✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying not to laugh and the tears are welling up in my eyes. These are hilarious! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

I forgot how this even started, but my little sis started calling Guy "Luigi" (from the Mario Bros.). I think it was because of that pizza comment on the DVD :laugh4: . She also calls Jonny "The O Man."

Hahaha! Lots of funny shiz here. :laugh3:

I don't really get any funny comments from my friends or family--whatever they say is usually rather insulting. :(

"Dude, Coldplay are a bunch of fags."

"That guy doesn't know what to do with his hands when he's performing--he looks retarded."

"They only have like, one good song."

"Are Coldplay and House like... your life?" :laugh3:

I had the equal sign on my hand one day and my classmate was kinda confused:

"What's that thing on your hand? Doesn't the lead guy of that one band you like have that tattooed on his hand... doesn't it mean like... Coldplay?"

"What's that thing on your hand? Doesn't the lead guy of that one band you like have that tattooed on his hand... doesn't it mean like... Coldplay?"

LOL. Doesn't it mean like... coldplay? god i wouldn't know how to react if one my friends asked me that

:laugh3: :laugh3:

Not funny, but we were watching Late with Jools Holland, or something like that, and they had a bunch of bands play, and my uncle said, 'Their music is like Coldplay. BORING.'

I told that story before a llooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

hmmm... well, everytime Gwenyth is at an awards show like the Golden Globes, I always have this exact conversation with my dad...

"Where's that guy you like?"

"What guy?"

"You know, the one with the high voice and the puffy hair that doesn't shave. Isn't he married to her?"

"...Chris Martin?"

"Yeah, why isn't he with her?"

"He never goes with her."

"Well he should. He's a wimp. He should be out there just following her.

"They keep work seperate, they never go with eachother."

"What? That wimp."

That's when I turn back to the television and ignore him...

.... *cough*

hehehee that sounds like my dad.

My dad went to into the supermarket and I stayed in the car and i was just looking at the people.. then my dad came back.

Me: Oh my gosh dad, i so just saw a couple who looked like Chris Martin And Gwyneth Paltrow!

Dad: *rolls eyes*

Me: Seriously! The guy was wearing all black (could only see bits of him) and the lady was blonde and everything!

Dad: *starts snoring*

psh, could've been more supporting.

Hahaha thats like one time when my sister came home from the super market and told me she saw a couple who looked like them and the guy kinda dressed really cool and looked like he wasnt from around here and stuff and the the girl had long flowing bonde hair...she was just trying to make me jealous.

Oh and whenever my brother sees me listening to them he always imitates chris' dance, except he looks like an idiot when he does it and chris doesnt. :smug:

LOL! :laugh4:

Once I was at my uncle's office and I was listening to Coldplay and he walks by and tells me "You're not cool enough for Coldplay" LOL! he's like a 47 year old guy with a mustache and a resemblance to Sadam Hussein :laugh4: and I'M not cool enough for Coldplay!! :lol: well at least he likes them!

also my mom always complains about how loud Politik is and the other day I heard her singing "open up your eyeeeeesss" :dozey:

my mom is the one that got me into coldplay, so she just says stuff to make fun of me. basically commenting on chris's beardy and his love for jonny. my brother thinks theyre stupid.

my dad got AROBTTH for xmas from my aunt the year it came out. i only knew "clocks" way back then, and the album because my mom had it. to my knowlegde, my dad never listened to it, and i stole the copy last year so my mom could have hers too.

the night before i was going to see coldplay the second time, i was walking past my dad's office and "clocks" was playing on the radio, and i stayed by the door so i could listen to it. my dad saw me and said "the only reason youre here is to listen to this song". i denied it (lying, of course), and he laughed and said "no, that's ok, this is a lovely song," and TURNED UP THE RADIO.

if you knew my dad, you'd realize how surprising this is.

lol

So funny, all of the above.

My father doesn't even know coldplay, but I was with him on his van, and coldplay was on. moments after the music ended he started whistling, and said "Now I have this music on my head"-.-

Then, my brother, everytime I play Trouble on my piano, he starts singing too, only, extremely out of tone. Everytime I listen to Coldplay he starts singing just to annoy me. Also, a friend of my saw the Speed of Sound videoclip and asked "Is that guy drunk or high? he looks like an idiot!"... Look who's talking...

So around here, Coldplay is known in the good way, and in the bad way. Bad Way=Insulting

Also' date=' a friend of my saw the Speed of Sound videoclip and asked "Is that guy drunk or high? he looks like an idiot!"... [/quote']

LOL! hehehe, thats quite funny. but chris doesn't look tooo high or drunk in the video... just waving his arms around and such

not funny but lots of people have told me that the only reason they don't like coldplay is because of chris' voice :dozey:...one of my friends also said to me once: i would like them more if you didn't like them that much!!

my mom says coldplay are everywhere because i keep listening to them!

I don't know how you can't be cool enough for coldplay. I always thought myself to be rather nerdy for liking coldplay.

shows what I know, right?

i thought that too....but since X&Y was released i think somehow it became cool to like them here :confused:

was talking about music with my brother just now, and i asked "do you liike coldplay?" just to see his reaction (i knew the answer). he choked on his chicken and said "NOOO" and i said "why not?" and he said "THEY'RE GAY!" (im gonna kill him, dont worry). i asked "what dont you like about them?" and he said "theyre stupid...bad...YUCK!!" it was actually funny, despite disrespectful.

i swear im not related to him.