✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your instruments

Square 4

That's nothing. The local guitar shop by me had a 1965 Fender P-Bass in a Red Sparkle finish (supposedly it's a rare trade show bass that was never mass produced.) When I was in the other day, some guy was buying it for $25,000!

Vintage guitars are expensive, even Vintage Thinlines like Jonny plays cost upward of $5000

I would love a '54 Strat, sadly they cost a fortune:cry:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would love a '54 Strat"

Who wouldn't!:laugh3:

Though if I had my choice of any guitar, it would be a '68 SG...

(or a Rickenbacker 360F, but there are supossedly only a few hundred of them left in the world.)

Rickenbackers in general are hard to come by. I want a 620, but the only way to find those seem to be ebay. I asked my dealer and he said they get a shipment about once every two years and even then they get what they are given, no special orders, no requests.

Unlike other major Guitar brands (namely Gibson and Fender), All Rickenbacker Guitars are still essentially made by hand with very little automation. As a logical extension of this, most of Rickenbacker's resources go into 360's and 330's (which are what most people want in a Ric). Less popular models, unfourtunately suffer the brunt of this slow but high quality production method. (Incidently, the wait list for a Ric Acoustic is approx 5-8 years...)

The one I want:

IMG_5801.jpg

they look so nice, and i can imagine how amazing they'd sound too... i still want a fender though.

i've just got a cheap crappy guitar that i doubt would have any pictures on the internet, but i really want a fender precision bass... more specifically, their limited edition paisley one.

...but when i'm a millionaire with a room devoted to guitars and basses, i'm going to get one of those gorgeous rickenbackers.

"I would love a '54 Strat"

Who wouldn't!:laugh3:

Though if I had my choice of any guitar, it would be a '68 SG...

(or a Rickenbacker 360F, but there are supossedly only a few hundred of them left in the world.)

I think if I ever got a '54 though I wouldn't ever take it anywhere for fear of something happening to it:laugh3:

'68 SG would be a cool instrument to own for sure :)

"I think if I ever got a '54 though I wouldn't ever take it anywhere for fear of something happening to it"

I know a few people who saved up for their dream instrument (in one case literally for several years) only to be to affraid to gig with it, or even play it at home. IMHO, if you're not going to play it, you're wasting your money...

Unlike other major Guitar brands (namely Gibson and Fender), All Rickenbacker Guitars are still essentially made by hand with very little automation. As a logical extension of this, most of Rickenbacker's resources go into 360's and 330's (which are what most people want in a Ric). Less popular models, unfourtunately suffer the brunt of this slow but high quality production method. (Incidently, the wait list for a Ric Acoustic is approx 5-8 years...)

The one I want:

IMG_5801.jpg

That's one beautiful guitar man...

"I think if I ever got a '54 though I wouldn't ever take it anywhere for fear of something happening to it"

I know a few people who saved up for their dream instrument (in one case literally for several years) only to be to affraid to gig with it, or even play it at home. IMHO, if you're not going to play it, you're wasting your money...

I would play it and gig with it but I would just feel uneasy sometimes, I wouldn't be able to resist playing it though vintage ones have such amazing tones:D

The one I want:

IMG_5801.jpg

which model is that? its incredible! :o

Hey guys. I have a few good guitars now, but a fairly poor amp.

Im looking to buy a new one here. I was wondering what type Jonny uses and what would be the economic choice for a guy starting out his stage show just now?

Jonny uses two Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212's. They're good, but also VERY loud.

You should try some of the Fender tube amps, or maybe a Vox, and see(hear) what you like.

I just picked up a Fender Frontman 212 DSP. Good price and a good sound. I can get it to go pretty loud. It rocks with distortion. Im gonna play around for awhile.

Onboard effects aren't to great, but i like pedals better anyways. I like Vox's but Fender just seemed better sound for a better price. Its a good amp that'll last me for awhile till i look to get a stack.

I'm not crazy about reissue Vox Amps. They seem to have captured most of the negative issues of the originals while altering the sound just enough to destroy the "vintage tone" most people are going for when they use one.