✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Oct-2008: The Ahoy, Rotterdam - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

Amazing night folks! Here's the setlist, little review is coming up.

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (partial - techno version)

Trouble (partial, Chris)

Amsterdam (partial, Chris)

The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

Yellow

The Escapist

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little review, amazing night! Chris welcomed everybody with a warm "Dank je wel vrienden", dutch for "Thank you friends" and it was the start of a cool night.

After a small part of talk Chris asked people what they wanted to hear. Someone screamed Trouble, and Chris started right away. After that he started playing a bit of Amsterdam, although he forget the lines.. it was actually funny.

The acoustic version of The Scientist was also a moment of "Oh shit". He wanted to sing something else while te crowd was singing it correctly.. Chris laughed and respond that the crowd knew the lines better than him.

At the end of the show Chris said they were going to do something they never done before. Chris called one of the guys who walk with Heineken beer in the crowd onto the stage, and he ordered beer for the whole band. They started playing Yellow as end of the first night in Rotterdam!

oke, we had to wait long before they came on stage, with the lights on there was some music on the background. That became louder and louder. It was a wals (is that the right word in English?) anyway, it was Strauss :stunned: and it became harder and harder, the oudiance was waving with it en than the lights went out, and there they were.

The setting was really great with big balls in the air, which later on were used as "screens" really cool. Halfway or so, they were sitting in the back on the 1st floor tribune in the middle of the fans. It was in the back where you don't have good places. They played 2 (I think) acoustic songs there.

Then they went back on stage and hit the roof!!!!

They only came back with one song, that was a pitty I thought.

Anyways, had a great night, wish I could go again tomorrow!

p.s. sorry if my English is not so good.

om 11:00 langsgereden en er stonden nog steeds diezelfde 5 mensen

ik denk dus als je rond 12:00 gaat staan je nog redelijke kans hebt om vooraan te staan

Suc6 morgen !!! :dance: en hopelijk een beetje mooi weer

bedankt!

I''m not gonna read the rest of this thread! it's really hard but I want to be surprised so I;m turning off my computer right after this message!

I just know it will be amazing!

you'll read my review tomorrow!

Awesome night with a great setlist, great impromptu moments and a band playing with much pleasure. Chris has a bit of a cold I think, 'cause he sounded not really good at the begin during some songs...

Oh yeah. On the setlist there was 'The Dubliners / Prospekt's March' after Yellow, but they didn't play either of them. Maybe tomorrow. I'm for a 3 in a row (2, 3 and 4 oktober), so you'll be hearing from me again!

Cheers,

Yevgeni

I still dont understand the whole partial songs thing... especially when they end up counting as full songs on a set-list, cause that means the show could be much longer if they played their songs all the way...