✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

many many occasions, my family is sooo clueless:

(me) hey mum, guess what!

(mum)coldplay.

:angry::inquisitive::rolleyes::laugh3:

once my brother was singing along with VLV as i begged him to stop-he is TERRIBLE!-but stopped and said,"did he just say i know my penis wont be tamed?!"(innapropiate i know)

a mate of mine's boyfriend plays baseball so we went to his highschool for a game together and i personally dont like baseball so i just listened to coldplay and doodled but i didnt notice that the kid turned the camera on me and one of the senior sportsreporters at his school announced"we have a hotplayer...who is singing to that one song where the gay lead guy talks about dead people" :shocked2::angry:i merely showed off the finger betwwen my index and ring finger:) but it was embarassing!i dont like attention:sneaky:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad saw some of Coldplay's Live 2003 DVD and he said, "I feel bad for that poor guy. He must have been picked on in his life... he's really goofy looking isn't he?" About Chris, I mean. I decided not to fill him in on how many of us think Chris is sexy :D

:lol: My dad did the exact same thing when I was watching the Live 2003 DVD last week. He kept going on about how weird/old looking and how ugly Chris was, and how he was going bald. :bomb: :P

:lol: My dad did the exact same thing when I was watching the Live 2003 DVD last week. He kept going on about how weird/old looking and how ugly Chris was, and how he was going bald. :bomb: :P

wow. even I know Chris is sexy...and I'm at least somewhat straight:rolleyes:

ha. not funny but..

my dad always tells me everytime i fail a test that if i liked math as much as i like cristiano martinelli (that's how he calls chris:tongue:) that we wouldn't have a problem anymore.

that's funny. my mom says if I spent half as much time studying as I spent listening to Coldplay then I wouldn't be failing Latin:rolleyes:

Hah, I just read this whole thread.. hilarious.

My sister is always saying how Chris looks like an idiot.

How he holds his microphone like a wine glass.

How they stole Viva La Vida.

How when he performs he looks like a fool. And that the other 3 looks so chill, but he prances around like he's gay.

Then she saw the Lost! video on TV and had a field day.

But deep inside she knows they're good, she burned VLV and Violet Hill to one of her CDs. And once she was singing along to Yellow on the radio quite badly.

My sister is always saying how Chris looks like an idiot.

How he holds his microphone like a wine glass.

How they stole Viva La Vida.

How when he performs he looks like a fool. And that the other 3 looks so chill, but he prances around like he's gay.

Then she saw the Lost! video on TV and had a field day.

But deep inside she knows they're good, she burned VLV and Violet Hill to one of her CDs. And once she was singing along to Yellow on the radio quite badly.

Everyone likes Coldplay deep down, most are just too afraid to admit it.;)

Radiohead fans are split like this: 90% who just listen but don't really get it, and 10% who completely understand Radiohead. (Thom Yorke said that)

Coldplay fans are split like this: 2% are full willing fans like us, 98% (pretty much the rest of the world) are just too shy or self-righteous to admit they secretly listen to Yellow and Fix You.:lol:

My friends say Chris has no balls and sings like a girl. :dozey:

When I was listening to Clocks my dad starts laughing because he was imagining Chris sitting there writing "yoooou aaaare" 50 million times...:laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3:

Me too!

My mom keeps mixing up Chris Martin and Ricky Martin...

We were driving in my car together some months ago and I chose the "Acoustics" folder to play on the car radio.

She said "That again!" and I asked her if she wants to listen to the radio instead and she replied "Well, I have to listen to it all the time...[silence] but that one's good"

(It was the acoustic version of In My Place)

She can't remember their name either!

Always says "Co... Co... Co..." :laugh3:

I'll be visiting my best friend next weekend and told her "You have to tape 'Wetten, dass...' for me next weekend!!" and she immediately knew that it was because of Coldplay :)

(she's learning!!)

Lol, with Radiohead I might just be in that 90%. Cause I'm not like a loyal devote fan, but I think the music is pretty great for the most part.

But yeah. Rocking the Coldplay nation. I dunno why everyone has to deny them.I don't understand the hate or embarrasment.

I don't know how it's so cool to listen to these dime a dozen indie bands, but Coldplay is uncool.

And teh CP hate doesn't add up. They sell the most records all year, yet the apparent hate is like woah. Some of these haters are buying the CDs. Probably rocking out alone in their bedrooms. Making sure the volumes not too high or someone might hear them. :P

Yeah a few weeks ago, I wanted the Live 2003 DVD.

So I asked him to take me to the store.

And he was like what do you want? And I was like a concert DVD.

And he was like of who? And I was like Coldplay.

Then he just looked at me and said, "You're weird."

But he took me so it's okay. :p

My four year old is called Will, so he is fixated on Will Champion and wants to be a drummer :D

He says, "That's Baldy Will, who's that..?"

Me: "Chris, he's the singer"

Will: "Who's that..?"

Me: "That's Jonny"

Will: "Who's the other guy..?"

Me: "Guy"

:D

Isn't this the cutest story so far? :blush:

my dad always tells me everytime i fail a test that if i liked math as much as i like cristiano martinelli(that's how he calls chris:tongue:) that we wouldn't have a problem anymore.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

More funny than calling Guy "Guiano Berrimano"

But yeah. Rocking the Coldplay nation. I dunno why everyone has to deny them.I don't understand the hate or embarrasment.

I don't know how it's so cool to listen to these dime a dozen indie bands, but Coldplay is uncool.

And teh CP hate doesn't add up. They sell the most records all year, yet the apparent hate is like woah. Some of these haters are buying the CDs. Probably rocking out alone in their bedrooms. Making sure the volumes not too high or someone might hear them. :P

I KNOW! What upsets me the most is that the majority of people who aren't fans listen to music that is nowhere as good as Coldplay

Another pet peeve: people who say they like Coldplay, but the only song they know is Viva La Vida, and maybe also Yellow, The Scientist or Speed of Sound.

About an hour ago I showed my brother the tickets to Viva La Vida, he must have only read "Viva La Vida" instead of "Viva La Vida Tour". Anyways about five minutes ago he walks up to me and this is conversation (he was totally serious totally oblivious to the fact I was seeing a full concert):

Brother: "So what why are you going to see Coldplay for only three and a half minutes?"

Me: "What do you mean three and a half minutes?"

Brother: "Well the ticket said Viva La Vida, and that songs only so long."

Me: "Oh you are a wally, look here" *goes to Wikicoldplay.com and shows him a setlist*

Another pet peeve: people who say they like Coldplay, but the only song they know is Viva La Vida, and maybe also Yellow, The Scientist or Speed of Sound.

When viva la vida had just started being played on the radio a girl in orchestra with me was singing it during class so I was like "oh do you like coldplay?" and she responded by saying "yeah they are this great NEW band I found! Their first cd is coming out soon and already they are getting radio play! They are definetly the best new band I've heard in a while!" All this time I sort of just stared at her like have you been living in a hole for their other 3 releases? And then enlightened her but she wasn't interested in actually hearing anymore of their music she just liked the single on the radio... :confused:

On a better note my 10 year old sister relates any mention of drums with Will, laughs and makes fun of Chris everytime she sees an apple and tries to copy his dancing, likes to stare at pictures of Guy on my wall, and ever since she saw "Jonnyfest" on the screen while I was on here she goes around the house screaming that anytime I listen to Coldplay. Everyone elsein my family either ignores them or laughs at me for liking good music.

Not funny,huh?Well I can tell you the funny thing about Coldplay I saw,but not heard.I bought "Parachutes" cd in China,and there was written band's name.Guess,what it was?It was "Coloplay" instead of "Coldplay".Stupid ppl!!!And It was official cd!!!

Not funny,huh?Well I can tell you the funny thing about Coldplay I saw,but not heard.I bought "Parachutes" cd in China,and there was written band's name.Guess,what it was?It was "Coloplay" instead of "Coldplay".Stupid ppl!!!And It was official cd!!!

Heh, obviusly wasn't official then...