✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vampire Weekend

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are quite good listens, too!

they are :nice:

I'm enjoying this album very much, i'm not exactly one to go into deep insight on how it's progressed or not. It's not as amazing and mind blowing as their debut but pretty great so far. Cousins has the potential to be 2010's A-Punk and the rest of the songs are quite solid. The strong fun danceable beats are still there but as you guys have pointed out, it’s more mature and sophisticated.

From the moment I pre ordered to yesterday when I first heard the album as whole, fresh and new… it was definitely worth the wait :sweatdrop:

And I’m not gonna do a track by track review b/c I suck :cool4:

the album's growing on me

It is a grower! I am so in love with it.

I can't understand all the cousins love though, that's my least favourite on the whole album! There's something really bland about it compared to the rest of the album. It's not as rich sounding.

Prepares for flaming.

I dunno, after a few listens, I think I liked the first album better. Not that Contra is bad, but I feel only a few key tracks (Horchata, White Sky, Holiday, and maybe one more) stand out. "Cousins" is pretty average for a single, especially compared to "A-Punk".

(I think White Sky was the mystery "preview" track I didn't recognize when I saw them a month ago)

I dunno, after a few listens, I think I liked the first album better. Not that Contra is bad, but I feel only a few key tracks (Horchata, White Sky, Holiday, and maybe one more) stand out. "Cousins" is pretty average for a single, especially compared to "A-Punk".

(I think White Sky was the mystery "preview" track I didn't recognize when I saw them a month ago)

They played White Sky in 2007 in their live shows touring their debut album... my mate has a signed setlist to prove it

Its growing on me. I reeeeeally like Giving Up The Gun and I Think UR A Contra, but I cannot stand Diplomat's Son. California English and Cousins are getting better each time I listen to them, but originally I couldn't stand them either.

I love I Think UR a Contra and White Sky, along with Giving up the Gun.

The only one i can't get into is cousins!

:awesome:!!!!

Cousins is amazing. It's a story about having your cousins at parties and them being the only ones you have to talk to, that you have assured conversations... It's short and sweet, real rough ska that the band hasn't done before

Why people are hating Cousins? I think it's quite catchy!

So far I haven't heard anything I don't like.

:heart: