✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok and now that i've got that out of my system...

i understand that this thread is about 'reviews' and everyones entitled to their opinion. but it just upsets me when i feel like people are being ungrateful.

Totally understandable. But remember, not all "complaints" are in fact ungrateful. Some are just wishful thinking, minor disappointments, or other let-downs.

just want to make a few comments. it was my 14th time seeing the band and i thought it was pretty good for where they are in the new material and getting out there and playing live again. i saw them twice in smaller buzz type shows..once at the beacon and once at avalon in boston which was amazing. they were previewing all their new x/y album with a few old ones in there as well. so it was pretty much the same thing as msg but just way way smaller.

i thought the show was fun because i got to see them play new stuff and i didnt know what was coming up next ...last tour they played 80-85 minutes everynight and played the same exact setlist night in and night out. every once in a blue moon the would exchange one song for another, but was very very very rare. i think they played shiver twice on the whole tour. their show is very in tune with their lights and screens..they cant just come out and play a song when they fee like it ..i wish they did, but they just dont.

so i think some of the complaining that is occurring is because some of the fans that have seen them on other tours are thinking this might be indicative of whats to come...short show, very predictable. now, granted, the show is not going to be so heavy on the new stuff as was the other night, but dont expect somone in the crowd to yell, "play sparks" and they go, "ok"...they have a pretty set setlist and they stick to it.

but...i continue to got to every show in the area because i think they are amazing live and keep the hope alive that someday they will play some of my favorites just because they are feeling it that night!!

as for the fuse thing- i saw the cure on friday night and there were a dumpload of cameras everywhere at msg with notices saying this was being filmed for fuse. i only saw like 1-2 cameras and no disclaimer anywhere for coldplay. brings me to last point. someone earlier on said that msg has a curfew of 11pm and thats why the show ended abruptly like it did....there is no curfew. the cure went on at 9 pm sharp and played 33-35 songs (insane) which included an hour long set of encores (4 to be exact)...they left the stage after their 3 hour marathon just after midnight...it was unbelievable. people all around us were just freaking out..

as for the fuse thing- i saw the cure on friday night and there were a dumpload of cameras everywhere at msg with notices saying this was being filmed for fuse. i only saw like 1-2 cameras and no disclaimer anywhere for coldplay.

I did notice a disclaimer on the way in, on the post right before the ticket scanners. However, I'd wager this is strictly an "in case" posting. The Garden probably has a deal with Fuse to film the concerts if Fuse wants to show them, or clips, but may not currently have any plans to do so.

someone earlier on said that msg has a curfew of 11pm and thats why the show ended abruptly like it did....there is no curfew.

It may not be a curfew, but I would wager that the road crew, stage hands and most Garden employees are union, which means there is the possibility of needing to pay overtime wages. This is pretty much the case at most arenas (I'd guess) these days and why a majority (though by no means all) concerts typically end around 11:00.

Here's a clip from the show I just uploaded. The quality's not amazing, but it's a pretty good view of the magic balls in action!!

Cool video! where were your seats? I have a pair of side stage seats for Chicago

is it true that the MSG show will be on FUSE TV?

I saw only two cameras from where I was... but i think those were for the projections on the magic balls...

brings me to last point. someone earlier on said that msg has a curfew of 11pm and thats why the show ended abruptly like it did....there is no curfew. the cure went on at 9 pm sharp and played 33-35 songs (insane) which included an hour long set of encores (4 to be exact)...they left the stage after their 3 hour marathon just after midnight...it was unbelievable. people all around us were just freaking out..

uh I never said that was the reason for the 'abrupt' departure..... but there is so a curfew. If The Cure went on for as long as they did... which BTW has been broadcast on MSG (late night) its because ITS MSG!!! They own the damn thing.. and since when does Mr. Dolan care about others??? LOL I never said it was a city curfew.... just an MSG thing.... :P

:cool:the end

there is no curfew. ive seen Dave Matthews Band play until 12 there. ive seen Pearl Jam play until 12:45. It completly up to the band. its a arena. its not outdoors. there would never be a reason for there to be a curfew.

I had a great time at the show, but when it comes down to it Coldplay are just not the type of band to play for 2-3 hours.

there is no curfew. ive seen Dave Matthews Band play until 12 there. ive seen Pearl Jam play until 12:45. It completly up to the band. its a arena. its not outdoors. there would never be a reason for there to be a curfew.

I had a great time at the show, but when it comes down to it Coldplay are just not the type of band to play for 2-3 hours.

Actually- there is an 11pm curfew. Saw Pearl Jam play there in 2003 and Eddie Vedder mentions that Mike (or Stone I can't remember which) will be paying the fine for playing longer than allowed.

I hate reviews. I really really do. I've said it numerous times and I'll say it again:

Chris' voice was as good as I've ever heard it live

The forgotten lyrics and the mess ups gave a casual living room feel to an arena show.

The lighting and magic balls and confetti were amazing.

I would have payed to see the exact same show again.

There's loads and loads of people banging on about Chris repeating over and over that it was a free show, did he really say it that many times?

It kinda seemed like it. It was humorous and amusing...but it did near the point of running the joke into the ground.

There's loads and loads of people banging on about Chris repeating over and over that it was a free show, did he really say it that many times?

he might have mentioned it 3x.... at the most.... he sang about it during Fix You... but thats included in my 3x... :\

Thought so, there's loads of criticism about that, in everything I've read.

To be fair to him though, if I'd paid the best part of a million dollars to put a show on I'd bang on about it too :P

Honestly though, it's got to be an insecurity thing. Shit I ballsed that up, best remind them it's free.