✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsreel: An appeal to Wikipedia enthusiasts

July 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Fortis est veritas

Good afternoon. It has been brought to our attention that the Wikipedia article on hard-living rock combo Coldplay is not as accurate as it could be. For starters, it was Mr Tim Crompton who first suggested the name Coldplay, not Mr Tim Rice-Oxley. Also, the song featuring Miss Kylie Minogue is called Lhuna, not Lunar, and is not confirmed to be on the band's next album. Furthermore, eagled-eyed readers of the band's album sleevenotes (or, indeed, their MySpace page) will have noted that Coldplay officially have five members - with the mysterious Mr Phil Harvey making up the quintet. The band would, we're told, be enormously grateful if these inaccuracies could be corrected, so that they don't keep having to answer questions about them.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=80

______

Oh, it's Lhuna, didn't know that x_x I have a few corrections to make... :embarassed:

anyone from the chicago area know what competition he was talking about?? we need to find the winners so we can hear about this exclusive new song they heard!
Some where wearing Best Buy passes and some bracelets I'm guessing from a local radio station. The sound check compo was right after we met the guys and when we got around to the other side of the building we see all these people and went to check out what was going on. We talked to one guy who said he won by registering when he bought the CD (Best Buy) and wasn't even going to the concert. :dozey: Mel was gonna ask if we could please go in....and I said tell them Jonny and Guy said we could. :P The guy we were talking to said they didn't ask for IDs, just go tell them a common name like Smith and maybe you'll get in. Security was looking at us , so we ended up leaving to go eat.

new blog baby!

Roadie #42 - Blog #15

July 26, 2008 7:22 am

#42 reports from Philly

I only realise that today is a Friday when I head out of the venue in the afternoon and see the first of the 'tailgaters' setting up in the parking lot. This is something that doesn't seem to happen in Europe - maybe it's the weather. For the uninitiated, what happens is that folks arrive way early for the show and have a barbeque / picnic / party out of the backs of their cars - all getting into the spirit of things with music blaring from the car stereo. This should mean that by the time the band are on, they'll be on fine fine form.

And indeed they are!

(insert video)

When the guys got to the end of the first attempt at The Scientist in the acoustic section a few days agoin Chicago, Chris claimed it was the first time they'd ever tried playing it that way "and would very likely be the last". Seems that perseverance has paid off!

There's another "mad-dash-extra-encore" tonight. This time, Green Eyes followed by The Dubliners. Tonight, The Dubliners is shortened to a whip-fast super-compact length and is all the better for it. It's a nice mad blast that's over in a blink. It makes the perfect blow out to close proceedings and the fellas wave their goodbyes and are gone.

Me, I'm back with the crew for a few days, as we head off for the Pemberton festival. It seems somehow fitting. I turned 30 leaving this venue in the back of a tourbus some years ago. My wonderful friends (the same ones I'm travellingwith this evening) converted the back lounge of the bus into a most excellent Hawaiian bar. I still have the fantastically tasteless shirt somewhere. The Margarita hangover, thankfully is some way behind me. I can't vouch for how the day off tomorrow is going to turn out, however...