✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE REAL TITLE: "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends"

BostonSportsTD

Again, I'm fine either way.

I believe it's just a separation thingy anyway.

I don't really like this as much as just plain old Viva la Vida. That one sounded exciting and fun and party-like to me for some reason.

But now it sounds all death-y.

Oh well, I'll be happy with whatever, as long as there's music.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have all gone mad.

Prospekt is using the quotation marks to highlight the two possible album titles, the 'OR' is the divide.

If he didn't use the quotation marks it would give us the album title 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his friends we're finalising the tracklisting today' - which imo is an awesome album title. I digress.

Anyway, this is ridiculous.

Given that 'Death and all his friends' is already a track title and 'Viva La Vida' is not, it HAS to be one or the other. Not both. Seriously, some of you shoudl lay off the shrooms.

It could be an honest mistake but if he were making it a choice it wouldn't read:

The actual title is 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends'

It would read:

The actual titles are 'Viva la Vida' or 'Death and all his friends'

;)

You have all gone mad.

Prospekt is using the quotation marks to highlight the two possible album titles, the 'OR' is the divide.

If he didn't use the quotation marks it would give us the album title 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his friends we're finalising the tracklisting today' - which imo is an awesome album title. I digress.

This is ridiculous.

Given that 'Death and all his friends' is already a track title and 'Viva La Vida' is not, it HAS to be one or the other. Not both. Seriously, some of you shoudl lay off the shrooms.

what you're saying makes no sense, as the OR is within the quotation ;)

You have all gone mad.

This is ridiculous.

LOLOL! Second best post of the day!! (I already gave top honours to ravrat, or you'd have it!)

:lol:

It could be an honest mistake but if he were making it a choice it wouldn't read:

The actual title is 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends'

It would read:

The actual titles are 'Viva la Vida' or 'Death and all his friends'

;)

I understand.

However giving this album the title 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends' does not make any sense. This thread is insane and has spun completely out of control. Prospekt has once again suceeded in baiting the entire forum.

^why...? i love the fact that the coldplay section is so alive again :nice:

I agree, the hype is good.

However, too much hype is bad.

It makes people think crazy things, like 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends'.

Al the new album threads seem to spin out of control. But it's all in good fun. I hope noone gets genuinely worried or upset. It's going to be a very cool, very different direction for the band, and the title, strange as it it, is a good indication that they really have changed lanes.:D

WHAT. THE. HELL.

WHY AM I ALWAYS IN THE CAF WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS?!?!?!?!?!!?

i cannot BELIEVE that this is true. it's INSANE. and frankly, i wish they'd pick one or the other and have done with it. a DOUBLE TITLE? when someone suggested that earlier, i was like:

if it's double-titled then i'm DEFINITELY smacking my forehead and rolling my eyes.

(5:09 PM today)

i'm currently smacking my forehead. even though it's just a title, and of COURSE it doesn't matter...a DOUBLE TITLE?!

i like nitram's title better than VLVODAAHF (god, that's a bitch even to abbreviate!):

lmao what about

death and all her friends or long live death and all his friends

why dont they just name the album

"we dont know what to name the album so we'll just name it this"

It better not be. First I liked "42" but that was't it. Then I like famous old(new) painters. But no, bot that either. The Viva la vida, I didn't like it, but it was tolerable. nope. death and all his friends...horrible, better not be...

And now "viva la vida or death and all his friends"? I'm sorry but that is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I'm praying it was a mistake and they meant one or the other.

Surely they don't go together, right? WHO PUTS OR IN ALBUM TITLES?!

And why would it be written that small if it was actually apart of the title? I think it's "Viva La Vida" or "Death and All His Friends"

Otherwise, I'm gonna puke.

well i personally love it. i don't completely understand the death and all his friends but i think its just supposed to be like... you can either live life or join death and all his friends... idk i want an explanation from the band but i really don't think it's necesarilly a 'double title'. the two are connected somehow and we just need to wait for chris and the boys to explain!