✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already knew this! But the terms and conditions of MSG say that the contest is for only U.S. Residents - so I don't know that means that they're paying the flight and accomodation for one fan from anywhere on the U.S. or anywhere on the planet!!!

If it is from anywhere on the planet!!! I hope it's me!!!

I am from Venezuela, huge fan since AROBTTH and I have never been to a Coldplay concert!!!

cheers!!

Escapist

My friend. Prepare to be blown away.

Coldplay, hands down, are the best live act I have ever seen.

And I have seen many. many. many, live acts, on TV, in person, on DVD and on the internet.

Many.

lol

23/06/08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Welcome to the thread for the above show which can be used for all discussion prior to, during and after the show.

One thread one show - should hopefully keep everyone organised and up-to-date with Coldplay on the road.

Did you get tickets?

Are you looking for tickets?

Are you looking for ticket swaps?

Need help/directions on getting to the show?

Not sure what the arrangements and rules are for the particular venue is?

Are you just bloody excited?

Do you have a review for the show?

Did you take any pictures... share them here!

I guess the scalpers are registered for tickets.... ???

as far as I know... the MSG show for 6/23 is free. Chris said it was the band's way of making up for the 'shit shows' they put on last time they were here in NYC (Chris' words.. not mine!!)& the fact that its never been done before... - I thought they were great when I saw them.... lol but, THANKS CHRIS!!!! :kiss: -

Damn scalpers and damn Coldplay's tour management. I'm really getting rather pissed. No presale tickets for FANS, no organizing volunteers for Oxfam, no Q&A or any type of communcation on the new website & in the end no way to feel connected to the band at all.

If you look at the link above listing MSG tickets for sale, you'll see seats being sold for over $1000 each. Now how in the hell is that better than possibly a few fan tickets being sold last tour? Where's the proof that even happened?? Did any of us sell our fan presale tickets last time?!? I doubt it. Whoever is managing this tour is full of absolute f*ckshit and I'd like to be able to tell them that to their G.D. face.

:angry:

Guys, guys, guys...listen up!

These scalpers/ticket brokers do NOT have these tickets - no one has them yet! These ticket brokers put links up on their websites saying they have particular seats just in case they do get seats like that. It is all a business - my friend works for a ticket broker and was explaining it to me (it is kind of complicated). For example, before even the Best Buy presale, some ticket broker websites had tickets for all of the shows up (but they really did not have any!). If you do not believe me, contact that website that says they have the tickets for the MSG show, and tell them you want to buy them and want the tickets this week. It is all BS...do not fret.

Guys, guys, guys...listen up!

These scalpers/ticket brokers do NOT have these tickets - no one has them yet! These ticket brokers put links up on their websites saying they have particular seats just in case they do get seats like that. It is all a business - my friend works for a ticket broker and was explaining it to me (it is kind of complicated). For example, before even the Best Buy presale, some ticket broker websites had tickets for all of the shows up (but they really did not have any!). If you do not believe me, contact that website that says they have the tickets for the MSG show, and tell them you want to buy them and want the tickets this week. It is all BS...do not fret.

They do have tickets promised! You can't get the actual ticket until they have them. Basically, sponsors/patrons of MSG and record companies, radio stations, promoters have all been promised tickets for this gig and sadly some will sell their tickets-certainly the roadies/tech guys who can make an easy few hundred bucks. There are some 12,000 tickets that are going to be allocated to the above people i just listed.

It just proves my theory about those free shows. Free tickets are scam for fans. Hey, look at us, we are giving away tickets. And real tickets go to sponsors/organizations/msg employees/VIP suckers... Die hard fans meanwhile can download free mp3 from coldplay.com. Enjoy.

Here I said what I think about those free shows.

It just proves my theory about those free shows. Free tickets are scam for fans. Hey, look at us, we are giving away tickets. And real tickets go to sponsors/organizations/msg employees/VIP suckers... Die hard fans meanwhile can download free mp3 from coldplay.com. Enjoy.

Here I said what I think about those free shows.

yes and no.....

true some (maybe most) free tickets go to sponsors and record label execs... but FANS REALLY DO WIN!!! I should know... I was one of them when they did the Storytellers gig in Brooklyn for VH1 back at the launch of X&Y..... lots of fans there.... maybe not in the front row.... but they were there.... and it was a super intimate gig so that helped. After the show.. a lot of people left... (labels people and such) and the fans were allowed to move down to the front for the Q&A. :nice: ahh the memories.......... *drifts off*

but yeah... FANS do win.

Verification reply for msg concert

Hey, I've used the search function to find a thread about this, but have been unsuccessful, I remembered somebody else writing about this earlier though,

has anyone received a verification email reply for the msg concert. I received one from the brixton academy contest, but not the msg concert. Thanks for all your help,

Viva La Vida