✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lovers in Japan/ Death and all his friends/ greys anatomy song discussion thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"most resembles the familiar wistful Coldplay style. " Says Entertainment Weekly of Lover's in Japan.
Yep, and you've heard it too, havn't you? :D

So I don't know what all the confusion is about, although Debs outright DENYING its not that song sounds a little fishy to me. No one has posted evidence yet either. We'll have to wait and see, i guess :dozey:

yea who actually heard that from debs? thats the main reason im doubting it along with the description in Q magazine. it's definately not death and all his friends though. idk i just dont see it fitting on this album... but i guess i have to have the whole thing until i can make that judgement. i dont love it now but i do have a feeling that when i hear it around all the other songs it might click. i'll just have to wait oh... 23 more days! haha

^Well, 18 days, because thats when it comes out here, and it would be all over the internet at that point. I just wish someone would provide evidence for this Debs claim, and since no one has done so (and I can't check myself because i registered to the old forum a long time ago and forgot my username :dozey:) I'm skeptical. And Andrew here, who has heard the album already, says its not DAAHF (which is what most of us think) and that it IS in fact Lovers In Japan... and so does that Locust7 guy, who gave us an early review of Violet Hill and obviously has inside information.

If only Debs would give a straight answer for once. *sigh*.

Personally i really like the song, bearing in mind its been edited for sure, to fit the show. But I'm also thinking it has to be heard in the context of the album to be fully appreciated, so roll on June 12th! (or a leak :P)

hahahah, Debs, nice.

way to keep us on the edge.

it's beautiful, that song, whatever it's called.

How about this:

Lovers with Death and all his Friends in Japan.

Tad morose, isn't it?

Jeez, Coldplay, I knew you wanted to go in a new direction, but SHEESH.

It is Lovers In Japan

Quote:Originally Posted by
Famous Old Painter;2349798

Andrew, what is the name of this song? It says Lovers In Japan but apparently it's not. Can you shed some light if you remember?

Pay no attention to what some have been saying then. That is Lovers In Japan.

user_offline.gifreport.gif quote.gif

^This was posted by everybodystilllovesandrew who actually listened to the album at a private hearing. He would know, so trust him, it is Lovers In Japan. Case closed.

Locust7 also says it's Lovers in Japan. He's given us heaps of info so far and none of it has been false so far!

And as said above, Andrew also says it's Lovers in Japan. I'll put 50 Monopoly dollars on it being Lovers in Japan.

Dont know why Debs is denying it though, maybe she means it's not the album version of LIJ? In which case she'd be correct.

lovers in japan has done something to me..

is it just me.... maybe it is... its very possible.... but the song lovers in japan gives me a sort of feeling coldplay hasnt ever given me before.

And this is coming from someone who has had a lot of different emotions come out that i didnt even realise exsisted while listening....!

i may be crazy

or just in love with their music...

either or is fine actually... cant wait for the rest ...wow

I sure as hell don't care about the title of this track, I just hope it's not on the album. What do you do with 3 dull uninspired pieces ? Well, you obviously can't record a whole song with any of these parts so you go get some glue and make a collage. Result : a rickety artificial song.

then what about the two words of the lyrics "you're on" which you can see just below the title LOVERS IN JAPAN at the top-left of the artwork thing on coldplay.com...

ok i might be crazy but i just went back and TRIPLE checked and i still don't see the words 'lovers in japan' anywhere on that artwork.... screenshot please?