✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bob Dylan

Reilly

hey, I got mad love for Bob Dylan! lol

But seriously, Mr. Tambourine Man is magical.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,

Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,

With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,

Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

To me, those lyrics are really epic.

great choice! my favourite Dylan lyrics come from Desolation Row, probably.

I love Bob Dylan....seriously one of the best song writers that will ever grace this planet' date=' everyone should give his music a go...all the 'popular' singer/songwriters of today, most of them you can sure they have drawn inspiration from Mr. Dylan at one point in their careers.[/quote']

well, yes he obvisouly did inspire many musicians

although,

Dylan kinda slaggeg off all the today's musicians 2 months ago in one of the interviews to Rolling Stone. he said "“I don’t know anybody who’s made a record that sounds decent in the past 20 years, really”.

harsh from him, but probably in some parts he had the point actually

the full interview must be available on the Rolling Stone site somewhere

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ so true

really like blowing in the wind especially when he played it with Santana don't know which concert it was but it was sometime in the 70s i think. the crowd were singing the chorus really loudly that it suprised bob dylan and he let them sing the rest.

Hurrican is such an awesome song its like audio mini short story love the violin in it too.

"well there ain't no use in sitting wonderin where i've been, if you don't know by now"--- i like this song also but can't remember the song title.

I gotta say' date=' Visions Of Johanna and It's All Over Now Baby Blue are the best Bob Dylan songs. In my opinion.[/quote']

mine too!!!

Visions of Johanna..... gawd. I'm in love with it. Particularly that acoustic version in the Scorsese doc, it's so sad and poignant. Absolutely love it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

BOB DYLAN BOX SET TRACKLISTING REVEALED

bobdylan231006_W.jpg

The 51 tracks of the singer's 45 year career retrospective are here:

Columbia Records have today (August 10) revealed the 51 song tracklisting that will make up Bob Dylan's long-awaited retrospective box set 'DYLAN.'

The three disc set, due out in October, spans 45 years from the great man and ends many months of speculative debate about what was to be chosen for inclusion.

It also features the new Mark Ronson remix of ''Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine).'

'DYLAN' will come in three versions, one as a single disc 18 track retrospective.

The three CD set will come in a limited edition deluxe box covered in red cloth, the discs themselves designed to look like replica vinyl in their own sleeves.

The box will also include a 40 page booklet with extended liner notes and rare photos, as well 10 limited edition postcard prints.

Also in October comes the first Dylan live at Newport Folk Festival DVD release. 'The Other Side Of The Mirror' captures Dylan playing at the event in 1963 - the DVD boasts 80 minutes of previously unreleased material.

So, anyway back to the tracklisting, with a drum roll... Here is the definitive tracklisting:

Disc One:

Song To Woody

Blowin' In The Wind

Masters Of War

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

The Times They Are A-Changin'

All I Really Want To Do

My Back Pages

It Ain't Me Babe

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Mr. Tambourine Man

Maggie's Farm

Like A Rolling Stone

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

Positively 4th Street

Rainy Day #12 & 35

Just Like A Woman

Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

All Along The Watchtower

Disc Two:

You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

Lay, Lady, Lay

If Not For You

I Shall Be Released

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

On A Night Like This

Forever Young

Tangled Up In Blue

Simple Twist Of Fate

Hurricane

Changing Of The Guards

Gotta Serve Somebody

Precious Angel

The Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar

Jokeman

Dark Eyes

Disc Three:

Blind Willie McTell

Brownsville Girl

Silvio

Ring Them Bells

Dignity

Everything Is Broken

Under The Red Sky

You're Gonna Quit Me

Blood In My Eyes

Not Dark Yet

Things Have Changed

Make You Feel My Love

High Water

Po' Boy

Someday Baby When The Deal Goes Down

does anyone else think that bob dylan is a little overrated?

dude, you want to talk overrated? you have a muse avatar.

that's like a really huge best-of, only it doesn't have any of my favorite dylan songs on it. i'm excited about the newport dvd though, hopefully there'll be lots of joan baez :blush:

watched no direction home again on abc last night. musical talent is written all over him!

something i must say. i was watching it a couple weeks ago and i told my friend 'just watching no direction home' and he goes 'is that a movie?' then i reply 'no, you know, bob dylan' and now prepare yourself, he said 'who is that?' oh my goodness, i thought he was kidding! couldn't believe my ears! usually i would've immediately started informing him on what he's been missing but i didn't know where to start lol just sat there in disbelief! :stunned: end/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xIulyVsG8]YouTube - Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhnflEQKhg]YouTube - bob dylan - like a rolling stone (newport 65') 14/16[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9PAKnlK8FY]YouTube - bob dylan - if you gotta go, go now (newport 65') 12/16[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moa7wEFCwWs]YouTube - Bob Dylan - Love Sick[/ame]