✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vampire Weekend

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

i can understand why people dont like them. they are pretty average live on stage but so were other bands who broke through last year with awesome debut albums. so i just forget about their ability on stage and focus on their brilliant debut record. from go to woe its almost perfect. its catchy in an un-annoying way.

I'm really surprised at people's comments about them live. I saw them in October and thought they were great. Considering they only have one album and a lot of the crowd only new the singles, they put on a really good set.

They also did a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere that was really fun.

Outside of Coldplay, their's was my favourite album of 2008

i can understand why people dont like them. they are pretty average live on stage but so were other bands who broke through last year with awesome debut albums. so i just forget about their ability on stage and focus on their brilliant debut record. from go to woe its almost perfect. its catchy in an un-annoying way.

They didn't really blow me away when I saw them at Glastonbury last year in the rain :)

They didn't really blow me away when I saw them at Glastonbury last year in the rain :)

Maybe the rain didn't help...

maybe cuz u saw them early in their touring career. i saw them in december so they were improved

Glad someone else agrees with me, they were fantastic in late October!

I either hear that they are really great and refreshing, or that they're repetitive and annoying... so I always go back and forth on whether to try to get into their album. I've listened to some of their stuff. They do have a refreshing, relaxing sound, but I feel that they can indeed be a little repetitive too... So I'm not sure of what I think of them. :confused:

Oxford Comma definitely very catchy in particular for me... :dead:

peter gabriel covered vampire weekend. think what you want of it. i think it sucks

Its nowhere as good as the original version!

You gotta love this though, Walcott/One live in the streets of Paris.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Qgdt9tTlk]YouTube - Vampire Weekend - Walcott/One live in the streets of Paris[/ame]

• 3 months later...

I love Vampire Weekend. Though does anyone else think they sound a little like Paul Simon during his African music period in the 80s. I love pop mixed with a little orchestral.

The "new" song they played during the Jimmy Fallon show taping I attended sounded a lot like the stuff on the first album. I hope they have some more tricks up their sleeves.