✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vampire Weekend

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've listened twice now, only through computer speakers so not in great quality. I really liked it though on the second listen, particularly White Sky and Holiday. I'll wait until I get the CD to listen properly, but so far I can't see it being any worse than the first one.

Listened to it twice so far and I'm not impressed. I only like Cousins, which is very much like the songs on s/t. It's not catchy enough! :[ Probably should listen to it some more...

California English annoys the hell out of me .__.

I want to like the album though, as I'm seeing them in February.

Boo.

Yeah, I find California English really annoying to listen to, Music is supposed to be nice to listen to, but that song is not, It's very weird!

That song wasn't that bad...

White Sky and Taxi Cab are amazing!

I thought their first album was better but this one is not bad.

California English is oddly interesting, one of my favourites. For me, after multiple listens, the first 7 songs are amazing, same quality as LP1.... then after that it goes to shit. They tried genres that just didn't work, and failed.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the album - the last 3 songs just annoy me. Giving up the gun is completely teen-plastic-pop shit, the diplomat's son is decent calypso-pop for 3 mins, then it gets too long and repetitive, and Contra, a suitable opener, has too many annoying background noises that don't work in harmony with the melody...

Here's the perfomance from last night :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nemUkG1_AE]YouTube- Vampire Weekend - "Cousins" Letterman 1/5 (TheAudioPerv.com)[/ame]

They're touring the US...and THANKS FOR ADDING A SHOW CLOSE BY, LOSERS :awesome:

</3

Anyways......... I have a geeky crush on their drummer Chris :kiss:

vamp.JPG

RawR!

I LOVE this new album. When I first listened I was a bit unsure but I've listened to it about 6 times now and it definitely grows on you.

White Sky is my current favourite and for some reason Horchata is really annoying me. Perhaps I've heard that track too much for now...