✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vampire Weekend

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring band, boring live, 2nd album will be boring

you quite obviously weren't in byron bay last august when these guys brought 20 000 people into a frenzy for 40mins. i won't even start on the brilliance of their debut release.

as much as it pains me to say this. i kind of agree with you that their second album won't be great. i loved the debut but listening to it i kinda got the impression that this is as good as they will get. hope they prove me wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

^^

is that all you like? cos they basically use that same formula throughout the album (making it a good "album") so i would of imagined if you like 3 or 4 songs you most probably dont mind the rest. but hey we're all different!

i love it all except Blake's Got A New Face aka One (well technically the other way around) and Bryn got a little annoying after a while.

• 3 months later...

update on the band.

the second album has been complete for quite a while now but the band has decided not to release it late september as was initially planning. the new release date is January 10 2010. the title of the album is Contra. here is the tracklisting

'Horchata'

'White Sky'

'Holiday'

'California English'

'Taxi Cab'

'Run'

'Cousins'

'Giving Up The Gun'

'Diplomat’s Son'

'I Think Ur A Contra'

will be interesting. the expectations are very high.

NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG! NEW SONG!

So excited, I LOVE IT.