✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lovers in Japan/ Death and all his friends/ greys anatomy song discussion thread

i know people have come on here confirming that this song IS lovers in japan but im still not sure... it says in that Q magazine synopsis from last week that this song is a 'joyous indie-pop sparkler'. idk about you guys but i really wouldnt describe it like that!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's an edited version of Lovers in Japan now (2 vs 1), there's no way it's Death and All His Friends anyway.

I think they cut off the Reign Of Love bit and faded it out at the end of Lovers In Japan, and extended it to fit around the episode. If you listen carefully there are some bad edits which the Grey's Anatomy dialouge would've covered up.

i know people have come on here confirming that this song IS lovers in japan but im still not sure... it says in that Q magazine synopsis from last week that this song is a 'joyous indie-pop sparkler'. idk about you guys but i really wouldnt describe it like that!

i was thinking exactly the same thing. but locust said so, and he's never let us down before, so i'm reluctant to question it

i think what's throwing me off about this song, apart from the poor quality (through no fault of those who recorded it, to whom i'm grateful for their ingenious effort of removing most traces of grey's from it), is the way it has been choped and changed to suit the scene in the show. i'm sure it will sound 1000000x better on the album.

And from the Grey's Anatomy website:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index?pn=musicguide#t=86553

TITLE: Death And All His Friends

PERFORMER: Coldplay

So, it appears the song is Death and All His Friends most probably.......

It's defiantly not Death and all his friends.

Death starts very abruptly and is much faster from the get go. It's Lovers in japan.

It;s a poorly edited version for the sake of Grey's Anatomy, the ending goes on for a bit more.. then silence... then Chris counts in Reign of Love :)

Just thought I'd settle the debate.

are you saying this because you KNOW

or because that's what you THINK.

because, I'm sure that ABC knows the title of the track they've had to pay for to use.

and besides, how do you know it's not death and all his freinds?

it could be.

I wish people wouldn't say "it's deifnitely not this or that"

because we don't know.

we won't know until we've heard the album

It's defiantly not Death and all his friends.

Death starts very abruptly and is much faster from the get go. It's Lovers in japan.

It;s a poorly edited version for the sake of Grey's Anatomy, the ending goes on for a bit more.. then silence... then Chris counts in Reign of Love :)

Just thought I'd settle the debate.

...and you know this how?

Hm, that's odd. Why would Debs say it isn't Lovers in Japan?

Exactly. Debs has always been a source of very reliable information. If she clearly stated that the song on Grey's Anatomy was not Lovers in Japan, then I see no reason to doubt her. Granted, she has not said what the title of the track is, but on the old Coldplay.com forum the consensus is that the track is Death and All His Friends, and Debs has not corrected anyone except a poster who said the track on Grey's Anatomy was actually Lover's in Japan, not Death and All His Friends.

Do you think perhaps some of the track that was on Grey's Anatomy is the Escapist? Isn't it supposed to directly follow Death and All His Friends on the cd?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, really. It's just that I see no reason for Debs to be posting incorrect information on the old Coldplay.com forum. She obviously felt she should correct the person who thought the track was LIJ..... And I'm sure Debs has heard the new cd. At any rate, like I said before, in a few weeks we'll all know for 100% sure what the song on Grey's Anatomy was.... I'll stop arguing the point now! :confused:

hmm that's interesting that Debs said that. I don't think it's lovers in japan but i don't think it's death and all his friends either (because of the lyrics we've seen and there is no 'coldplay choir' in this song!). in my opinion it's a random b-side... maybe postcards? idk im obviously just completelyyy guessing but i just DONT think its lovers. it sounds too much like 'old coldplay' for them to put this on this album in my opinion. hmmm

yea but theyre talking about viva la vida and violet hill which have been available for awhile now. it's weird because in that new note on the news section on coldplay.com it says the album title is viva la vida or death and all ITS friends (not his friends).

hmm that's interesting that Debs said that. I don't think it's lovers in japan but i don't think it's death and all his friends either (because of the lyrics we've seen and there is no 'coldplay choir' in this song!). in my opinion it's a random b-side... maybe postcards? idk im obviously just completelyyy guessing but i just DONT think its lovers. it sounds too much like 'old coldplay' for them to put this on this album in my opinion. hmmm

but why are the lyrics from this song on one of those pictures which is a sneak peek from the CD booklet (as on coldplay.com)...

it's weird because in that new note on the news section on coldplay.com it says the album title is viva la vida or death and all ITS friends (not his friends).
They probably changed the title cos fans (or maybe just conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:) are saying "death" is actually Phil