• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becky...

First of all...

GREAT English.

Second of all...

GREEEEEEEEEEAT review! ;)

:kiss::kiss::kiss:Thaaaank you :flutterby:

oh, and 30% of my IMP video are already uploaded... and I made screen captures of my videos and I`m trying to put them on flickr :smug:

Ihre Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch

Okay, here is my review, I hope you get what I`m saying because I´m a just 15-year old German girl that can`t speak real English ;)

I went to this concert with my cousin and we arrived at 7.00h in Mannheim. There were really many people standing outside, but the arena was quite empty as we took our seats. We had seats on the right side of the stage (the perfect seats for a Jonny fan <3) and a quite good view.

The band playing before Coldplay was Albert Hammond Jr. (at least I think so, I`m not sure ;) ). They were quite good but nothing special. After they left the stage, more people came in to the sold out arena and the crowd began to clap and scream and I was excited as hell :)

And then they came. Because I stood right to the stage I could see them even if they were standing behind the curtainJ. Unluckily the people next to me were boring, and so I was the only one standing and dancing the whole time. Life in Technicolor was great, the band was full of energy and they rocked instantly after they appeared on stage!

The next song was Violet Hill. The huge album cover was displayed behind them and everything was lighted in blue when the curtain was lift up. Clocks was great as usual, at first with red light, later with green spotlights. The following song was In my place and Chris was jumping all over the stage. Jonny walked to the small stage on the left. Chris said something like: “ Everybody okay? Thank you for coming out to the Coldplay concert on Tuesday evening, this is my best friend Jonny Buckland” and he…well…touched Jonny ;) Then he lay on the ground while Jonny was playing above him :D <3

The next song was Cemeteries of London. I really hoped they would play it, because it`s one of my favourite song of VLV. J They used the magic balls the first time ( the big one in the middle was shining like a mirror ball), and everything was lighted in blue. I don`t understand why they didn`t play the song at the beginning of the tour, it´s amazing in the live version.

Yellow was following, and Chris was again jumping around. The big screen behind them showed Chris singing now and the end he asked the crowd:” Are you okay over there? Are you okay over there? Are okay down here?” again and again in every direction and said “Dankeschön” (Thank you).

The next song was 42, my favourite song of the album <3. Now not only the big screen but also the magic balls showed Chris singing at the slow part of the song. Then the stage was lighted in red and the screen showed all four band members in turn.

Speed of Sound followed and the whole crowed clapped. The magic balls shined in all colours and looked like they would spin. Chinese Sleep Chant is amazing live, too. The lights were all yellow and Chris stood near Guy while playing acoustic guitar (unfortunately I couldn`t see Chris kissing him, like some people said L ).

The next song was God put a smile upon your face with a crazy but cool guitar riff from Jonny. I`ve never heard the song in this version, but it`s great! Yes followed, as good as I expected it to be.

Then Chris went to the small stage on the left side of the main stage and played a wonderful acoustic version of Talk. I`d say it was better than the original version. He changed into Hardest Part, also acoustic and really beautiful. At the end he played a melody I´ve never heard before, it sounded like classical music and now I`ve got told that it was Postcards from far away (thanks to Lauve), but the song didn´t have lyrics :(

Chris stood up and began to sing Lost! And ask the crowd to get up, clap, sing and dance with him. Viva la vida wasthe next song, amazing (with a dancing Chris) as usual. The crowd loved the song and everybody sang the chorus as loud as they could. And they didn´t stop to sing while the band went to the back of the arena to play an acoustic version of the Scientist ( the band had to wait until the crowd stopped singing). Unluckily I couldn`t see them anymore L. Death will never conquer followed and I have to admit that Will is a great singer, he has a lovely voice!

The band came back to the main stage in the dark and we could hear an incredible version of Talk that sounded a bit like techno to me. Politik was the next song. The big magic ball in the middle looked like the earth while everything around was dark – beautiful. Lovers in Japan started in violet light and with this strange film on the screen behind the stage. Everyone went crazy when the butterflies came down the first time, the second kind of butterflies shone in the dark. :flutterby:

The next song was Death an all his friends with a big“Viva”on the screen. Chris said:” Thank you for this Tuesday evening” and the rest can`t be described with words ;) . The band took a bow, went behind the stage and came back with Fix you. Chris jumped and ran around like he was crazy and the crowd was blown away. At the end Chris said: ” Bis bald!” (See you soon). The escapist was the final song and while Chris was singing, the magic ball showed the Oxfam logo.

Everybody got out the arena quickly, some people where still singing Viva la Vida, and I went down to the floor to get me a few butterflies. Outside the arena many people stood in front of the merchandising shop (me too) and bought t-shirts. I got a Shirt for 30 € (everything was extremely expensive L), a poster and the wonderful Tourbook with amazing pictures J. When we got back to our car, the people were still singing!

Okay, this should be the correct track listing:

1)Life in Technicolor

2)Violet Hill

3)Clocks

4)In my Place (Chris and Jonny love :sneaky:)

5)Cemeteries of London

6) Yellow (Chris freaks out at the end...amazing)

7)42

8) Speed of Sound (great light show with the magic balls:) )

9)Chinese Sleep Chant

10) God put a smile upon your face (amazing version:stunned:)

11)Yes

12)Talk (acoustic version with chris alone on the piano)

13) Hardest Part (with an ending that sound like classical music, really beautiful:wacky:)

14) Lost

15)Viva la vida (the crowd goes crazy)

16) Scientist (the crowd continues singing vlv at first :) on a small stage at the other side of the arena)

17) Death will never conquer (will singing)

(18)Talk (in a techno version while the band go back to the main stage))

19) Politik

20)Lovers in Japan

21) Death and all his friends

22) Fix you (Chris runs and jumps all over the stage)

23) The escapist

thankyou! :)

thankyou! :)

Oh dear, I forgot Postcards from far away :inquisitive: sorry, Ian!

Here is the correct track lilsting:

1)Life in Technicolor

2)Violet Hill

3)Clocks

5)Cemeteries of London

7)42

9)Chinese Sleep Chant

11)Yes

13) Hardest Part (with an ending that sound like classical music, really beautiful:wacky:)

14) Lost

16) Scientist (the crowd continues singing vlv at first :) on a small stage at the other side of the arena)

19) Politik

20)Lovers in Japan

23) The escapist

1)Life in Technicolor

2)Violet Hill

3)Clocks

5)Cemeteries of London

7)42

9)Chinese Sleep Chant

11)Yes

14) Lost

19) Politik

20)Lovers in Japan

23) The escapist

Thanks!

1)Life in Technicolor

2)Violet Hill

3)Clocks

5)Cemeteries of London

7)42

9)Chinese Sleep Chant

11)Yes

14) Lost

19) Politik

20)Lovers in Japan

23) The escapist

where does postcards go?

Postcards was played at the end of The Hardest Part (also solo acoustic piano by Chris). It's what Becky nicely described as ending that sounded like classical music :-)

Another information: The webpage of the German newspaper "Spiegel" features a two minute video with short clips from the concert and interviews with fans in the arena! Might not only be interesting for the German speaking part of this forum ;-)

http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-35550.html

where does postcards go?

1)Life in Technicolor

2)Violet Hill

3)Clocks

4)In my Place

5)Cemeteries of London

6) Yellow

7)42

8) Speed of Sound

9)Chinese Sleep Chant

10) God put a smile upon your face

11)Yes

12)Talk

13) Hardest Part

14) Postcards from far away

15)Lost!

16)Viva la vida

17) Scientist

18) Death will never conquer

(19)Talk )

20) Politik

21)Lovers in Japan

22) Death and all his friends

23) Fix you

24) The escapist

Nun war es endlich soweit! Der 2. September ist gekommen und Coldplay sind zu Gast in der SAP Arena in Mannheim mit ihrer “Viva La Vida” Tour. In der ausverkauften SAP Arena, welche ca. 11.000 Besucher fasste, bot sich ein einzigartiges Bild. Die Show, die Coldplay hier ablieferte war grandios! Diese Band, bzw. deren Bild- und Tontechniker, versteht es wirklich Musik, Licht und Bühnenbild so zu kombinieren, wie ich es vorher noch nie gesehen habe. Das Konzert an sich war eine Zeitreise durch alle Coldplay-Alben, währen die Band ihre Hits von “Clocks” bis “Viva La Vida” spielte.

Beim Intro, nachdem sich der Saal verdunkelt hatte und eine Art halbdurchlässiger Vorhang vor der Bühne hing, kam die Band auf die Bühne, wurde von hinten mit Scheinwerfern bestrahlt und man konnte nur ihre Silhouette sehen. Die perfekte Inszenierung wurde auch durch “Kugeln” unterstützt, auf die von innen verschiedene Videos projeziert wurden (”Bsp. Publikum, oder gar ganze Filme”). Der Höhepunkt jedoch war während des Liedes “Lovers in Japan”, bei dem auf das Publikum ein Regen aus tausenden Papierschmetterlingen nieder ging.

Coldplay hat gezeigt, dass diese Band mit Effekten spielt und so eine Vorstellung abgab, welche ich mir nicht besser hätte vorstellen können. Der hohe Eintrittspreis hat sich eindeutig gelohnt, und ich würde es auf jeden Fall immer wieder tun!

http://johfloh.de/?p=69

My shift has finished so translation will have to wait :D

Postcards was played at the end of The Hardest Part (also solo acoustic piano by Chris). It's what Becky nicely described as ending that sounded like classical music :-)

Another information: The webpage of the German newspaper "Spiegel" features a two minute video with short clips from the concert and interviews with fans in the arena! Might not only be interesting for the German speaking part of this forum ;-)

http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-35550.html

Thank you for this link:)

I never thought this band would ever bring tears to my eyes so fastly again....but when I watched this video and there was the beginning of clocks I was actually crying....oh God....

I wanna seeeeee them...:bigcry: