✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

13-Nov-08: Kansas City - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 09-Jul]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back and it was awesome. Can't recall the entire set list, but it seems to more or less mirror the ones from the previous dates in other cities. They did play a song early on (I don't recall the name) and Chris said something to the effect of "First time in America for that one."

Coolest part was that my wife and I were literally 5 feet from the little stage they set up out in the audience ("The Scientist" performance). Wooooooo!!!! And I got a high-5 from Chris as he ran back to the big stage. :D Got some cool pics on my cell phone camera. Mostly of the backs of their heads, but some profile pictures. Now, if I can just figure out how to get them from my camera to a computer..... :confused:

holy hell that show was fantastic...i was in section 229, the nose bleeds on the top row, as i was going to quicktrip with some friends a guy stopped and asked me "what was coldplay's first album" easy enough, i answered parachutes and he moved me and my 5 friends to the second row on the floor. we went from being unable to see the stage to having chris martin sweat on us. unbelievable night

First time in America for that one."

glass of water

not my video, i found it on youtube (i actually sat closer than this)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nl3NGKKg-w]YouTube - Coldplay Live debut of "Glass of Water" (Best Available Quality!!!)[/ame]

viva la vida really far away but at leeast it's something

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyzJR9x3YIM]YouTube - Viva la Vida live[/ame]

some pics on flickr:

3028470953_1d825fefe3.jpg?v=0

3029305142_53124822dd.jpg?v=0

3028473199_9c00c94e37.jpg?v=0

by ramsey

Woa Tyson AWESOME! and glass of water is on the setlist!!

did they get an extra guitarist?

section 231 ... I'm only a casual fan but I went because I had bought my girlfriend tickets since CP is her favorite band. I was impressed, though, it was fun.

and just a note: SPRINT CENTER IS IN MISSOURI, NOT KANSAS.

not that anyone really cares and I know Coldplay is from England, so I give them a of a pass on this, but there IS a KANSAS CITY IN MISSOURI.

Little known fact: Missouri was the first Kansas City and, because we had so much going on back in the Jazz-era and whatnot, Wyandotte County Kansas actually took the name Kansas City so that people coming from the West would stop in Kansas first, thinking it was Missouri.

Just a little FYI in case Coldplay reads these boards.

repeating myself:

Woa Tyson AWESOME! and glass of water is on the setlist!!

did they get an extra guitarist?

glass of water is definitely on the setlist, but i didn't notice if they had an extra guitarist or not, it was pretty early on and i was still in a bit of shock. i mean i'm obviously a big enough fan to hang around here, and there was one row of seats between me and the stage, it was unbelievable. i'll try to upload pictures later...i have to work in 5 hours.

holy hell that show was fantastic...i was in section 221, the nose bleeds on the top row, as i was going to quicktrip with some friends a guy stopped and asked me "what was coldplay's first album" easy enough, i answered parachutes and he moved me and my 5 friends to the second row on the floor. we went from being unable to see the stage to having chris martin sweat on us. unbelievable night

Wow! That's unreal!!

Thanks for identifying "Glass of Water."