✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

LOl I took it as just your regular Chris comments... I mean, that Chris!!!! he cursed, he forgot lyrics... he joked about how handsome Guy was, and how incredibly bad they were... THAT'S CHRIS!! People are justbeing too literal with him...

cut the guy a break!! :P

i thought he was charming... :blush:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People just want an excuse to hate him.

"Wah wah how dare these fools play music and make money! We're so much cooler etc..."

I did here a rumbling that Eddie Vedder made a joke at his expense at MSG the other day though.

People just want an excuse to hate him.

"Wah wah how dare these fools play music and make money! We're so much cooler etc..."

I did here a rumbling that Eddie Vedder made a joke at his expense at MSG the other day though.

^ he did! He broke curfew... (as many dis-believed me!!!;p) but yeah.. I don't know if he made comments about Coldplay... but he did manage to break the curfew.... lol

*From my MySpace Blog Dated 6/24/08.

"What do you call it when, Coldplay charges $30 dollars for souvenir t-shirts and, performs a 70 minute set with no Encore performance?!!!!

CALL IT A "FREE - SHOW" ... LOL

In May 2008, the now globally acclaimed british rock group "Coldplay" announced there plans to host 3 free shows before their actual tour begins. One in London, Barcelona (Spain), and one in the U.S. (NYC). The only way fans can get access to a seat (or 2) was by a raffle that chose the winners in each respected country.

10,000 people came to witness the "free- show", including myself. Indeed, it was.

I was at first very disappointed when I got into the arena because, I did not see any dynamic set furnishings or anything like that. Although, I did see the cliche, "rock band runway" on each side of the stage I was still hoping for some more. I kept my hopes alive and, swam on with the optimism. I had a great feeling that the light show was going to be good. I was wrong. "Good" cannot even describe how impeccable the technician was on orchestrating the lights with each song. The actual set was later discovered as about 6 (maybe 7) giant circular objects (Similar to Kanye West's Glow In the Dark Tour "Flashing Lights" segment), escalated down, some almost touching the stage floor, and began to be used as titan-trons (how AWESOME !!!). The band performed a 16 song set, including various hits from their epic new album "Viva La Vida", and a string of timeless material from their previous works. Performing on all ends and, sides of the stage, even performing up on the lower tire balcony (section 60 to be exact) as Chris [Martin] crooned vulnerably for the crowds participation to their acoustic rendition of "Yellow". Fellow band mate, drummer Will Champion declare the 'Death will Never Conquer" as he sung quite impressively to Chris' harmonica melody.

In all, the concert gave a lot of excitement for fans in the northeastern United States area (especially for the New York/ Tri-State Area). As they close the show out with a glow in the dark confetti filled, video montage driven "Lovers in Japan", fans (myself included) were surely sad the band did not come out to perform one more song as an encore performance but, Hey, "You reap, what you sow". Many of us [audience] didn't sow anything because it was a "Free - ...". I rest my case. Though I wonder if Chris Rock, and Molly Sims won tickets to the event by an email as well, because they were there too SMH. It was a very great show that was for free but, not a great show if it were something you "paid" for. Lookout for announcements regarding their return to the Garden later this year for the ACTUAL tour show. "

- Ernest.

ded5e4c2.png

Check out the actual blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=197339525&blogID=408788220&Mytoken=8887F1F9-CD5F-4F96-AE5EE729FA638509167621702

Check out the Pics: (definitely worth it)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=197339525&blogID=408861928

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=197339525&blogID=408853032&Mytoken=6F89E44C-EBCC-456B-8AD4DC2FE1F731CA168256059

YouTube Footage:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=197339525&blogID=408926353

I think its safe to say that not ALL the people in attendance were contest winners... we know that now..:rolleyes: only 7,000 of the 10,000 were contest winners.... its a know fact record execs, label people, media etc... will have tickets aswell.... it just saddens me that no matter what this band does, there will always be haters and people who criticize them.... I'm glad Chris made a comment about it on the TODAY show... but it shows that he doesn't let the haters get to him... (referring to the joke he made about the soundcheck being the live gig and then they were done...lol)

so what there was no encore.. I got over that detail the moment I left MSG.... after looking at my footage on the train, I was happy I got to see them for free.... yet a second time.. and a total of 4x.... think of the countless number of others that didn't. Granted, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion... tis what a message board is for... but I just wanted to voice my opinion as well.....

stop the slaggin people! Seriously! :P

I think its safe to say that not ALL the people in attendance were contest winners... we know that now..:rolleyes: only 7,000 of the 10,000 were contest winners.... its a know fact record execs, label people, media etc... will have tickets aswell.... it just saddens me that no matter what this band does, there will always be haters and people who criticize them.... I'm glad Chris made a comment about it on the TODAY show... but it shows that he doesn't let the haters get to him... (referring to the joke he made about the soundcheck being the live gig and then they were done...lol)

so what there was no encore.. I got over that detail the moment I left MSG.... after looking at my footage on the train, I was happy I got to see them for free.... yet a second time.. and a total of 4x.... think of the countless number of others that didn't. Granted, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion... tis what a message board is for... but I just wanted to voice my opinion as well.....

You really couldn't have said it any better, LOL, I knew that there wasn't going to be tickets only for fans after I saw a full family of ... FOUR, dressed in all white, going into the box section by where I was ... I just thought it was supremely funny that the news articles spoke of the Celeb's who came and, I just kept saying to myself [sarcastically] "I wonder if they won tickets from the online raffle?!" ... LOL

That was almost one of the best free shows I ever got to be apart of ... But I am definitely not hating, because I cant wait till they announce their return to the Garden later this year!!!!

... Oops, did I just say that ... Me and my big mouth ;)

I'm glad Chris made a comment about it on the TODAY show... but it shows that he doesn't let the haters get to him... (referring to the joke he made about the soundcheck being the live gig and then they were done...lol)

What did he have to say about it on the Today show?

I just got my tix for jersey mon niight, 7th row baby!!! ticketmaster auction. is there a jersey concert thread yet?

i missed the deadline by 1/2 hr! i'm so angry at myself...do you happen to have a spare or will?

And yes, there is a jersey concert thread in coldplay live.

You really couldn't have said it any better, LOL, I knew that there wasn't going to be tickets only for fans after I saw a full family of ... FOUR, dressed in all white, going into the box section by where I was ... I just thought it was supremely funny that the news articles spoke of the Celeb's who came and, I just kept saying to myself [sarcastically] "I wonder if they won tickets from the online raffle?!" ... LOL

That was almost one of the best free shows I ever got to be apart of ... But I am definitely not hating, because I cant wait till they announce their return to the Garden later this year!!!!

... Oops, did I just say that ... Me and my big mouth ;)

*dances* ahh haa! I knew it!!! I hope they come back around... I knew they would, but I thought they were booked through the end of the year.... I could defo see them coming back early next year..... but we'll all have to wait and see.... :wink3:

What did he have to say about it on the Today show?

if you know Chris' humor... then I think you might have caught the comment.. lol he was all "Chris! You're an asshole! WHAT! WHAT! That's it?!!" when he joked that the soundcheck was the gig.. and we could all go home.... lol at least that's my interpetation of it.... :)

I heart him... :blush:

Chris Rock's opinion of the gig:

Via celebrity.myspace.com:

This week my assignment was to see Coldplay at Madison Square Garden. Now being the only black guy can sometimes be dangerous like the time I was the only black guy at an ACDC concert in Prague. There not use to seeing black people at all in Prague, but a black guy singing “hells bells” was just a little to much for them to take. Now I didn’t know what to expect from a Coldplay concert, but I figured I wasn’t gonna get stabbed in the middle of “yellow.” Anyway the concert was pretty good. I thought it was a perfect mix of old and new songs and I gotta say that when they did something from the new album Chris Martin was smart enough not to say the words you hate to here the most at a concert; ” This is something from our new album.” That’s like saying this is a good time to take a shit.Anyway when they did a new song they just did it and it seemed to fit right in with the old stuff. I didn’t know the names of any of the new songs, but the white people next to me seemed to know every word. If I have any complaints I thought Chris Martin might of mentioned the fact that the concert was free a few too many times. I thought it was a little obnoxious. If you pay for dinner just pay for it, don’t say to me you like that free food. Free food is good ain’t it. Again the white people seemed happy with it, but as the only black guy there I thought he might be talking to me. My other complaint was the use of pre record music and drum machines at one point I thought they were gonna sing rhythm nation, but other than those two things I thought it was a great concert. When they went into the crowd and did a striped down version of “yellow” I thought that was the highlight of a great night. Music critics like to compare Coldplay to Radiohead and that’s not fare. Coldplay is no Radiohead and Radiohead is no Coldplay. You can understand every word to a Coldplay song the first time you hear it. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, Coldplay kind of reminds me of a British Hall and Oates. In the eighties what did a pop record song like? It sounded like Darryl Hall. And now what does a pop record sound like? It sounds like Chris Martin. Any way I don’t know when the next concert is and I don’t know where it is but don’t worry you’ll see me because I’ll be the only black guy there.

Chris Rock's opinion of the gig:

Via celebrity.myspace.com:

This week my assignment was to see Coldplay at Madison Square Garden. Now being the only black guy can sometimes be dangerous like the time I was the only black guy at an ACDC concert in Prague. There not use to seeing black people at all in Prague, but a black guy singing “hells bells” was just a little to much for them to take. Now I didn’t know what to expect from a Coldplay concert, but I figured I wasn’t gonna get stabbed in the middle of “yellow.” Anyway the concert was pretty good. I thought it was a perfect mix of old and new songs and I gotta say that when they did something from the new album Chris Martin was smart enough not to say the words you hate to here the most at a concert; ” This is something from our new album.” That’s like saying this is a good time to take a shit.Anyway when they did a new song they just did it and it seemed to fit right in with the old stuff. I didn’t know the names of any of the new songs, but the white people next to me seemed to know every word. If I have any complaints I thought Chris Martin might of mentioned the fact that the concert was free a few too many times. I thought it was a little obnoxious. If you pay for dinner just pay for it, don’t say to me you like that free food. Free food is good ain’t it. Again the white people seemed happy with it, but as the only black guy there I thought he might be talking to me. My other complaint was the use of pre record music and drum machines at one point I thought they were gonna sing rhythm nation, but other than those two things I thought it was a great concert. When they went into the crowd and did a striped down version of “yellow” I thought that was the highlight of a great night. Music critics like to compare Coldplay to Radiohead and that’s not fare. Coldplay is no Radiohead and Radiohead is no Coldplay. You can understand every word to a Coldplay song the first time you hear it. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, Coldplay kind of reminds me of a British Hall and Oates. In the eighties what did a pop record song like? It sounded like Darryl Hall. And now what does a pop record sound like? It sounds like Chris Martin. Any way I don’t know when the next concert is and I don’t know where it is but don’t worry you’ll see me because I’ll be the only black guy there.

Sorry Chris .. YOU'RE WRONG CAUSE I WAS ANOTHER BLACK GUY IN THERE AS WELL !!! BAD ASSUMPTION MAN !!! LOL.