✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jul-08: Pemberton - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

3-Day Event Ticket

This is a standard weekend ticket giving access to the arena only. It does NOT include a camping ticket.

Booking Fees and Service charges apply.

No refunds or exchanges / Rain or Shine.

EARLY BIRD PRICE (while stocks last) $239.50 CDN

plus applicable fees and service charges

(to compare, the ACL fest sold out early bird tickets with in about 2 days, then the price went up for the rest of the tickets, but they also sell theirs before announcing the line up, so these will prob go the first day)

3-Day Event Ticket

FESTIVAL CAMPING TICKET

Festival Camping Ticket (per person / camping space = 10 x 10)

Festival Camping Site Opens Thursday, July 24 @ 9:00 AM and Closes Monday, July 28 @ 5:00 PM. - If you show up prior to 9:00 AM on Thursday, July 24th you will be turned away!

No refunds or exchanges / Rain or Shine

Festival Camping Tickets will only be valid if accompanied by a 3-Day Event Ticket.

Festival Camping locations will be General Admission with spaces assigned on a first come, first served basis.

All festival camping attendees MUST be 19 years of age or older & have valid I.D. - Sorry NO exceptions.

Sleeping in cars in parking lots is not permitted.

FESTIVAL CAMPING TICKET (while supplies last)

PRICE $60.00 CDN, plus applicable fees and service charges

VIP Event Ticket

This 3-Day Festival VIP Event Ticket includes

- Access to VIP Viewing Platform

- Access to VIP Lounge / Tent

- VIP Parking

- VIP Entrance

- VIP Pemberton Festival commemorative merchandise piece

There is no accommodation included in this package.

No refunds or exchanges / Rain or Shine

Availability is limited, so book soon!

3-DAY FESTIVAL VIP TICKET (while supplies last)

PRICE $599.50 CDN, plus applicable fees and service charges

They don't have any info about single day tickets.

Are you going alone? I'm starting to worry they won't come to Chicago soon enough.

I don't think so. Flying into Vancouver than a 2 hour drive, I don't think im old enough to get a rental car. I will probably bring a friend though. What are you planning?

This is fantastic! I think that there will still be some acts added as they said 50 bands and there are not yet 50 on the list.

There will be no single day tickets available according to the news I've heard.

I do hope that the new CD will released before then, but the word seems to be changing on a day to day basis as to when the album will come out.

Accomadations in the Pemberton area are pretty sparse and many are already booked up and the next closest place is near Whistler. Since this is a ski resort ... summer rates are a little more reasonable although still pretty expensive. I'm not into the whole camping thing so I'm going for comfort! I'd like to stay near Pemberton for convenience sake but Whistler would be a whole lot more fun. That's most likely where Coldplay will be staying.:)

I don't think so. Flying into Vancouver than a 2 hour drive, I don't think im old enough to get a rental car. I will probably bring a friend though. What are you planning?

I would love to go, but I don't think any of my friends would be willing to go with me b/c they are not rabid Coldplay fans. I am certainly old enough to rent a car though (I'm 27) :laugh3:.

Pemberton here I come!

This is my first post here, so "Hi everyone!"

This festival sounds awesome! I'm going to start planning to attend. I wonder if there will be any groups of fans forming to go.

I'm totally not camping though, I'll probably have to stay over in Whistler in one of the hotels that hasn't been booked up.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Get your Tickets Now!

PEMBERTON/CKNW(AM980) - Tickets for this summer's Pemberton Festival- to be headlined by British rock band Coldplay- are selling fast.

Organizers are reporting the first block of early-bird tickets have sold out and a new block priced at more than $260 each are now on sale.

The inaugural three-day festival which starts Friday, July 25th, will also feature performances by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Nine Inch Nails, Jay-Z and Canadian band The Tragically Hip.

Up to 37,000 people are expected to show up, with more than half being allowed to set up camp at the 500-acre site.

The current population of Pemberton is about 2500.

http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428218912&rem=88220&red=80121823aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

Brisk sales for Pemberton Festival

Early bird tickets already sold out; organizers add Wolfmother, N.E.R.D. and others to lineup

Weeks after the official announcement was made, buzz for the upcoming Pemberton Festival only seems to be growing, and so far, sales are going strong.

The three-day event will be held on the Ravenscrest property in the Pemberton Valley July 25 to 27, and will feature performances by almost 50 musical acts, including Coldplay, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jay Z, Nine Inch Nails, and The Tragically Hip. The maximum capacity for the site is 40,000 people, and organizers say they are now expecting to sell out.

“It’s been an incredible response, surpassing our expectation,” organizer Shane Bourbonnais said in an interview Tuesday afternoon. “…We’re well on-track to where we want to be, and we’re well on track to selling this event out, which is an incredible feat for a first-year festival.”

There have also been some slight changes to the massive 50-act lineup — while MGMT had to pull out because of scheduling conflicts, N.E.R.D., Matisyahu, Minus the Bear and Inward Eye were added in late March. And organizers just announced that Wolfmother, an Australian hardrock band, and Canadian vocalist, Kathleen Edwards, will be joining the festival, as well.

“We’ve got a partnership with Whistler-Blackcomb and the reservations have also been good, so we’ve got a lot of people coming to stay in Whistler, as well,” said Bourbonnais. “So it seems like a lot of people are traveling from all over, really, to come and enjoy the festival, which is exactly what we’d hoped.”

The first round of 500 tickets went on sale to Pemberton locals at a rate of $199.50 on Monday, March 24, and sold out in about five hours. Then, the next week, another 500 were made available, and this time, they sold out in about three hours.

Organizers also offered a round of tickets at a reduced price of $219.50 to Whistler-Blackcomb season pass holders and staff members on March 25, which quickly sold out, though Bourbonnais wasn’t sure exactly how many were sold.

“I don’t have that data yet, but I know that it was very well received,” Bourbonnais said.

Finally, on March 28, the general early bird passes, which account for about 35 to 40 per cent of all passes, went on sale for $239.50 and sold out quickly. Now, passes are available at the regular price: $259.50.

The four-day camping passes, which provide access to either the family or festival campgrounds, have also been selling well, with the early bird passes already sold-out, and spots at the RV site almost gone.

Bourbonnais is pleased that a lot of people are purchasing the camping passes, because he says it will not only add to the atmosphere of the event, but may enable them to offer one-day tickets to the festival.

He explained that traffic consultants provided a formula to organizers to help maintain a balance of people moving to and from the area.

Despite brisk sales, Bourbonnais says people holding off on buying their passes until their next payday shouldn’t worry too much about the event selling out entirely.

Some locals may also be able to score a free pass — organizers are currently putting together a volunteer program, so those who give up a certain amount of their own time will be eligible for a pass. More information on this program will be released in early May.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_News&content=npembertonfest1514

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Festival draws from far and wide

168623-55926.jpg

Tom Petty is one of the headliners at the Pemberton festival.

WHISTLER -- Organizers of the largest three-day outdoor music festival in B.C. are likely to put day tickets on sale soon.

"It looks very promising that we will be doing day tickets, which is fantastic and that is great news," said Shane Bourbonnais, president of touring and business development for Live Nation, which is co-producing the Pemberton-based event to be held July 25-27.

The decision follows the sellout of all the camping sites for the festival, which have a total capacity of 20,000, and the organization of shuttle buses between Pemberton and Whistler and a car-pooling service.

There will be 50 buses ferrying concertgoers around the 500-acre site, which will have two stages and a dance tent.

Another 50 buses will act as shuttles between Whistler, 30 km to the south, and the festival site. A three-day shuttle pass will cost $90.

Anyone who carpools with four in a car will also get a free VIP parking spot.

"We really want to get people in the carpool or get them on the shuttles and minimize the environmental impact," said Bourbonnais.

Total attendance is expected to be 40,000. Already over 30,000 tickets have sold for the festival, which features Coldplay, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Nine Inch Nails,

Jay-Z, the Tragically Hip and more than 45 other bands.

"What we didn't want to do was have 40,000 people on the highway," said Bourbonnais.

This week also saw the launch of the volunteer program for the festival. About 500 people are needed to act as sources of information, goodwill ambassadors, parking lot attendants, set-up and tear-down helpers, and to keep the site as "green" as possible.

Bourbonnais has already approached local volunteer organizers through groups such as Rotary and the Pemberton Chamber of Commerce.

"The mood is very, very positive about the concert," said Chamber president Paul Selina, adding that locals are excited about the chance to get involved.

"It has already had a remarkable effect from a marketing point of view for Pemberton, too."

The rural farming town -- population 2,192 -- has been mentioned in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone and the U.K.'s Sunday Times.

To volunteer, go to http://www.pembertonfestival.com and look for the volunteer tab under General Event Information.

There will be camping available for volunteers who come from outside the local area.

"I got a call from a guy in California yesterday, he is 50 years old and he is going to bring his 25-year-old son up and [they are going to] volunteer at the festival together," said Bourbonnais.

"And I am thinking what a great thing . . . that is something they will always remember."

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/etoday/story.html?id=ac17a10b-55ec-41a5-ae48-32f05e64ac6c

I am no longer excited about this headline, why? Well because of this they have omited a Vancouver date. Which infuriates me greatly. Why? here is a few reasons: The festival will cost a good $400 for tickets, accomidations and food for the weekend, as well as travel time to Pemberton from Vancouver it adds up!

another reason is Im a minor so Im not allowed on the festival ground or a ride to Pemberton, which i would gladly spend the money on.

As amazing as festivals are, an Arena rock show is much much better in my opinion. Plus it is way easier for most people. I am disappointed Coldplay looked over the best audience in Canada and probably a strong strong contender for the best in the world. I know they'll add a date on a later leg, they have to!