✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

13-Nov-08: Kansas City - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 09-Jul]

Welcome to the thread for the above show which can be used for all discussion prior to, during and after the show.

One thread one show - should hopefully keep everyone organised and up-to-date with Coldplay on the road.

Did you get tickets?

Are you looking for tickets?

Are you looking for ticket swaps?

Need help/directions on getting to the show?

Not sure what the arrangements and rules are for the particular venue is?

Are you just bloody excited?

Do you have a review for the show?

Did you take any pictures... share them here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Glass Of Water

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

Green Eyes

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

Yellow

The Escapist (outro)

Photos

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1549

Wiki reviews

http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/13_November_2008:_Sprint_Center%2C_Kansas_City%2C_MO%2C_USA

Videos

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiS8n7kK_CU

In My Place

Glass Of Water

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

Green Eyes

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJn7GkiK4dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqd8NfrJ0Oo

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1C8tRi7wc8

Lovers In Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68M13nK7RE

Death And All His Friends

-------

Yellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7LFyeMJCI

The Escapist (outro)

Merchandise

Coldplaying Charity Club Tour Merchandise. All proceeds go to Oxfam Unwrapped.

268863775v16_350x350_Front_Color-CaribbeanBlue.jpg

268868529v16_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

273152429v7_240x240_Front_Color-Black.jpg

268868202v9_240x240_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

Check out the shop for more items and other colours.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

section 229, row 6, seats 1-6

but i know people....so i get to sit in the closest empty spots that tickets werent sold for. which will be hard, because there are 6 people in my group.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^ what??

I'm leaving in the morning... It's a seven hour drive to KC! Our seats are in floor section 6 row 16. My first Coldplay concert! :dance:

Violet Hill> we're in the same section... I guess I'll look for you? hahaha

When cool gets Martinized

80-Coldplay_4_Martin_Jonny_Buckland_11-13-2008_KD1674PI.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Coldplay’s Chris Martin says the key to being cool is … to not be cool?

Chris Martin, Coldplay frontman, husband of Gwyneth Paltrow, father of Moses and Apple, is letting other members do interviews these days. This summer, around the time “Vida la Vida” was released, he did tell the Los Angeles Times some secrets to his success.

“Like millions of people in the world, I can’t listen to Coldplay,” Martin said with a daft wink. “But my reason is professional. You see, I’m always thinking about the next thing. I’m also always looking for something that will inspire the next thing. Look, we’re the one band we can’t plagiarize. So really there’s no point in me listening to it. If I think, ‘Well, that’s good,’ then I’ll want to use it, which won’t work. And if I think, ‘Hey, that’s terrible,’ then I’ll be depressed over breakfast. It’s a classic lose-lose situation.”

If nothing else, Martin has been the first one to pick on himself and his earnest image.

“We’ve never been about being cool, and we never will be. And I think in a way that’s quite cool. But I can’t think about it too much — because if you think about it then you automatically aren’t cool. Wait, I’ve gone too far. I’m not cool. Again.”

No matter what, he knows the band won’t win over a certain constituency that, frankly, has detested it too much and for too long to start listening now. Jon Pareles of the New York Times once called it the “most insufferable band of the decade,” which might say less about the band and more about how fashionable it has become to slag it. Martin said it’s because he wears his heart on his sleeve when he sings.

“If you allow yourself to be vulnerable in your music, people will feel it a lot more,” Martin said. “But a lot more people will also hate it or mock it. It’s almost like a deal with the devil, but I’m happy to take that deal. It doesn’t feel right to me to sing about stuff I don’t believe in.”

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/story/885777.html

Chris Martin and Coldplay bring their piano-rock sounds to KC

925-Coldplay_at_Q_Awards_Joel_Ryan_11-13-2008_KD1674PK.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Coldplay got together at the Q Awards in Britain in October. From left are Will Champion, Jonny Buckland, Chris Martin and Guy Berryman.

Performing in Coldplay — performing in one of the world’s biggest bands — could get comfy. Too comfy, even.

For bassist Guy Berryman, though, the nightly thrill is intact. Even after all the massive stadium shows, all the mega-festivals, stepping on stage still brings a tingle. That rush of blood, you might call it.

“I don’t get nervous anymore. But I still get that great sense of excitement,” he says. “I love that moment right before we go on, that anticipation of the lights coming down. It never tires for me.”

Coldplay is on a global tour supporting “Vida la Vida or Death and All His Friends,” the British band’s fourth album of moody, edge-of-artsy piano rock.

In a year of music industry struggles, the album is a big-time standout, having enjoyed the biggest debut yet for Berryman, vocalist-pianist Chris Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckman and drummer Will Champion: In the United States alone, the album sold 720,000 copies its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan — more than 300,000 of them on the first day.

With sales of the album continuing to pile up, the band has been on the road nearly nonstop since June, including a U.S. summer sprint.

“We’ve got four records now, so we have to get the balance right between the new album and the old songs people want to hear,” he says. “We try to make it as dynamic as possible from beginning to end. It took us awhile — it took most of the first American tour to knock that into shape. The show pretty much runs in the same order now because it’s working.”

A revamped production team has brought a new visual look to Coldplay’s stage production and introduced what Berryman describes as “a few things people haven’t seen before at other concerts.”

For the decade-old band, life on the road is low-key these days. Berryman says he has learned to pace himself to endure the rigors of touring, eschewing the high life in favor of stints in the gym and daily jogs. Hopping from hotel to hotel, spending long stretches in air-conditioned spaces, it’s too easy to get ill. And “it’s not fun having a cold on tour — you can’t call in sick.”

“We destroyed ourselves a few times by not looking after ourselves — partying every night, staying up late,” he says, recalling the band’s early days. “Certainly, for me in particular, we’re really just trying to keep healthy. It’s that age-old thing: healthy body, healthy mind. I’d have laughed at myself a few years ago if I could hear myself saying that. But it’s true.”

Coldplay will wrap up its year of touring with a series of U.K. dates in December. After a month break, the band will regroup in the studio to begin cutting material for a fifth album.

“The plan, in an ideal world, is to have something finished by the end of 2009,” Berryman says.

That would mark a notably fast turnaround for a band that has been known to take its time between records, including three-year gaps between each of its past three albums.

And fans get a treat in the interim: the Nov. 25 release of “Prospekt’s March,” an eight-song EP of material left over from the “Vida” sessions and a new version of the single “Lost,” remixed by fellow A-lister Jay-Z.

Coldplay has been quick to stress that these aren’t throwaway tracks. Indeed, Berryman says, much of the material could have fit seamlessly on “Vida.”

“We didn’t want to make the album too long. We thought the third record was too long, and we didn’t want to make that mistake again. But these songs were too good just to be B-sides on singles,” he says. “It’s kind of meant to be an amendment to ‘Vida la Vida.’ We wanted people to hear that record as a stand-alone first and not bombard them. We’re really proud of it.”

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/story/885784.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coldplay performs at 7:30 tonight at the Sprint Center. Tickets cost $49.50 to $79.50.

ah excited for you guys!

ill tell ya, im addicted to being on these boards when theres a show going on somewhere else... helps my withdrawal symptoms a little bit lol. the other night i told my brother i had to get home quick cuz there was a coldplay show tonight. and hes like "what, youre going to another one!?" and im like "just vicariously" =)

he thinks im crazy.

edit// what's the time difference? im really bad with time zones =\