• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• squareonefivesix

• newpalaceplayer

• LibbyMew

wow Nadia, you've really done your homework, kept up to date and all, unlike me and my neglecting ways lol anyway i still need to hear ttotl live. i have been thinking about it quite obsessively lol indeed i need help with my little mew fascination, came close to calling it an addiction lol, but it's something i must hear! :stunned:

hope to greet this forum more often than my previous attempts lol catch you wonderful frengers soon :D

after a long hiatus come back and bam! downloads, cheers :)!

i've finally burnt Fengers album that i downloaded from this thread and i really like it but still my fav has to be mew and the glass handed kites. With Fengers i find myself listening to the first 4 songs then repeating them, just need time i think to get cosy with this album.

Hi!

I've been searching for some Mew b-sides for ages, and today I finally found this thread featuring Gareth's post containing all the singles.

But the links are dead now... :cry:

So, could someone please upload the singles again? A plenty of brazilian fans and I would be extremely happy!

\o/

Thanks! XD

Two blogs and a video. :) *glee*

September 11, 2007 - Tuesday

New Film Diary Episode!

Current mood: happy.gif happy

A while back I promised a new episode of the film diary. That was quite a long time ago.

So... we've kept you waiting. "No worries", you might scream out, from the goodness of your hearts.

But we do it on purpose, to build the suspense. And to make ourselves seem more important.

This is the longest episode yet, and let me just say without giving away too much, that this one has

time lapsed clouds in it. I am a big fan of time lapsed clouds, they are so exciting!

If you want to see it the way it was intended and you have a swift internet connection I suggest you

click the link beneath the frame thingy and get the full quality version, it's well worth it because of the

crispness and detail.

Also, my thumb came all numb from accidentally spraying canned ozone on it.

Arriverderci frengeritas!

- Jonas

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FAwwjzZ76eU

September 12, 2007 - Wednesday

iTunes Session

Hi there frengers.

We recorded a session for iTunes at their San Francisco studio which has been made available now, go get it HERE!

Hope you all are well

^ I already bought it - included in the set is a great recording of the Saliva, Mica & Panda medley! :love:

---------------------------------

Hi!

I've been searching for some Mew b-sides for ages, and today I finally found this thread featuring Gareth's post containing all the singles.

But the links are dead now... :cry:

So, could someone please upload the singles again? A plenty of brazilian fans and I would be extremely happy!

\o/

Thanks! XD

Hi and welcome to Coldplaying! Unfortunately we can't share media links in the "World of Music" section of the board anymore, but you can put in a request in the "Multimedia" forum (under Non-Coldplay Multimedia), or PM me with which songs you'd like, and I can upload a few for you. :)

thanks for all that Nadia! fully loving that you keep up to date with everything, well compared to myself lol total neglect for the past couple months I tells ya! for shame I know...

their latest video diary entry is interesting to say the least. jonas, what he wrote, simply makes me laugh lol

btw, I think I'll go see SP on Wednesday, I'll drag my little sis along. It's late notice and all but I only knew they were playing in Brissy yesterday. But anyway, back to Mew :)

is that live recording of the salica, mica and panda medley different from the other one floating around? (either way I put that it still comes out dodgy)!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nadia and thanks for the greeting. :)

OK, I'll send you a PM containing a list of all songs that I don't have yet,, Nevertheless, i'd like to know if these were re-recorded or are the same versions as the album ones?

"Pink Monster" from the King Christian Single.

"Watch this Space" from the She Came Home For Christmas Single.

"Snowflake" and "Beautiful Balloon" from the Am I Wry? No Single.

And "Pink Monster" and "Then I Run" from the Comforting Sounds Single.

see you...

• 2 weeks later...

^ lucky!

hehe that video was awesome! and hilarious! cheers Nadia

love those guys they're so creative.......always thought jonas made his own food (kidding)

welcome roverandom : )

hey Starskay did you end up seeing SP (snow patrol right?) ? i wanted to see them but i didn't get around to : (

• 4 weeks later...

I S F F

New Mew blog, from "Mac" (aka Bo, I'm fairly certain :P)

Monday, November 12, 2007

I S F F

Hello.

Excuse us for being away from journal world so long, we have been writing with our instruments instead, setting the new stuff in stone, caring it into great, the tallest oak trees, nordic myth making, ghost shaking. Its moving us to move u. We generously will not play any of it for now, we will not even tell u about it, this is how kind we are. we are tugging them inside our warm winter coats, little fast growing baby giraffes, swimmers and climbers.

I got an email from Johan the other day, he is in LA mixing his new record with The Storm. They spent 4 months or something in Arizona first recording it and im sensing a little homesickness. Ive been missing LA lately actually, hug me LA.

Anyhoodelydoo, its election day tomorrow in Denmark, get out there and vote for a new government, we need it.

Indie Stadium Funk forever

Mac

How they tease us so! They have new material, but we must be patient little frengers and wait and wait...

Btw, I second Einar's recommendation - Efterklang are awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

can ' t wait for the new material ,,

I want them to release it at the end of years ,, but i think it imposible ,.

just wanna ask ,, have they tell you when the next album will coming out ?

i thought i read somewhere .. It said that the album would release next februari ,, but , i'm not sure ,, maybe that's just my imagination ,, hhaha ,,

New Film Diary Episode!

It's that time again.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New Film Diary Episode!

Hey there frengers,

Episode 5 of our ongoing film diary is now online for your viewing pleasure!

As usual, I urge you to download the full resolution version if you have a swift internet connection with a band that is broad.

You know, when we meet up in our studio I am usually the one that is late.

This is partly because I have a hard time getting up early. Now when I say early, I mean around 9 am. That may not seem early to you, but to me that's early.

So to be sensible, I should really be hitting the sack now, you know, the hay. Time for some rapid eye movement and hopefully some interesting dreams.

Hope you all sleep well dear frengers

Goodnight

- Jonas

Episode 5

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmLwAGtJ8NAClick to download: Episode 5

My favorite diary episode so far. :)

Hi dina, I haven't heard a specific release date yet, but it shouldn't be toooo long. From what I gather, it seems they are getting ready to finish up, but I'm not going to hold my breath. :tongue:

How are all my frenger friends doing? Where are you guys? This thread is lonely.

Hha ,,

Now, i'm sure that just my imagination ,, hope the next album will be great . :)

I love episode 5 too ,, 'the coffee' ,, hhe ..

Everybody say that Jonas should make his own music video ,,

and i absolutely agree ,, he's so talented .

Btw , who's Lord of Destruction ? I read that on their myspace .

• 7 months later...

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

How are all my frenger friends doing? Where are you guys? This thread is lonely.

Nadia! I was here peacefully lighting the world on fire and seriously started reminising about Mew. Anyway, one thing led to one link which opened up to a series of links and anyway, they boys are entering their 5th month of recording and apparently there are 15 wonderful tracks on their new album :stunned: It should be released within the coming months (most likely 2008). Also, their site is temporarily out, and this can't go on for much longer assuming this didn't happen yesterday and due to my very neglecting behavior, could've gone unnoticed lol.

othtx9.jpg

Also, another video diary (episode 6)and many more new blogs - (check their myspace)

This shall remain a lonely thread as you said dear frengerlinadia, but till the new album, it shall be waiting in the midst of great music preparing to rise...(ok, enough of Jonas-like talk lol).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I'm sort of new to Mew (they're one of the greatest bands I've ever heard btw), so I sort of have a question... Does anyone know who the live keyboard player who tours with Mew (the guy with the curly hair) is?

Dr. Nick Watts, from a band called Headswim joins them live on keyboards - there's also Bastian Juel that joins them on bass

Has anyone seen the new video diary, and the new design on their website? I love it.

No, kinda been a bit busy with the Apparatjik stuff :lol: Must check them out tomorrow...! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New blog on their myspace page...hinting at an album title...I wish they'd just give it to us already..oh and a release date..please..?

Thursday, April 16, 2009

No Title

once upon a time there was a band called mew. they made a record every third year. the records they made were made by them and they made the records and the songs for the release of the albums that they had once made. once upon a time mew made a record. the record was called:

No more stories

Are told today

I'm sorry

They washed away

No more stories

The world is grey

I'm tired

Let's wash away