✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Ross show tonight

June 13, 2008 9:57 am

Check out some chat show tuneage

news_line.png

If you're in the UK, you can watch us on performing Violet Hill and Viva La Vida on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross tonight at 10.35pm on BBC1. If you miss it, it'll be on the BBC iPlayer for seven days. For those of you outside the UK, we'll be posting some pictures from the recording in the next day or two...

Roadie #42 - Blog #2

June 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Roadie #42 crashes the Barcelona press conference

news_line.png

17.6.08 - Barcelona

The crew is running entirely on espresso today. I sneak along to the press conference in a nearby swanky hotel. When we get to the rather impressive and imposing foyer, there is a gent in a suit at a grand piano playing a lounge jazz version of Trouble. Given my level of sleep deprivation, it seems wonderfully twisted. Lord only knows how the band manage to be so affable and approachable throughout. The wit and good humour flows and soon the press conference is done. Just a gig to do and a flight back to London. See you at the BBC!

Roadie #42

Barcelona--1.jpg

Barcelona--2.jpg

Barcelona--3.jpg

Barcelona--4.jpg

Barcelona--5.jpg

Barcelona--6.jpg

Barcelona--7.jpg

Barcelona--8.jpg

Barcelona--9.jpg

Barcelona--10.jpg

button1-share.gif back

Miller makes the most sense. He's the one with all the camera who likes to document everything.

Barcelona--5.jpg

Never been as big on Guy as some of the loons on here over the years, but.... :speechless:

I dare you girls to still say you still don't like that hair and that earring. :P

Roadie #42 - Blog #4

June 22, 2008 2:37 pm

#42 sends pics from Paris

news_line.png

Well that was one of the more intense weeks I've had in this game. To be honest, these promo shows have wiped us all right out. The thousand-yard stare has been replaced with the utter 'man down' exhaustion where merely being awake and having to function feels like cruel and unusual punishment. We're off for a few days to get home, do some laundry and then pinball off to New York. Nobody said it was easy! ;-)

In the meantime, here's some photos from Paris TV day this week. Note Mr. Berryman being admonished for leaving his iPhone on during an interview!

R#42

Paris%20Press-1.jpg

Paris%20Press-2.jpg

Paris%20Press-3.jpg

Paris%20Press-4.jpg

Paris%20Press-5.jpg

Paris%20Press-6.jpg

Paris%20Press-7.jpg

Paris%20Press-8.jpg

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=47

Roadie #42 - Blog #5

June 23, 2008 10:08 am

More Paris pics from #42

news_line.png

I expect I'm either on a Plane to NYC, or in the back of a truck at MSG as you read this. Couple more from Paris for you. First, the Q&A session..

Paris%20Q_A-7.jpg

Paris%20Q_A-8.jpg

Paris%20Q_A-9.jpg

And here's the fellas giving it some to a crowd of Parisians. Capital city crowds can occasionally be a little 'too cool'. None of that here though, this lot were bonkers!

Paris%20Gig-1.jpg

Paris%20Gig-2.jpg

Paris%20Gig-3.jpg

Paris%20Gig-4.jpg

Paris%20Gig-5.jpg

R#42

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=49

Well that was one of the more intense weeks I've had in this game. To be honest, these promo shows have wiped us all right out. The thousand-yard stare has been replaced with the utter 'man down' exhaustion where merely being awake and having to function feels like cruel and unusual punishment. We're off for a few days to get home, do some laundry and then pinball off to New York. Nobody said it was easy! ;-)

I could have written the exact same thing about the last month trying to get tickets for the gigs and then actually going :D Everything fits perfectly except the New York bit haha.

Roadie #42 - Blog #6

June 23, 2008 7:44 pm

#42 blogs from inside MSG

news_line.png

"Sleep satisfies" a friend of mine once said. He's not kidding! I arrived in NYC a couple of days ago and spent the entire day yesterday in bed. Refreshed and recharged, I roll into Madison Square Garden at 10am to find that things are looking in great shape. No surprise really, as there's been some very hard-working folks in here since midnight! Many of them are the new American sound, light and video crews who have never even seen this show, let alone put it together. Combine this with the pressure that a NYC show brings and you have to hand it to these guys - they've already done a great job.

The band are in at 2.30 for soundcheck, so I'd better get my skates on. I'll get back to you later.

R#42

MSG1.jpg

MSG1-2.jpg

MSG1-3.jpg

MSG1-4.jpg