✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE REAL TITLE: "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends"

BostonSportsTD

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think of Barcelna and Buenos Aires in relation with Coldplay lets my heart getting warm , what a beautiful combination, COLDPLAY MEETS LATIN AMERICA - LETS GET WARM AND COLD - i think of colourful valleys with many people young and old For example in Buenos Airos in some Parts , where the People say `` WELL LIFE CAN BE SO HARD AND SO PAINFULL; (Death and all his Friends) BUT WE MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT; AND WE ARE ENJOYING THAT WHAT WE HAVE AND WE MAKE OUR WAY THROUGH A COLOURFUL JUNGLE WHERE WE GET SURPRISED HAPPY ::::::: WE CALL IT :::: VIVA LA VIDA :) welcome HAPPY MELANCHOLY ::::

You have all gone mad.

Prospekt is using the quotation marks to highlight the two possible album titles, the 'OR' is the divide.

If he didn't use the quotation marks it would give us the album title 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his friends we're finalising the tracklisting today' - which imo is an awesome album title. I digress.

This is ridiculous.

Given that 'Death and all his friends' is already a track title and 'Viva La Vida' is not, it HAS to be one or the other. Not both. Seriously, some of you shoudl lay off the shrooms.

It could be an honest mistake but if he were making it a choice it wouldn't read:

The actual title is 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends'

It would read:

The actual titles are 'Viva la Vida' or 'Death and all his friends'

;)

I wanted to post what Mimi already did! :P

There is a comment on Rolling Stone from prospekt saying the album title will be 'Death and All His Friends'

prospekt | 3/20/2008, 1:52 am EST

Their actually going to call the album “Death and All His Friends” this article was printed b4 they had even decided between the 2 i.e. (viva la vida) or (death and all his friends,) i personally like it, it has more depth and meaning to the darker nature of the albums songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/03/18/rolling-stone-exclusive-coldplays-new-album-title-revealed/

I'm hoping this will be their "classic" album as well, and I have a feeling it will be. But it will be hit or miss with some fans, and it will take a while to adjust to the change, if it really is a s different as they say it is. I've heard a few people saying that this will be their Kid A, but to be honest I'm still waiting for an "OK Computer" from them. And don't tell me that it was X&Y, because that was basically AROBTTH with louder guitars and less character. I still like it of course, but it didn't exactly re invent the wheel did it.

Prospekt has excellent grammar and wouldn't say "their going to..." as that makes no sense. The sentence should read "they're going to..." English lesson over.
Yeah, the grammar says it all. I don't know how people could even consider that to be a Prospekt message. I can go on there an call my self Chris Martin if I wanted, and post a message. I think someone already did actually, looking back.

The personification of "Death" with the pronoun "his" is really intriguing to me. Can death not be a woman? No use of 'her' or 'its'.

Also with the mention of Vida/Life, will it be a sort of life vs. death sort of saga?

I also wonder if the album will be like a story, that being the importance of tracklisting to the band and their struggle to agree ( a usual!)

And if death is the theme, I hope for a use of skeletons somewhere in the cover art. Bones and skulls in pure form are really perfect pieces of art, as opposed to a cartoon-ish way to look at skeletons. Just my 2 cents!