✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a cool wee video. Did anyone else get a flashback to the TV show Mash, at the beginning of it? Probably the helicopter flying over mountains that did it. I like that song and Will's voice, would love to hear more of it. Thank you #42 for the blog, really great. How does that saying go? Erm... I'll dance at your wedding or something like that :)

Roadie #42 - Blog #21

August 9, 2008 9:37 am

#42 reports from Japan

I have to wonder whether it's called "the land of the rising sun" due to most visitors spending their first jetlagged days waking at 5am. Indeed, it was apparently a skewed body clock that had Chris walking round an Osaka park at sunrise when he began writing Lovers In Japan. It's cheesy and obvious, but it's impossible to wander the humid streets and not have the tune as a mental soundtrack.

Humid, now there's a thing. It's hot here. Not the ant-under-a-magnifying-glass hot of desert festivals like Coachella or Austin City Limits, but a special kind of oppressive clammy heat that the East specializes in. Walking out of the air conditioned oasis of the hotel converts you from a smartly dressed tourist to a wrung-out-damp-cloth in under a minute. The locals of course, take it all in their stride. They are slender and superlatively healthy. Us? We simply gasp for shade and pour bottles of water down our necks as fast as we can find vending machines to provide them. Besides the heat, I always forget how fragrant Japan can be. Even in the hyper-dense city, tiny well-tended gardens are everywhere - most pleasant.

Before soundman Dan Green and I head for the Bullet Train for the Summersonic Festival in Osaka, I dive out for a little shopping. I congratulate myself on negotiating the subway alone only to find upon arrival at Yodobashi (camera and general gadget mecca) that I've left my credit card in the ATM near the hotel. In all honesty, it's probably for the best, as whoever finds it wont spend nearly as much as I would have....

JapSubwayMap.jpg

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=96

Newsreel: Four new US shows announced

August 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Band to play Boston, DC, Philly and Atlanta

Good afternoon. We're pleased to be able to reveal that Coldplay have confirmed four more shows in the US of A. They are as follows:

Wed Oct 29 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Gardens (on sale Fri August 15 at 10am here)

Fri Oct 31 - Washington DC - Verizon Center (on sale Fri August 15 at 10am here)

Sat Nov 1 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (on sale Mon August 18 at 10am here)

Wed Nov 5 - Altanta, GA - Phillips Arena (on sale Sat August 16 at noon here)

Anchorman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG, another Boston show, I can't believe it!

I was looking at those dates and seriously thinking that it might work better to try to get down to Philly or DC on a weekend rather than try and cram in a Wednesday night concert in Boston where I have to drag my ass to work the next day.

*sigh* This must mean I truly am addicted.

peggy.jpgNewsreel: Second Xfm show

August 12, 2008 11:10 am

Band make another radio show

news_line.png

Good morning. We can confirm that the second of Coldplay's radio shows for London station Xfm is now available to listen to online, here. During it, the band attempt to telephone their arch enemy Mr Simon Pegg. Sadly, he refuses to take the call.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=98&page=0

News Update

mtv.jpg

Newsreel: MTV VMAs

August 13, 2008 11:46 am

Let the voting commence

news_line.png

Good morning. It has been brought to our attention that the public voting for the 2008 Music Television Video Music Awards is underway. You may now cast your vote for Best Rock Video, Best UK Video and Video Of The Year - all of which feature Coldplay in the list of nominations. Curiously, however, the band have been excluded from the Best Dancing In A Video category.

Anchorman

^ I think he's quite funny! :P (sometimes.... hehe)

And he's correct in subtly pointing out that they should have been nominated for best dancing in a video.

Even though Chris said on the Today Show: "Our dancing is more about enthusiasm than talent!" :)

I don't like Anchorman, I've decided. :P

He's not as funny as he thinks he is.

I like r#42 better...

I think anchorman is Vicky the PA... she said somewhere here absolute favorite movie ever is anchorman, and she always has little posts sorta service announcements which I think are a typical PA thing..

Nah, no way. Vicky won't have anything to do with the website, that will be run by a completely separate team. And even if she did I don't think she'd be that sarcastic, she's the "nicest woman you'll ever meet" according to Chris.

Judging by the tone of the announcements I definitely think it's a guy.