✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Jonny

amsterdam

They are beautiful aren't they? :heart:

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"default","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You know, I could see something like this happening to us/C&J at some point. :laugh3::laugh3:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/thor-loki-poster-china_n_4228126.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

OMG hahahahahaha for the next live dvd!!! It could so happen :laugh3:

Although, in our case, original pics are mostly better than the photoshopped ones, so there's no need of them!!! :D

I'd say this tweet belongs here, doesn't it?

BaLq8sPIMAA3Dak.jpg

"Jonny playing something awesome... CM "

:wacky::wacky::wacky:

OMG hahahahahaha for the next live dvd!!! It could so happen :laugh3:

Although, in our case, original pics are mostly better than the photoshopped ones, so there's no need of them!!! :D

I'd say this tweet belongs here, doesn't it?

BaLq8sPIMAA3Dak.jpg

"Jonny playing something awesome... CM "

:wacky::wacky::wacky:

Haha. I was just on my way to post it here, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

As a late christmas present, here's some chris and jonny quotes :wacko:

Interviewer: Fantastic. You know, what if she (Rihanna) had said no?

Chris: Well, then we would've been screwed.

Jonny: Yeah.

Interviewer: Was there a backup?

Jonny: I- I would've had to-

Jonny: Me.

Chris: Jonny was g- Jonny was gonna try it!

Chris: *high pitched voice*: ''Once upon a time...!''

Interviewer: Jonny, sexy. Not as sexy, let's be honest.

Chris: Well, it depends on your politics, but-

“We’re not humble at all. Often Jonny will call me and say, “I’m brilliant, aren’t I, Chris?” And I’ll say, “Yes, Jonny, you are and I am, too, and I love you very much.”

— Chris Martin in an interview in response to someone’s question about their humbleness, May 9, 2005

“We were living in the same building at college in London. I’m not a very big sleeper. So I’d always be awake through the night anyway, working or writing stuff. Jonny was sitting at 3:00 in the morning playing some piece on guitar in a room nearby. And I was like, ‘I didn’t know you played guitar.’ And he was like, ‘Well, I don’t really tell anybody.’ And something in my brain was like, ‘OK, let’s meet tomorrow.’ And we did. And then we spent every day together since.”

— Chris on how he and Jonny met (Rolling Stone, 2008)

“Buckland was in his dorm room with the door open, and Martin, “like a whirlwind, ran past his long hair and said something like, ‘So you play the guitar!’ and ran off” One day soon after, they decided to play together; and Buckland, at first poking fun at his younger self, says, “I remember telling our friend from school, ‘I met an amazing singer—we’re going to form a band, and it’s gonna be great!’ After, like, the first time. Before we got on as people, we got on playing music. It was like a first date, speaking through guitars. Like you have an inbuilt feeling for when someone else is going to do. Empathy toward them.’”

— Jonny Buckland on meeting Chris Martin at University

"When it comes to girls, I behave like an idiot...I'm very good at maintaining my relationship with Jonny, though. If we had sex, though, it would ruin everything." -Chris

Interviewer: "What makes Jonny Buckland such an amazing bandmate?"

Chris: "Bedmate?"

"And I think, Is it chance? How did I have the luck to be born here and meet Jonny and get signed and get success? I reckon there must be something higher. It feels like it was given to me and that's why I get scared I'll die before we make the most of it."

Chris - Me and Jonny certainly love each other.

Jonny - Yeah, we're very happy together.

Chris - We're very happy together.

Chris: "We were in the same hallway at campus, guitarist Jonny and I. We'd come to London to be great students. It hit me one of the first nights we were sitting there, 'Oh my god, this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I finally found him.' I thought. I'm talking about music now. There's nothing sexual about it, this. But you knew that..."

“Speed of Sound is about the miracles that surround us everyday that we take for granted. For example, Jonny Buckland.” ~ Chris Martin ~

“I just sort of noticed this guy, Jonny, and he was brilliant and I said to him one day ‘you know, why don’t we try writing a song together?’ And we did, and it was really… it was like the best I’ve ever been involved with.”

— Chris Martin on how the band started

I used to sing about people and a lot of those people were boys. It’s just that, a love song addressed to your guitar player…

It’s easier in interviews to say: ”Oh yeah, it’s about a girl.” You know what I mean?

— Chris Martin about Green Eyes

Chris: If Jonny said he wouldn’t talk to me unless I stabbed myself with a penknife… I would do it.

Interviewer: But only if it was Jonny you would do that, right?

Chris: Yeah.

Interviewer: This whole thing started, really, with you two guys, right? I mean, this band.

Chris: Yes. I think once we got past the immediate sexual attraction…

Jonny: Yes.

Jonny: It was like… we had musical sex first, then we kinda got to know each other afterwards.

Chris: We did, we did, and we’re still together. Still having musical sex every day.

Jonny: When we met, it just seemed perfectly right.

Chris: Like falling in love.

Tousle-haired Toploader guitarist Julian Deane cajoles Coldplay's Jonny Buckland: "You coming along then?" "No thanks" says Buckland "I've got to go beat Chris at scrabble" "Oh well" comes the riposte. "I've got to get a wank of a whore". The Coldplay guitarist looks palely perplexed before excusing himself and leaving in the direction of some cunning triple word scores.

Interviewer: If you had to marry one member of Coldp-

Chris: *interrupting* Jonny! All my close friends say I'm in love with him...

Jonny - We just didn't want to repeat ourselves at all.

Chris - We just didn't want to repeat ourselves at all.

Jonny - At all.

Chris - At all.

'If I was ever lost at sea, I'd want to be with Jonny because he has a big brain.'-CM

Interviewer: What are your fears?

Jonny: Heights.

Crowd: Aww.

Chris: Aww Jonny they’re all saying aww!

Jonny: That's lovely thanks.

Chris: I fear young Canadian girls and Jonny telling me I'm an idiot.

Interviewer: Do you really sign your name... I mean, are you really registered under Chris Martin?

Chris: Well, I actually registered under a name "Elton, John."

Interviewer: And Jonny Buckland, are you actually registered under...?

Jonny: Uh yeah...

Interviewer: Jonny Martin?

Jonny: Yeah, Jonny Martin... Husband and wife.

Jonny is hugely talented and he has a good soul. He makes me happy. When I’m feeling down he lifts me up like no other. And he’s so humorous. Both qualities have saved us already, especially when touring.

He’s a saving grace.

—Chris about Jonny, X&Y Era Interview

In a car in our underpants together - Chris & Jonny Absolute Radio Interview

Chris: We see each other in underpants everyday

Jonny: We basically live together-

Chris: Yeah. (…) Chris: You know, most nights Jonny and I are in a car in our underpants together. *laughs quietly*

(…)

No, 'cause we, often now when we finish a concert, we drive straight off 'cause we have to fly to the next place. So we get changed in the car which is such a weird thing, to go from like a big arena with all those people to... Suddenly like…

Chris:Sweating and-

Jonny:Slipping off the leather seats-

Chris:Pants and…

Jonny:And trying not to-

Chris:And trying not to crash.

Chris:So we see each other quite close quarters. Yeah.

Interviewer: 'Which member of the coldplay looks best naked?'

Chris: 'Jonny is very reserved, but I think at the moment he's the one

Interviewer: 'What's up you two? Are you in love?'

Chris and Jon: 'We are' (Chris leans over and kisses Jon on the check

Chris (to Jon as he is having his photo taken): '...and the lovely boy here is ignoring me is Jonny. Jonny, tell the camara what a lovely boy you are, show the that face...'

Chris (on his first meeting with Jonny): "It was musical love at first sight."

Jon: "We don't buy each other Christmas presents. We buy each other birthday presents..."

Chris: "Do we? I remember getting 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants' off you for my birthday. Thanks a lot."

Jon: "One year you bought me James Brown..."

Chris: "What, the actual man?"

Chris: "Then I woke up and looked in the mirror and thought 'Fucking hell, a popstar!'"

Jon: "WHAT?! Was Kylie next to you?"

Chris: "...and there was stuff going on with Jonny and me, personal stuff."

[Jon giggles]

Jon: "When we met it just seemed perfectly right."

Chris: "Like falling in love."

Interviewer: "So, will you be playing at the wedding...?"

Chris (genuinely confused): "What wedding?"

Interviwer: "Is there going to be a wedding this year, maybe?"

Chris: "What wedding? [suddenly realising] Oh... oooh.... oh... erm..."

Jon: "No I'm definitely not getting married."

Interviewer (to Chris and Jon): "Do you two still live together?"

Chris and Jon: "NO!!"

Chris: "That was a mistake wasn't it?"

Jon: "We definitely get on better apart."

Chris: "Yeah, just because you can share a stage, it doesn't mean you can share a bed."

Chris: "Even Jonny, who's such a shy boy, has started swinging his hips."

Chris: "You're counting 'oh yeah' as a 'yeah'? No no no, in the throwaway singer lyric book, 'oh yeah' is different to a 'yeah'."

Jonny: "An 'oh yeah' is worth half the value of a 'yeah'."

[On the roles of the members of the band]

Chris: I would imagine your role in the band as being (referring to Jonny)... if you were to imagine looking out onto a beach and you see one idiot on a jet-ski, that's me... the one doing all those somersaults and nonsense on a jet-ski... I hate jet-skis. Then in the very distance you see this massive oil tanker and that's jonny, that's jonny, solid.

Jon: The salt of the world.

Chris: Okay, in the very distance you see this massive rice tanker.

Lesily: What about Will and Guy?

Chris: Guy's a little yacht just behind the jet-ski, and Will's an oil rig so far out you can't possibly see it... but you know he's there. That's a terrible analogy.

Jon: I thought Guy's was quite good.

Chirs: A yacht! Just behind the jet-ski... I hate yachts... I hate yachts and jet-skis but I love tankers and rigs.

interviewer: so you've tried your hand at acting. anything else you'd think you'd like to have a go at?

chris: well plumbing we know we'd like to.

interviewer: oh good, good.

jonny: i'm a working gardener. i love hoes.

Jonny: If I had a better name like ‘The Edge’, I’d be better well-known.

Chris: If someone came up with a name..?

Jonny: Like ‘Fury’.

Chris: If we changed our names to Fury, Fatso (points to himself), Tinker (points to Guy) and Bobbins, yeah people might know us better.

Interviewer: So Bobbins couldn’t make it today?

Chris: Yeah, we can call Will whatever we want when he’s not around.

These are great. :D

[On the roles of the members of the band]

Chris: I would imagine your role in the band as being (referring to Jonny)... if you were to imagine looking out onto a beach and you see one idiot on a jet-ski, that's me... the one doing all those somersaults and nonsense on a jet-ski... I hate jet-skis. Then in the very distance you see this massive oil tanker and that's jonny, that's jonny, solid.

Jon: The salt of the world.

Chris: Okay, in the very distance you see this massive rice tanker.

Lesily: What about Will and Guy?

Chris: Guy's a little yacht just behind the jet-ski, and Will's an oil rig so far out you can't possibly see it... but you know he's there. That's a terrible analogy.

Jon: I thought Guy's was quite good.

Chirs: A yacht! Just behind the jet-ski... I hate yachts... I hate yachts and jet-skis but I love tankers and rigs.

LOL!!

LOL

I can only imagine how much fun they must have together hahaha, this is marvellous!

They love to play with the interviewers', watch the reactions and make it even more confusing by complementing eachother. Great!

And I really think they love eachother :heart:

Thanks for sharing!!

What a cute drawing! :nice: Happy new year!!

The C&J are amazing ohmygod, quite a few of them I didn't know!! Thank you for posting them! Hilarious!!!

And I'll be forever grateful for those Mulled Wines gifs :awesome: The video is one of the best I'd seen in 2013 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...