✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Life in Technicolor: what do you think?

lostsides

Rock "instrumentals" are usually not that great, and Coldplay's never even done one before...

...but wow, did they ever do it well! If not for 42, this would be my favorite on the album.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this opening.

Starting out very mellow, but then all the instruments kick in and the rest of the track becomes very upbeat. For me, it's a good song to start the album with.

I can't stop playing it :D

completely agree.

i bought the album the day it was released here in australia and after i'd done my exam for the day, got home, put it into my computer, in went the earphones, then pressed play. this song is absolutely amazing. i cannot imagine it being anywhere else but the beginning of the album. it's melody is captivating and the vocals at the end is subtle and just right.

a perfect start to the album :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LiT starts off slowly, but then simmers and boils into something so melodic and uplifting, climaxing with Chris' tribal call to arms. It feels like there is a song missing though... I don't think the introduction to CoL follows on very well.

But remember that "light through the veins" didn't have the hammer-dulcimer, the guitar, the bass or the drums. After the first 45 seconds or so..it's all coldplay.

are you kidding me? who cares? they took it from jon hopkins, plain and simple....and the fact that its also featured on the escapist makes it even worse..