play at my wedding. HA. Now wait one second. I would offer up at least 2 million for Oxfam/ Make Fair Trade in exchange for this. The guys could eat for free and enjoy the company of my family and friends. hahaha. I wonder if they'd be up for it!

I'm getting crazy thoughts, so excuse me. It is afterall the first day of spring here.

Hypothetically, if I were to win a very large sum of money, I would like to have Coldplay play at my wedding. HA. Now wait one second. I would offer up at least 2 million for Oxfam/ Make Fair Trade in exchange for this. The guys could eat for free and enjoy the company of my family and friends. hahaha. I wonder if they'd be up for it!

I'm getting crazy thoughts, so excuse me. It is afterall the first day of spring here.

OH I've thought of that too!!! I've always wanted a Coldplay song to be my first dance song, and actually having them perform it at the wedding would be...wow. I don't think I could even dance! :lol:

if my husband doesn't love coldplay then there's going to be a problem.

well, ok, maybe not LOVES, but he's GOT to appreciate them. and radiohead. and the strokes. and the beatles, the killers, death cab for cutie, oasis, U2...he just has got to have a similar musical taste or else there's bound to be issues!

i'd feel bad about neglecting my husband, but he'll have to deal!

if my husband doesn't love coldplay then there's going to be a problem.

well, ok, maybe not LOVES, but he's GOT to appreciate them. and radiohead. and the strokes. and the beatles, the killers, death cab for cutie, oasis, U2...he just has got to have a similar musical taste or else there's bound to be issues!

i'd feel bad about neglecting my husband, but he'll have to deal!

Agreed, I mean how bad would it be to find out that your spouse is a secret lover of hip hop and rap? :rolleyes:

I love all those bands, but I'll have to be damn lucky to find anyone with even remotely similar taste in music to me over here. Not to mention taste in films, books, other interests. Theres always bound to be conflicing interests. Personally I'm a lover of space and scifi for example, but in my experience (and this is in no way me being stereotypical) its more of a guy's thing. Lets be honest, we're talking dream scenarios here. It would be great though.

EDIT: Loving your new sigs, Chelsea and Marisa :D

Whatever happend to "Bucket For A Crown", "The Fall Of Man" and "Mining On The Moon". Doesn't look like they'll be on the album... maybe B-Sides?

Hahaha funny I was just thinking about that, yeah they are probably going to be Bsides, if not just random rarities.

Hahaha funny I was just thinking about that, yeah they are probably going to be Bsides, if not just random rarities.

I think Mining On The Moon was scrapped completely because Will thought it was pretentious, so thats out. And Bucket For A Crown COULD be a B-side, but we havn't heard the guys talking about it at all so, I think that might be out also. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the b-sides alot, they have a good record of making understated gems :nice:

^^^I'm thinking staying single is not all that bad also. Makes life a lot less complicated thats for sure. Hell I don't know how Chris and Gwyneth do it, its not really surprising that they give each other so much space.

Yup yup yup that's so true. Being a single is NOT a bad thing after all!

I can come and go just like i want and no one cares.

Yup yup yup that's so true. Being a single is NOT a bad thing after all!

I can come and go just like i want and no one cares.

Exactly! As a matter of fact, I'm kinda scared of marriage, because it's like 'Game Over!! Your life is done!!' Hehe which is kinda funny because generally guys are usually the ones who think that, but I think the same way!