• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vampire Weekend - Upcoming Tour Dates:

11/17 Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Unit

11/21 Sydney, Australia - Oxford Art Factory

11/23 Sydney, Australia - Notes on Enmore (free)

12/10 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom (94.7FM "A December To Remember" concert series)

12/11 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena (Live 105 "Not So Silent Night 2009")

12/12 La Jolla, CA - RIMAC Arena/UC San Diego (FM949 "Holiday Hootenanny")

12/13 Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheater (KROQ "Acoustic Christmas")

12/15 Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater (KNDD The End’s "Deck The Hall Ball ‘09")

01/12 Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theater

01/17 New York, NY - United Palace Theater

01/18 New York, NY - Webster Hall

01/19 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

02/07 Cambridge, England - Corn Exchange

02/08 Manchester, England - Manchester Apollo

02/09 Leeds, England - Leeds O2 Academy

02/10 Birmingham, England - Birmingham O2 Academy

02/12 Newcastle, England - Newcastle O2 Academy

02/13 Glasgow, Scotland - Barrowlands

02/14 Edinburgh, Scotland - Edinburgh Picture House

02/16 London, England - Brixton O2 Academy

02/17 London, England - Brixton O2 Academy

the boys were on Sunrise (TV equivalent of 2day fm or foxfm) this morning and naturally they performed Horchata which i thought sounded excellent. one of the hosts when interviewing Ezra afterwards noted how very different and unique they sound and that answered a question that ive been asking myself for a very long time, that is, why didnt vampire weekend's tracks top the charts around the world cos to me they are clean sweet melodic pop done to perfection. but i guess the mainstream music audience finds them to be fairly left field.

footage from tv performance coming soon.

the boys were on Sunrise (TV equivalent of 2day fm or foxfm) this morning and naturally they performed Horchata which i thought sounded excellent. one of the hosts when interviewing Ezra afterwards noted how very different and unique they sound and that answered a question that ive been asking myself for a very long time, that is, why didnt vampire weekend's tracks top the charts around the world cos to me they are clean sweet melodic pop done to perfection. but i guess the mainstream music audience finds them to be fairly left field.

footage from tv performance coming soon.

HA! I just woke up, turned the tv on and they said, "vampire weekend playing live, after the break"... so I thought, this is awesome timing!! I never knew! Horchata sounded good, didn't use the cymbals which I like so much in the song.

Koshy and Mel are the worst hosts ever... he had really no idea what he was talking about. Ezra's voice sounded spot on, I was surprised they didn't play cousins, might have got them some itunes sales... bad move?

As for left field, yeah they still are. Lots of people I know have NEVER heard of them.

Koshy and Mel are the worst hosts ever... he had really no idea what he was talking about. Ezra's voice sounded spot on, I was surprised they didn't play cousins, might have got them some itunes sales... bad move?

i actually thought koshy was ok. at least he took the time to talk Ezra for a few moments and he isnt totally off with the Sting comparison but Neil Finn is the more obvious one. and yeah i came across out of pure luck, havent watched Sunrise in a good 4 or 5 years, the one of channel 9 is relatively more bearable.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeaJM34gh6g]YouTube- Vampire Weekend - Cousins Official Video (HQ)[/ame]

I just think Cousins would have been a better choice. I do like Horchata better, though. I think Cousins is a poor choice for the first single. From what I have heard of white sky, it is amazing. I have heard the other new songs on youtube too.. they seem to have more of an african influence this LP.

Oh, and as for the Cousins single... anyone realise it sounds different to previous versions? It seems to me like they put too many layers on the song in the studio version and live it sounds a million times better. Also, the opening guitar effects and ezra's "ooh-ah-ey-ey" kind of ruin the intro... And it seems too fast. I dunno. Maybe they'll change the album version.

• 1 month later...