✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Life in Technicolor: what do you think?

lostsides

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely amazing, awesome, astounding song! (How's that for alliteration?) ;) I love the build-up towards the guitar/drum jammin'. The intro made me think it was a Sigur Ros song for a moment but then the banjo-like sound kicked in and I grinned like an idiot - definitely Coldplay. It's such a positive, uplifting, upbeat song. I can't help head-bangin' and jumping around like a lunatic. It's just such a happy tune with such happy unity of instruments that it gives you hope of things really turning out all right in the end.

Makes me think of the sun rising in a clear azure sky over an endless stretch of deep blue ocean ... and the Coldplay boys rockin' out while speeding towards the tangerine horizon on a pirate ship à la Pirates of the Caribbean ...

LOL. I am so weird. :lol:

I haven't listened to it yet. Should I?

It's a 'rough cut' so I assume it's going to be different to the final album version so it's not technically listening to a song off the new LP...that's what I told myself anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Coldplay should work more on instrumental songs as pink floyd did in the 70s. LIT proves that CP are great musicians.

Also the technique of fading one song to the next one makes the album great. It is almost a concept album.

Life in Technicolor = L O V E

It's simply beautiful.. I love this song. It's so sad because I think The Escapist destroyed LiT e bit... I'm still very glad they decided to make LiT instrumental, it's so much better than TE.

I kinda like how the end of The Escapist is the begining of Life In Technicolor, it's almost as if they were expecting us to play the album on repeat and there not be a definite end to the album at all.

Saying this neither are my favourite from the album, LIT being much better than TE though

For those of you who don't know, the TRUE quality version has finally leaked, and can be found in the scene advance torrent.

After hearing the real thing, I think the track itself is a bit disappointing. To me, the crescendo just doesn't seem... large enough. That's not quite the word I'm looking for, but it's just a bit dissatisfying.

Anyone else heard the real thing?

For those of you who don't know, the TRUE quality version has finally leaked, and can be found in the scene advance torrent.

After hearing the real thing, I think the track itself is a bit disappointing. To me, the crescendo just doesn't seem... large enough. That's not quite the word I'm looking for, but it's just a bit dissatisfying.

Anyone else heard the real thing?

yeah, can anyone confirm this?

I fiiiinally heard it, and definitely like it! It kinda reminds me of that Stars song that's all instrumental and they just play it to get warmed up. Would be neat for a show opener, but then again the fact that there aren't any vocals might not give it the oomph that Square One and Politik have.