✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks

btw ,love Your sig twisted clocks

when did chris say the"wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee''quote??

thats so cute.:kiss:

thanks! :D

ummmm not sure, i just remember writing it down and i found the piece of paper a few days ago hehe.

prob from the quote thread.

where did the caption thread go? :confused: that was good fun haha.

news for coldplay.com

French TV appearance

June 24, 2008 10:51 am

Coldplay special on French TV this week

frenchflag.jpg

news_line.png

As you'll have gathered from Roadie #42's blogs, we played some songs for French TV in Paris last week. They will be broadcast on channel W9 on Friday, June 27th and on channel M6 on Saturday, July 5th. Please check les local listings for exact times.

**lolo**

French TV appearance(suite Roadie #42's blogs)

news from coldplay.com...

frenchflag.jpg

Paris%20Press-3.jpg

French TV appearance

June 24, 2008 10:51 am

Coldplay special on French TV this week

news_line.png

As you'll have gathered from Roadie #42's blogs, we played some songs for French TV in Paris last week. They will be broadcast on channel W9 on Friday, June 27th and on channel M6 on Saturday, July 5th. Please check les local listings for exact times.

news_line.png

in french language

Comme vous aurez recueillies auprès Roadie # 42 de blogs, nous avons joué quelques chansons pour la télévision française à Paris la semaine dernière. Ils seront diffusés sur la chaîne W9 le vendredi, Juin 27 et sur la chaîne M6 le samedi, Juillet 5e. S’il vous plaît vérifier les listes locales pour les horaires exacts.

**lolo**

tv.jpgUS TV appearances

June 24, 2008 11:19 pm

We've got a few coming up

news_line.png

You can see us on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tomorrow (June 25th), then on the Today show on NBC this coming Friday (June 27th). We're also on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC on July 17th.

Shearwater to open on US shows

June 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Austin band join us for first four dates

news_line.png

We're pleased to announce that Austin ornithologists Shearwater will be joining us for the first four shows of the US tour, in LA (twice), San Jose and Las Vegas.

I've never heard of them, here's their myspace page though if you want to listen to some of their music: http://www.myspace.com/shearwater

42e.jpg

Roadie #42 - Blog #7

June 25, 2008 2:50 pm

R#42's thoughts on the MSG show

news_line.png

Well there we go. It's done.

Madison Square Garden is, in many ways, just an arena. The way it's talked about in touring circles though, you'd believe it was only one small step down from doing a show on another planet. The weight of expectation and history is simply huge. Even amongst us, this concert has been talked about in hushed, concerned tones since rumours of this free show were first heard.

Monday's gig was not perfect. In fact, there were gremlins tap-dancing merrily at regular intervals. In many ways though, that's exactly the point. The early days of this band are remembered by many for Chris's habit of constantly apologising throughout gigs. Here they are taking on one of the most prestigious venues in the entire world, cheerfully announcing that there will be mistakes and that things aren't nearly ready yet.

Maybe this marks the point at which the fear, the apologising and the bumbling lack of confidence are behind them. Squaring up to such an imposing and 'grown up' venue and approaching it like a club warm-up show demonstrates a level of nerve I don't believe I've seen before.

"We've got some incredible balls" quoth CM.

Indeed they do.

R#42

Roadie #42 - Blog #8

June 28, 2008 11:00 am

R#42 blogs amid crazy scenes in NYC

news_line.png

I had yesterday pegged as just another TV show all the way up to about 6am. Just as the sun came up, it began to dawn on me just how amazing this was going to be. I can't remember anything like it in my whole time working for the band. The first Jimmy Kimmel show in 2002 was pretty amazing, but even that was just closing down Hollywood Boulevard. Here, there was major disruption to traffic on two different NYC streets, in front of and behind the stage. There were also folks hanging out of the skyscrapers that loomed above us, trying to get a look in.

I think the fact that it was an obscene hour of the morning made me a little slower to realise how beautifully strange it all was. It was only when Chris did a quick re-write of the 'shoot an apple...' line from 'Clocks' in the soundcheck ("too early to be out of bed...") that I even remembered that it was still some ungodly hour. This sideways sleep-deprived view obviously wasn't just limited to me, as 'Violet Hill' came towards the end, Chris stopped singing and spotted a young lad with a pretty hefty bandage and sling. "Wow, what happened to your arm, man?" he enquired as the track carried on below him. "Your brother hit you with a stick?".

The soundcheck stopped and started as commercial breaks allow. The setlist went through so many changes that the final version was brought out (after at least half a dozen revisions) by Tour Manager Andy Franks, literally scrawled on the back of a napkin. More run-throughs were squeezed in and nobody seemed to know whether we were actually still rehearsing or live on air. It was gorgeous chaos, wonderful nonsense - and then it was over. The band waved, thanked everyone and ducked back out. Me? I headed off to find a diner...

R#42

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=56

Coldplay:Roadie #42 - Blog #8

Roadie #42 - Blog #8

June 28, 2008 11:00 am

R#42 blogs amid crazy scenes in NYC

news_line.png

I had yesterday pegged as just another TV show all the way up to about 6am. Just as the sun came up, it began to dawn on me just how amazing this was going to be. I can't remember anything like it in my whole time working for the band. The first Jimmy Kimmel show in 2002 was pretty amazing, but even that was just closing down Hollywood Boulevard. Here, there was major disruption to traffic on two different NYC streets, in front of and behind the stage. There were also folks hanging out of the skyscrapers that loomed above us, trying to get a look in.

I think the fact that it was an obscene hour of the morning made me a little slower to realise how beautifully strange it all was. It was only when Chris did a quick re-write of the 'shoot an apple...' line from 'Clocks' in the soundcheck ("too early to be out of bed...") that I even remembered that it was still some ungodly hour. This sideways sleep-deprived view obviously wasn't just limited to me, as 'Violet Hill' came towards the end, Chris stopped singing and spotted a young lad with a pretty hefty bandage and sling. "Wow, what happened to your arm, man?" he enquired as the track carried on below him. "Your brother hit you with a stick?".

The soundcheck stopped and started as commercial breaks allow. The setlist went through so many changes that the final version was brought out (after at least half a dozen revisions) by Tour Manager Andy Franks, literally scrawled on the back of a napkin. More run-throughs were squeezed in and nobody seemed to know whether we were actually still rehearsing or live on air. It was gorgeous chaos, wonderful nonsense - and then it was over. The band waved, thanked everyone and ducked back out. Me? I headed off to find a diner...

R#42

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

news_line.png

coldplay:Videos of the Today Show performance

Videos of the Today Show performance

July 3, 2008 12:13 pm

Watch last Friday's NYC breakfast gig

11.jpg

news_line.png

Click here to check out some videos from our Today Show performance in NYC last Friday morning. It was early, but it was great.

Coldplay

**lolo**

Pics from last month's Wembley show

July 4, 2008 2:10 pm

Photos from our friends and family warm-up

news_line.png

We thought you might like to see some pictures from the warm-up show at Wembley Arena which we played for friends and family on June 17th.

_E5K0921.jpg

_E5K1287.jpg

_E5K1366.jpg

_E5K1461lighter.jpg

_E5K1514.jpg

_E5K1543.jpg

_E5K1576.jpg

_E5K1609.jpg

_E5K1709.jpg

_E5K1761.jpg

_E5K1922.jpg

(Thanks to Penny Howle for the pics)