✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Oasis Thread

sarah**

Re: gingerrag, what the hell is goin on?

Oasis are better than coldplay in terms of history and i think they will never disapear. they were the soul and start of rock nroll.

How can u gclaim to like good music if u dont like oasis.

dont think ive said welcome yet

WELCOME!! :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are the best

oasis are deffinatly my favourite music for rock n roll. I LUUUUUV there first two albums and i think the masterplan is great. Howerver i think they have gone down hill slightly and a different direction to that classis deffinatly mayby. LONG LIVE OASIS

Oasis were feckin awesome!!!

I wouldn't have thought so! I'm not a big Oasis fan, but I have to admit, they are grrrrrrreat live! Liam is a jerk (no offense!), he acts like a feckin 5 year-old, but it suits him and I hated to see myself starting to like him :lol:

At one point he stack his tongue out, I don't think it was at me, but I did it at him as well, he saw me and he shook his head, but there was a little smirk on his face! It was cool!

So, way to go, guys! I had a blast last night!

:)

Were you in the wristband area? It was really cool. The thing is we got there really late, around half 7, so we were outside the fences. But then the security guy started picking people that were too short or kids that could have been jammed to death and they were taken in. My friend's quite short, she's like 5'2", so I started waving like an eejit, he saw us and we were brought in at like quarter past, just when The Bandits started to play! Good stuff! :)

Re: Oasis were feckin awesome!!!

I wouldn't have thought so! I'm not a big Oasis fan, but I have to admit, they are grrrrrrreat live! Liam is a jerk (no offense!), he acts like a feckin 5 year-old, but it suits him and I hated to see myself starting to like him :lol:

At one point he stack his tongue out, I don't think it was at me, but I did it at him as well, he saw me and he shook his head, but there was a little smirk on his face! It was cool!

So, way to go, guys! I had a blast last night!

:)

why did u see them then? oasis always are wnd always will be fekin awsome. its the thing they do well!

Well ladies i'm glad you had a great time as you know i was at the first gig and they where amazing unlike you however i was impressed by The Bandits and the other support act The Stands where awesome!

I managed to get into the pit because like a sad bastard got to the venue at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I did however nip into Rhythem Records to buy some Oasis goodies. I hope for your sake the people in the line outside didn't have an Oasis sing - a - long it was so embarrassing!

I really love OASIS! I've seen them live in switzerland (that's where I live) in november last year. and unfortunately the concert wasn't very good. I think nobody enjoyed them! and that was real a pity! :cry:

but I've bought recently "familiar to millions" (the blue one) and I really like it. and so I think: OASIS are great live, too! and I have to visit a concert of them in england. I think the atmosphere there is better.

Well ladies i'm glad you had a great time as you know i was at the first gig and they where amazing unlike you however i was impressed by The Bandits and the other support act The Stands where awesome!

I managed to get into the pit because like a sad bastard got to the venue at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I did however nip into Rhythem Records to buy some Oasis goodies. I hope for your sake the people in the line outside didn't have an Oasis sing - a - long it was so embarrassing!

I loved The Bandits!! :D

well, why wasn't this concert enjoyable?... I think the people didn't like it. and everybody was waiting for "wonderwall". but they didn't play it. :sad:

I think the people were bored. and liam didn't talk a word. he only sang his songs (but very good :) ) but after the concert nobody said a good word about the gig. and the reviews in the newspapers weren't good, either.

BUT I LIKED IT!! but it's hard to be in a good mood, when everybody around you is in a bad mood - and this at a concert.

it's not easy to fill swiss people with enthusiasm! :shrug:

it's not easy to fill swiss people with enthusiasm! :shrug:

but that is in general or they just weren't enthusiastic at this particular gig?

I saw them live when they came here to Buenos Aires in 1998 and in the 2001. I love them, really. I liked very much how they played with the new formation, even though it was a 1:10 gig or so (it was in a festival, they kinda opened for Neil Young). I remembered seeing Noel very moved when we, I mean the crowd, started singing along his name after Don't look back in anger.... he gave us a warm 'gracias' (thank you), which actually sound like a 'greacia'... and he had a very sweet expression on his face. which considering Noel's eternal 'bad mood' face, is something....

We sudacas have fame for being a very good audience, artists often say so. Anyway, I'm sure they say it everywhere they play, but the Peppers actually proved they mean it last year by coming in a very difficult time for us, so I start to believe we, on the contrary, are very enthusiastic people...

• 2 months later...

Oasis Farewell Gig!

OASIS are to fulfil their dream of being the last band to perform at Manchester City’s Maine Road ground when they play a charity gig on Friday.

Blues fans NOEL and LIAM GALLAGHER will play for just 5,000 at the stadium before it is bulldozed in the summer.

The brothers have waived their usual £200,000 fee to raise cash for the Beating Bowel Cancer fund.

They will perform many of their hits to an audience of cancer sufferers and sponsors during the one-hour set.

An organiser told me: “Oasis were very keen to play at Maine Road before it is knocked down.”

The club moves to the City Of Manchester stadium which was used for last year’s Commonwealth Games.

Tickets for the gig will not go on sale.

The Sun