✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Oct-2008: The Ahoy, Rotterdam - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

Chris buying drinks for the boys plus some Yellow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shWWbswAwsY]YouTube - Coldplay Ahoy 02-10-08 Yellow[/ame]

The Scientist:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2GrPcLHIks]YouTube - Coldplay The Scientist live Ahoy[/ame]

GPASUYF:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuSVj7iuNA]YouTube - Coldplay LIVE R'dam- God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Techno)[/ame]

Strawberry Swing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQa-x2h3P2E]YouTube - Coldplay - Strawberry Swing[/ame]

Trouble, Amsterdam and Postcards

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGUsXJOYow]YouTube - Coldplay - Trouble LIVE in Ahoy Rotterdam 2-10-08 Acoustic[/ame]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall attempt to uncode:

In My Place SS= super sexy

SOS 59(TC1/0) = I want to Touch Chris in a 59+10 (69) kinda way :sneaky:

Fix You D# *down arrow = Fix you down there

Strawberry Swing M/DDS/PS :heart: = Mad about the dissappearence of the nipple peep show I :heart: it so

VIVA! = VIVA! :P

Lost H/EV = Chris is heaven to watch

Politik 56 = ..7....8 ...:thinking:must remember to count

LIJ EP52 = every person gets 52 butterflies

Yellow E *up arrow = EVERYBODY GET UP AND DANCE!

hope that helps :D

Hahaha thats great!!!!:lol:

it might have been said earlier in the thread, but does anyone know what hotel they're staying at? do you think they're staying in the westin hotel in the millenium tower on weena? for some reason, i imagine they're staying there. if that was the case, if i still was living there i could have stalked them so easily! :bigcry: :P

my second guess would be the hilton right above the VVV at the pompenburg fountain where coolsingel begins, though i guess that guess from me is coming a bit too late for that to be helpful to anyone :P

http://vereeniging.blogspot.com/2008/10/coldplay-comfort.html

Coldplay Comfort

Up until 7.00 last night, I had given up hope of going to see Coldplay here in Rotterdam. Originally, I'd booked for the only concert they were going to do in the Netherlands at Arnhem. However, in May, the venue was changed to Rotterdam, and the ticketing company assured me that my booking had been transferred to the new venue too. At first sight, this looked great. My favourite 21st century band was playing in my home town and I wouldn't have to travel across the country to see them. However, I had some misgivings about this change, and asked for further assurance that the booking was confirmed. I got it, but even so, things went wrong.

In the week to yesterday, I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone and on the Internet trying to find out why my tickets hadn't arrived. Eventually, the ticket company told me they were very sorry, they wouldn't be able to send them, as the suppliers had not provided them. All indications were that when the venue was changed, those who had booked for Arnhem were 'forgotten' and all the tickets re-sold. I was devastated, and made my feelings known widely around the Internet, and also on the Coldplay website's Oracle page.

Well, this was the best thing I could have done. I never expected those around a band of Coldplay's fame would be bothered about a single fan's disappointment, but I was so wrong. The Oracle not only sympathised with my situation, but actively tried to help me, and when that failed, passed my tale of woe on to the Band's liaison manager. The result was amazing!

At 7.10 last night, I received a mail telling me where to go and collect two tickets for the show, which was due to begin at 8.00. I couldn't believe it; didn't believe it in fact. I called Jodie, my daughter, straight away and screamed at her to get over to Rotterdam now now now! She was going to come with me in the first place and was equally disappointed when the tickets didn't show.

I think she must have broken all speed records to get here, but it was only by 8.15 that we were on our way. Luckily, there was a support act on first, so we didn't feel too badly about missing them as long as we were there in time for the beginning of the main event.

On arrival at the stadium, we were even more amazed to be sent to a special door, marked 'Gasten van Coldplay'. We suddenly realised we were the band's guests! Wow and even more wow! It turned out that they had put us on the guest list so that we could get the two tickets, and we had the absolute best seats. We had a moment's fear when our tickets wouldn't go through the scanning machine, and we had to wait in trepidation while the security guy went off to check them. Such relief, though, when he came back and smiled us through.

In fact, in the end, we were so close to the stage, we could practically see every bead of perspiration on Chris Martin's face. The Ahoy is a very large venue, so the risk of being too far to really see anything was quite serious. The concert was fantastic. If I had to write a list of all my Coldplay faves, they played them all, plus most of the tracks from their Viva La Vida album. They started with Clocks and finished, very fittingly, with Yellow. Their energy, charm and sense of fun infected the whole audience. Chris Martin is just such an unbelievably nice person, and he makes even a venue like the Ahoy feel warm and intimate, and that the audience are all his personal friends.

Twice, they made forays into the audience to play songs surrounded by stunned and happy fans. The second time, they turned up right at the back of the auditorium 'up in the gods' and sang two songs there. The look on the faces of the people around them was enough to show how well these guys win hearts and minds with their empathic attitude. With an awesome light show, reflected on swirling orbs above the stadium, and the eruption of the audience every time they started one of their best known songs, it was a concert I will remember as one of the best ever.

What I will remember even more, though, is the kindness and caring of Coldplay's support group. Firstly the Oracle, whose name I don't know, and secondly, the wonderful fan liaison manager, Debs. Without these two, Jodie and I would still be nursing sorry and disappointed hearts for missing this rare visit to our shores by my most favourite group of musical geniuses this side of the millenium! Thank you so very much for making it happen for us, guys. We will never forget it.

Stadionact Coldplay doet ineens bescheiden

ROTTERDAM - Een mooie openingszet van Coldplay, donderdag in een uitverkocht Ahoy. De band staat samengeklonterd op een paar vierkante meter van het weidse podium, en speelt als een vriendenclubje in een jongerencentrum de nummers Life in Technicolor en Violet Hill, van de laatste plaat Viva la Vida. Eén ding wil Coldplay vanavond duidelijk maken: de band is nog altijd een echte band en geen zanger, mooie man en popidool Chris Martin plus driekoppig aanhangsel. De boodschap zal nog herhaaldelijk voorbijkomen.

Met Viva la Vida lijkt Coldplay de wereldwijde doorbraak na de plaat X&Y uit 2005 te bekrachtigen, of zelfs te gaan overtreffen. De gelijknamige single haalde de eerste plaats in de Amerikaanse Billboard, en met alle van de plaat getrokken singles gaat het hard. Ze hebben ook steevast zo'n typisch Coldplay meezingrefrein of bruggetje, en het gaat dus in Ahoy van 'woo-eee-hooo, woo-hoooo' (binnenkort ook in uw voetbalstadion).

Huiskamerconcert

De enorme hoeveelheid hits die in Rotterdam wordt opgevoerd is bijna verbijsterend voor een eigenlijk nog best jong bandje met net een vierde album. 'O ja', denk je voortdurend, 'deze ook nog'. En ondanks dat succes (de twee concerten in Ahoy waren in een minuut of tien uitverkocht) wil Coldplay nu dus graag klein lijken. Voor de nummers God Put A Smile Upon Your Face en Talk wordt de barpiano van Chris Martin verreden naar een uiterste puntje van de catwalk, middenin de arena. De band voegt zich rond de staande piano en zo wordt nu hier een huiskamerconcert uitgevoerd.

Het kan nog veel gekker. Na het nummer Lost!, weer op het 'hoofdpodium', verdwijnt Coldplay na een kort thank you van het toneel. Stilte, en 'misschien wel afgelopen', voel je het publiek denken. Dan ineens vanaf de tribune, eerste ring, achterste vak, gejuich. Een richtspot floept aan en ja hoor, daar staan de heren op een vierkante meter tussen ineens heel blij publiek dat het met de tickets toch minder dacht te hebben getroffen. Mandoline, dobro-gitaartje, Martin op mondharmonica, en weer een akoestisch setje (fraaie uitvoering van The Scientist) dat nog in een caravan had gepast. En zoef, weg zijn ze weer.

Opgeknipt

Een geweldige vondst, zo'n kluchtige waar-nu-weer-act. Maar Coldplay snijdt zich er toch ook mee in de vingers. Het concert valt zo in deeltjes uit elkaar dat het een intense beleving erg in de weg zit. Daarbij helpt het niet dat het werk van Viva la Vida ook nog eens opgeknipt wordt uitgevoerd (intro van het ene nummer hier, refrein van ander nummer daar, ineens een remix van Viva la Vida als intermezzo) waarbij je soms het gevoel krijgt naar een medley te luisteren. En zo'n unplugged en ingekorte versie van Talk op de catwalk is natuurlijk grappig, je had het toch ook graag extatisch - want zo is dat nummer nu eenmaal - en met breed gitaargeluid over je heen gespoeld gekregen. Dan maar 'gewoontjes' en van het grote podium, maar met kippenvel graag.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/kunst/article1074022.ece/Stadionact_Coldplay_doet_ineens_bescheiden

Coldplay blijft in Ahoy 'close' met publiek

Eigenlijk was het een heel intiem optreden, het concert dat de Britse popgroep Coldplay donderdagavond in Ahoy' gaf.Want hoe groot de hal ook is, niet alleen is de band in kwestie zo populair dat waarschijnlijk ook Gelredome of de ArenA gevuld had kunnen worden, maar tegelijk slaagde de groep er in Rotterdam in werkelijk 'close' met het publiek te zijn.

Hun geschiedenis is het schoolvoorbeeld van een bliksemcarrière. Rond de eeuwwisseling springt de Londense studentengroep in het gat dat is achtergelaten door Radiohead – dat met het experimentele 'Kid-A' album nogal wat vroege fans van zich vervreemd heeft – en U2, dat ook even in een dalletje lijkt te zitten.

Etiketten die Coldplay opgeplakt krijgt, zoals 'Radiohead light' en 'U2 zonder prik' snijden zeker hout, maar dat neemt niet weg dat de jonge band tientallen miljoenen albums verkoopt.

Met het dit jaar verschenen vierde album 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his Friends', nota bene geproduceerd door avantgarde-lieveling Brian Eno, probeert de groep echter serieus om dieper te graven. Heel voorzichtig weliswaar, met een theelepeltje bijna, maar het is zonder meer hun meest avontuurlijke plaat.

De band rond zanger Chris Martin slaagt er in Ahoy' niet in om alle subtiliteiten die Eno in de plaat verwerkt heeft op het podium te reproduceren, maar stelt daar een bewonderenswaardige sfeer tegenover. Door te beginnen met een handvol publieksfavorieten als 'Violet Hill', 'Clocks' en 'Speed of Sound' maakt de groep er gelijk een Oasis-achtig meezingfeest van. Puur in muzikaal opzicht zijn de mannen van Coldplay 'live' geen hoogvliegers. Martin moet alle zeilen bijzetten om de nummers vocaal een beetje acceptabel te laten klinken en de meelopende geluidstape met 'clicktrack' en strijkers is soms hard nodig, terwijl de oorspronkelijkheid in de composities ver te zoeken blijft.

Maar dat gebrek aan artistieke substantie wordt ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de méér dan sympathieke inzet en veel interactie met het publiek. Liedjes als 'Fix You' ontaarden in massale community singing en bij de huidige hit 'Viva la Vida' – zo'n nummer waarvan je onmiddellijk vrolijk wordt als je het op de kermis of in een winkel hoort – staat de zaal op z'n kop.

Het decor is erg mooi. Een klein podiumpje midden in de hal geeft – net als bij de Stones een aantal jaren geleden – ruimte voor een intermezzo dicht bij de fans. Later tijdens het concert verschijnt de groep zelfs op de tribune, achter in de zaal, voor een korte 'unplugged'-set. En de finale gaat gepaard met een feestelijke confettiregen. "I hope we can communicate through the language of soft-rock", zegt Chris Martin ergens aan het begin van het concert. De groep houdt zich voorbeeldig aan zijn woord.

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/algemeen/kunst/3814975/Coldplay-blijft-in-Ahoy-close-met-publiek.ece

Coldplay maakt er een meezingfeest van

AMSTERDAM - Het was een heel intiem optreden dat de Britse popgroep Coldplay gisteravond in Ahoy gaf. Want hoe groot de hal ook is - de band is zo populair dat ook Gelredome of de Arena gevuld had kunnen worden - , de groep slaagde er in Rotterdam in heel 'close' met het publiek te zijn.

De popband heeft het schoolvoorbeeld van een bliksemcarrière. Rond de eeuwwisseling springt de Londense studentengroep in het gat dat is achtergelaten door Radiohead - dat met het experimentele Kid-A nogal wat fans van zich heeft vervreemd - en U2, dat ook even in een dalletje lijkt te zitten.

Etiketten die Coldplay opgeplakt krijgen, zoals 'Radiohead light' en 'U2 zonder prik', snijden zeker hout, maar dat neemt niet weg dat de band tientallen miljoenen albums verkoopt.

Met het eerder dit jaar verschenen vierde album Viva la vida or death and all his friends, nota bene geproduceerd door avant-gardelieveling Brian Eno, probeert de groep serieus dieper te graven. Heel voorzichtig weliswaar, met een theelepeltje bijna, maar het is zonder meer hun meest avontuurlijke plaat.

De band rond zanger Chris Martin slaagt er in Ahoy niet in om alle subtiliteiten die Eno in de plaat verwerkt heeft op het podium te reproduceren, maar stelt daar een bewonderenswaardige sfeer tegenover.

Door te beginnen met een handvol publieksfavorieten als Violet hill, Clocks en Speed of sound maakt de groep er een Oasisachtig meezingfeest van.

In muzikaal opzicht zijn de mannen van Coldplay live geen hoogvliegers. Martin moet alle zeilen bijzetten om de nummers vocaal een beetje acceptabel te laten klinken en de meelopende geluidstape is soms hard nodig. Ook een minpunt: de oorspronkelijkheid in de composities blijft nogal ver te zoeken.

Dat gebrek aan artistieke diepgang wordt ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de méér dan sympathieke inzet en de interacties met het publiek. Liedjes als Fix you worden massaal meegezongen en bij de hit Viva la vida staat de zaal op z'n kop. Het klein podiumpje midden in de hal geeft - net als bij de Stones een aantal jaren geleden - ruimte voor een intermezzo dicht bij de fans.

Ttijdens het concert verschijnt de groep zelfs op de tribune, achter in de zaal, voor een korte unpluggedset. ''I hope we can communicate through the language of soft-rock,'' zegt Chris Martin ergens aan het begin van het concert in Ahoy. De groep houdt zich voorbeeldig aan zijn woord. (PETER BRUYN)

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/23/muziek/article/detail/35352/2008/10/03/Coldplay-maakt-er-een-meezingfeest-van.dhtml

Huiskamerconcert in Ahoy voor Coldplay

AMSTERDAM - Ahoy was donderdagavond een woonkamer. En daar was Coldplay verantwoordelijk voor. De Engelse band speelde de eerste van twee concerten in Rotterdam voor een uitverkochte en uitzinnige zaal.

Met nummers van hun laatste album 'Viva la vida' maar ook oude nummers zoals 'Talk' en 'The scientist' speelden zanger Chris Martin en zijn bandleden voor het publiek alsof het hun beste vriend was.

Het publiek begon even voor 21.30 uur ongeduldig te worden toen uit de speakers de Weense Wals galmde. Als in een voetbalstadion deinde iedereen mee, toen plotseling het licht uitging en de band begon met het nummer 'Life in technocolor' dat vloeiend overging in de eerste single van het laatste album 'Violet Hill'.

Lichtgebruik

Het publiek had de smaak al snel te pakken en zong uit volle borst mee. De band was nauwelijks te zien door het weinige lichtgebruik, waardoor de muziek belangrijker werd. In rap tempo kwamen hits als 'Clocks' en 'Speed of sound' voorbij. Na dit laatste nummer vroeg Martin om het licht aan te doen, zodat hij zijn publiek gedag kon zeggen en te bedanken voor hun komst. Dit deed hij overigens in het Nederlands met de woorden 'Dank je wel vrienden'.

Dat het publiek Coldplay's en voornamelijk Martin's vrienden waren, werd duidelijk toen hij het publiek om verzoeknummers vroeg. Hierop speelde de voorman in zijn eentje op de piano 'Trouble' en 'The hardest part'. Ook hier stond door het weinige licht de muziek centraal, waardoor er een intieme sfeer ontstond in Ahoy.

Extraatje

Het was 'Viva la vida' dat Ahoy op zijn kop zette. Het opzwepende nummer van het gelijknamige album zong iedereen uit volle borst mee en ook de bandleden speelden het lied vol overgave. Zelfs toen het nummer afgelopen was kreeg het publiek er geen genoeg van en bleef het doorzingen. Het was dan ook een extraatje dat even later het nummer nogmaals voorbij kwam, maar dan in een remix.

Maar dat was niet het enige hoogtepunt van de avond. Terwijl het donker in de zaal werd en de bandleden van het podium vertrokken, wist het publiek even niet waar het aan toe was. Totdat Coldplay ineens achter in de zaal op de eerste ring midden in het publiek stond.

Tamboerijn

Chris Martin vertelde dat hij vond dat de mensen achter in de zaal ook recht hadden op een goed uitzicht. Met alleen gitaren en een tamboerijn speelde de band twee nummers, waar onder ook 'Death will never conquer', dat niet onverdienstelijk gezongen werd door drummer Will Champion.

Aan het einde van het concert, tijdens het spelen van de nieuwe single 'Lovers in Japan', dwarrelden duizenden gekleurde papieren vlinders naar beneden. De band eindigde met het nummer 'Yellow' waarbij de zaal met een warm geel licht gekleurd werd.

© Novum

http://www.nu.nl/news/1772772/2101/Huiskamerconcert_in_Ahoy_voor_Coldplay.html

I shall attempt to uncode:

In My Place SS= super sexy

SOS 59(TC1/0) = I want to Touch Chris in a 59+10 (69) kinda way :sneaky:

Fix You D# *down arrow = Fix you down there

Strawberry Swing M/DDS/PS :heart: = Mad about the dissappearence of the nipple peep show I :heart: it so

VIVA! = VIVA! :P

Lost H/EV = Chris is heaven to watch

Politik 56 = ..7....8 ...:thinking:must remember to count

LIJ EP52 = every person gets 52 butterflies

Yellow E *up arrow = EVERYBODY GET UP AND DANCE!

hope that helps :D

:laugh3:

I' sure that's exactly what those things mean!! :lol:

http://vereeniging.blogspot.com/2008/10/coldplay-comfort.html

Coldplay Comfort

Up until 7.00 last night, I had given up hope of going to see Coldplay here in Rotterdam. Originally, I'd booked for the only concert they were going to do in the Netherlands at Arnhem. However, in May, the venue was changed to Rotterdam, and the ticketing company assured me that my booking had been transferred to the new venue too. At first sight, this looked great. My favourite 21st century band was playing in my home town and I wouldn't have to travel across the country to see them. However, I had some misgivings about this change, and asked for further assurance that the booking was confirmed. I got it, but even so, things went wrong.

In the week to yesterday, I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone and on the Internet trying to find out why my tickets hadn't arrived. Eventually, the ticket company told me they were very sorry, they wouldn't be able to send them, as the suppliers had not provided them. All indications were that when the venue was changed, those who had booked for Arnhem were 'forgotten' and all the tickets re-sold. I was devastated, and made my feelings known widely around the Internet, and also on the Coldplay website's Oracle page.

Well, this was the best thing I could have done. I never expected those around a band of Coldplay's fame would be bothered about a single fan's disappointment, but I was so wrong. The Oracle not only sympathised with my situation, but actively tried to help me, and when that failed, passed my tale of woe on to the Band's liaison manager. The result was amazing!

At 7.10 last night, I received a mail telling me where to go and collect two tickets for the show, which was due to begin at 8.00. I couldn't believe it; didn't believe it in fact. I called Jodie, my daughter, straight away and screamed at her to get over to Rotterdam now now now! She was going to come with me in the first place and was equally disappointed when the tickets didn't show.

I think she must have broken all speed records to get here, but it was only by 8.15 that we were on our way. Luckily, there was a support act on first, so we didn't feel too badly about missing them as long as we were there in time for the beginning of the main event.

On arrival at the stadium, we were even more amazed to be sent to a special door, marked 'Gasten van Coldplay'. We suddenly realised we were the band's guests! Wow and even more wow! It turned out that they had put us on the guest list so that we could get the two tickets, and we had the absolute best seats. We had a moment's fear when our tickets wouldn't go through the scanning machine, and we had to wait in trepidation while the security guy went off to check them. Such relief, though, when he came back and smiled us through.

In fact, in the end, we were so close to the stage, we could practically see every bead of perspiration on Chris Martin's face. The Ahoy is a very large venue, so the risk of being too far to really see anything was quite serious. The concert was fantastic. If I had to write a list of all my Coldplay faves, they played them all, plus most of the tracks from their Viva La Vida album. They started with Clocks and finished, very fittingly, with Yellow. Their energy, charm and sense of fun infected the whole audience. Chris Martin is just such an unbelievably nice person, and he makes even a venue like the Ahoy feel warm and intimate, and that the audience are all his personal friends.

Twice, they made forays into the audience to play songs surrounded by stunned and happy fans. The second time, they turned up right at the back of the auditorium 'up in the gods' and sang two songs there. The look on the faces of the people around them was enough to show how well these guys win hearts and minds with their empathic attitude. With an awesome light show, reflected on swirling orbs above the stadium, and the eruption of the audience every time they started one of their best known songs, it was a concert I will remember as one of the best ever.

What I will remember even more, though, is the kindness and caring of Coldplay's support group. Firstly the Oracle, whose name I don't know, and secondly, the wonderful fan liaison manager, Debs. Without these two, Jodie and I would still be nursing sorry and disappointed hearts for missing this rare visit to our shores by my most favourite group of musical geniuses this side of the millenium! Thank you so very much for making it happen for us, guys. We will never forget it.

Wow!! The Oracle is one great thing. So nice :crown:

translation by stars21.com

Coldplay does Stadionact suddenly modest

ROTTERDAM - A beautiful opening of Coldplay, Thursday in a sold-out Ahoy. The tape has samengeklonterd a few square meters of the grand stage, and plays like a gang of friends in a youth center numbers and Life in Technicolor Violet Hill, the last album Viva la Vida. Coldplay wants one thing clear tonight: the band is still a real band and not a singer, beautiful man Chris Martin and popidool plus three stubborn Appendix. The message will still come over repeatedly.

With Viva la Vida seems Coldplay global breakthrough after the album X & Y from 2005 to ratify, or even to surpass. The same single won the first place in the American Billboard, and in all of the singles draw plate is hard. They have also invariably a typical Coldplay join in chorus or bridge, and it is therefore of Ahoy 'woo-eee-hooo, woo-HOOOO "(soon in your football stadium).

The living room concert enormous amount of hits that included Rotterdam is almost incredible for a band actually quite young with just one fourth album. "Oh yes, you constantly think, 'this too." And despite that success (the two concerts in Ahoy were in a minute or ten sold out) so I would like Coldplay now seem small. For the numbers God Put a Smile Upon Your Face and Talk of the barpiano Chris Martin verreden to an extreme tip of the catwalk in the middle of the arena. The band joins standing around the piano and it is now a living room concert performed.

It is much crazier. After the song Lost!, Back on the 'main stage', Coldplay disappears after a short thank you from the scene. Silence, and perhaps last, "you can feel the audience thinking. Then suddenly from the gallery, first ring, rear box, exultation. A target spot floept to hear and yes, there are the gentlemen in a square meter between suddenly very glad that the public with tickets still less thought to have taken. Mandolin, Dobro-guitar, Martin on harmonica and an acoustic set again (fine performance of The Scientist) in a caravan that had passed. And THRUM, leaving them again.

Cuts up a great discovery, where some comic-now-back-act. But Coldplay cuts are still included in the fingers. The concert is so particles from each other that it is a very intense experience in the way. It helps that the work of Viva la Vida also has been cut is implemented (intro to one song here, another chorus of song there, suddenly a remix of Viva la Vida as interlude) where you sometimes get the feeling to a medley to listen. And some unplugged and abridged version of Talk on the catwalk is naturally funny, you were also happy nonetheless ecstatic - because if that number is now once - and broad guitar sound over you been flushed. Then, just 'ordinary' and the big stage, but with goose bumps like.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/kunst/artic...ens_bescheiden

Stadionact Coldplay doet ineens bescheiden

ROTTERDAM - Een mooie openingszet van Coldplay, donderdag in een uitverkocht Ahoy. De band staat samengeklonterd op een paar vierkante meter van het weidse podium, en speelt als een vriendenclubje in een jongerencentrum de nummers Life in Technicolor en Violet Hill, van de laatste plaat Viva la Vida. Eén ding wil Coldplay vanavond duidelijk maken: de band is nog altijd een echte band en geen zanger, mooie man en popidool Chris Martin plus driekoppig aanhangsel. De boodschap zal nog herhaaldelijk voorbijkomen.

Met Viva la Vida lijkt Coldplay de wereldwijde doorbraak na de plaat X&Y uit 2005 te bekrachtigen, of zelfs te gaan overtreffen. De gelijknamige single haalde de eerste plaats in de Amerikaanse Billboard, en met alle van de plaat getrokken singles gaat het hard. Ze hebben ook steevast zo'n typisch Coldplay meezingrefrein of bruggetje, en het gaat dus in Ahoy van 'woo-eee-hooo, woo-hoooo' (binnenkort ook in uw voetbalstadion).

Huiskamerconcert

De enorme hoeveelheid hits die in Rotterdam wordt opgevoerd is bijna verbijsterend voor een eigenlijk nog best jong bandje met net een vierde album. 'O ja', denk je voortdurend, 'deze ook nog'. En ondanks dat succes (de twee concerten in Ahoy waren in een minuut of tien uitverkocht) wil Coldplay nu dus graag klein lijken. Voor de nummers God Put A Smile Upon Your Face en Talk wordt de barpiano van Chris Martin verreden naar een uiterste puntje van de catwalk, middenin de arena. De band voegt zich rond de staande piano en zo wordt nu hier een huiskamerconcert uitgevoerd.

Het kan nog veel gekker. Na het nummer Lost!, weer op het 'hoofdpodium', verdwijnt Coldplay na een kort thank you van het toneel. Stilte, en 'misschien wel afgelopen', voel je het publiek denken. Dan ineens vanaf de tribune, eerste ring, achterste vak, gejuich. Een richtspot floept aan en ja hoor, daar staan de heren op een vierkante meter tussen ineens heel blij publiek dat het met de tickets toch minder dacht te hebben getroffen. Mandoline, dobro-gitaartje, Martin op mondharmonica, en weer een akoestisch setje (fraaie uitvoering van The Scientist) dat nog in een caravan had gepast. En zoef, weg zijn ze weer.

Opgeknipt

Een geweldige vondst, zo'n kluchtige waar-nu-weer-act. Maar Coldplay snijdt zich er toch ook mee in de vingers. Het concert valt zo in deeltjes uit elkaar dat het een intense beleving erg in de weg zit. Daarbij helpt het niet dat het werk van Viva la Vida ook nog eens opgeknipt wordt uitgevoerd (intro van het ene nummer hier, refrein van ander nummer daar, ineens een remix van Viva la Vida als intermezzo) waarbij je soms het gevoel krijgt naar een medley te luisteren. En zo'n unplugged en ingekorte versie van Talk op de catwalk is natuurlijk grappig, je had het toch ook graag extatisch - want zo is dat nummer nu eenmaal - en met breed gitaargeluid over je heen gespoeld gekregen. Dan maar 'gewoontjes' en van het grote podium, maar met kippenvel graag.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/kunst/article1074022.ece/Stadionact_Coldplay_doet_ineens_bescheiden

Coldplay remains in Ahoy 'close' with audience

Actually it was a very intimate action, the concert that the British pop group Coldplay Thursday night in Ahoy 'gaf.Want how big the hall is, not only is the band in question so popular that probably Gelredome or ArenA could have been filled, but at the same time the group succeeded in Rotterdam in really 'close' with the public to be.

Their history is the perfect example of a lightning career. Around the turn of the century jumps the student group in London that the hole left by Radiohead - that the experimental "Kid A 'album quite a few early fans are alienated - and U2, which also appears in a dalletje trapped.

Labels that Coldplay get up paste, such as "Radiohead lite 'and' U2 without sting 'certainly cutting wood, but that does not mean that the young band sells tens of millions of albums.

In this year published the fourth album "Viva la Vida or Death and all his Friends', nota bene produced by avant-garde-favorite Brian Eno, the group, however, seriously trying to dig deeper. Although very cautious, with a teaspoon almost, but it is certainly their most adventurous album.

The band around singer Chris Martin succeeds in Ahoy 'not to apply any subtleties that Eno has processed in the plate to reproduce on stage, but suggests an admirable spirit opposite. By starting with a handful of audience favorites as "Violet Hill," "Clocks" and "Speed of Sound", the group is an equal join Oasis-like celebration of. In purely musical terms, the men of Coldplay 'live' no high-flyers. Martin must do everything to the numbers a little vocal sound and acceptable to the pedestrian audio tape with 'click track' strings and is sometimes sorely needed, while the originality of the compositions far to find remains.

But that lack of artistic substance is more than offset by the more than sympathetic commitment and much interaction with the public. Songs like "Fix You" degenerate into a mass community singing and the current hit "Viva la Vida" - a song that you immediately if you are happy at the fairground or in a store belongs - is the room on his header.

The decor is very beautiful. A small podiumpje in the middle of the hall shows - like the Stones a few years ago - space for an interlude close to the fans. Later during the concert, the group even at the gallery, behind in the room, for a short 'unplugged'-set. And the finale is accompanied by a festive confetti rain. "I hope we can communicate through the language or soft-rock," says Chris Martin somewhere at the beginning of the concert. The group is exemplary to his word.

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/algeme...et-publiek.ece

Coldplay blijft in Ahoy 'close' met publiek

Eigenlijk was het een heel intiem optreden, het concert dat de Britse popgroep Coldplay donderdagavond in Ahoy' gaf.Want hoe groot de hal ook is, niet alleen is de band in kwestie zo populair dat waarschijnlijk ook Gelredome of de ArenA gevuld had kunnen worden, maar tegelijk slaagde de groep er in Rotterdam in werkelijk 'close' met het publiek te zijn.

Hun geschiedenis is het schoolvoorbeeld van een bliksemcarrière. Rond de eeuwwisseling springt de Londense studentengroep in het gat dat is achtergelaten door Radiohead – dat met het experimentele 'Kid-A' album nogal wat vroege fans van zich vervreemd heeft – en U2, dat ook even in een dalletje lijkt te zitten.

Etiketten die Coldplay opgeplakt krijgt, zoals 'Radiohead light' en 'U2 zonder prik' snijden zeker hout, maar dat neemt niet weg dat de jonge band tientallen miljoenen albums verkoopt.

Met het dit jaar verschenen vierde album 'Viva la Vida or Death and all his Friends', nota bene geproduceerd door avantgarde-lieveling Brian Eno, probeert de groep echter serieus om dieper te graven. Heel voorzichtig weliswaar, met een theelepeltje bijna, maar het is zonder meer hun meest avontuurlijke plaat.

De band rond zanger Chris Martin slaagt er in Ahoy' niet in om alle subtiliteiten die Eno in de plaat verwerkt heeft op het podium te reproduceren, maar stelt daar een bewonderenswaardige sfeer tegenover. Door te beginnen met een handvol publieksfavorieten als 'Violet Hill', 'Clocks' en 'Speed of Sound' maakt de groep er gelijk een Oasis-achtig meezingfeest van. Puur in muzikaal opzicht zijn de mannen van Coldplay 'live' geen hoogvliegers. Martin moet alle zeilen bijzetten om de nummers vocaal een beetje acceptabel te laten klinken en de meelopende geluidstape met 'clicktrack' en strijkers is soms hard nodig, terwijl de oorspronkelijkheid in de composities ver te zoeken blijft.

Maar dat gebrek aan artistieke substantie wordt ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de méér dan sympathieke inzet en veel interactie met het publiek. Liedjes als 'Fix You' ontaarden in massale community singing en bij de huidige hit 'Viva la Vida' – zo'n nummer waarvan je onmiddellijk vrolijk wordt als je het op de kermis of in een winkel hoort – staat de zaal op z'n kop.

Het decor is erg mooi. Een klein podiumpje midden in de hal geeft – net als bij de Stones een aantal jaren geleden – ruimte voor een intermezzo dicht bij de fans. Later tijdens het concert verschijnt de groep zelfs op de tribune, achter in de zaal, voor een korte 'unplugged'-set. En de finale gaat gepaard met een feestelijke confettiregen. "I hope we can communicate through the language of soft-rock", zegt Chris Martin ergens aan het begin van het concert. De groep houdt zich voorbeeldig aan zijn woord.

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/algemeen/kunst/3814975/Coldplay-blijft-in-Ahoy-close-met-publiek.ece

Coldplay makes it a join celebration of

AMSTERDAM - It was a very intimate act that the British pop group Coldplay last night gave in Ahoy. For how big the hall is - the band is so popular that even Gelredome or Arena could have been filled - the group succeeded in Rotterdam in the very "close" with the public to be.

The school has popband example of a lightning career. Around the turn of the century jumps the student group in London that the hole left by Radiohead - that the experimental Kid A lot of fans has alienated - and U2, which also appears in a dalletje trapped.

Labels that Coldplay get up paste, such as "Radiohead lite 'and' U2 without lancing ', certainly cutting wood, but that does not mean that the band sells tens of millions of albums.

By earlier this year published the fourth album Viva la vida or death and all his friends, no less, produced by avant-garde favorite Brian Eno, the group seriously trying to dig deeper. Although very cautious, with a teaspoon almost, but it is certainly their most adventurous album.

The band around singer Chris Martin succeeds in Ahoy not to apply any subtleties that Eno has processed in the plate to reproduce on stage, but suggests an admirable spirit opposite.

By starting with a handful of audience favorites as Violet hill, Clocks and Speed of Sound, the group join in a celebration of Oasis-like.

In musical terms, the men of Coldplay live no high-flyers. Martin must do everything to the numbers a little vocal sound and acceptable to the pedestrian audio tape is sometimes desperately needed. Another downside: the originality in the compositions remain rather hard to find.

That lack of artistic depth is more than offset by the more than sympathetic activation and interactions with the public. Fix songs as you are massively meegezongen and the hit Viva la vida, the hall on its head. The small podiumpje in the middle of the hall shows - like the Stones a few years ago - space for an interlude close to the fans.

Ttijdens the concert, the group even at the gallery, behind in the room, for a short unpluggedset. ''I hope we can communicate through the language or soft-rock,''says Chris Martin somewhere at the beginning of the concert in Ahoy. The group is exemplary to his word. (PETER BRUYN)

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/23/mu...eest-van.dhtml

Coldplay maakt er een meezingfeest van

AMSTERDAM - Het was een heel intiem optreden dat de Britse popgroep Coldplay gisteravond in Ahoy gaf. Want hoe groot de hal ook is - de band is zo populair dat ook Gelredome of de Arena gevuld had kunnen worden - , de groep slaagde er in Rotterdam in heel 'close' met het publiek te zijn.

De popband heeft het schoolvoorbeeld van een bliksemcarrière. Rond de eeuwwisseling springt de Londense studentengroep in het gat dat is achtergelaten door Radiohead - dat met het experimentele Kid-A nogal wat fans van zich heeft vervreemd - en U2, dat ook even in een dalletje lijkt te zitten.

Etiketten die Coldplay opgeplakt krijgen, zoals 'Radiohead light' en 'U2 zonder prik', snijden zeker hout, maar dat neemt niet weg dat de band tientallen miljoenen albums verkoopt.

Met het eerder dit jaar verschenen vierde album Viva la vida or death and all his friends, nota bene geproduceerd door avant-gardelieveling Brian Eno, probeert de groep serieus dieper te graven. Heel voorzichtig weliswaar, met een theelepeltje bijna, maar het is zonder meer hun meest avontuurlijke plaat.

De band rond zanger Chris Martin slaagt er in Ahoy niet in om alle subtiliteiten die Eno in de plaat verwerkt heeft op het podium te reproduceren, maar stelt daar een bewonderenswaardige sfeer tegenover.

Door te beginnen met een handvol publieksfavorieten als Violet hill, Clocks en Speed of sound maakt de groep er een Oasisachtig meezingfeest van.

In muzikaal opzicht zijn de mannen van Coldplay live geen hoogvliegers. Martin moet alle zeilen bijzetten om de nummers vocaal een beetje acceptabel te laten klinken en de meelopende geluidstape is soms hard nodig. Ook een minpunt: de oorspronkelijkheid in de composities blijft nogal ver te zoeken.

Dat gebrek aan artistieke diepgang wordt ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de méér dan sympathieke inzet en de interacties met het publiek. Liedjes als Fix you worden massaal meegezongen en bij de hit Viva la vida staat de zaal op z'n kop. Het klein podiumpje midden in de hal geeft - net als bij de Stones een aantal jaren geleden - ruimte voor een intermezzo dicht bij de fans.

Ttijdens het concert verschijnt de groep zelfs op de tribune, achter in de zaal, voor een korte unpluggedset. ''I hope we can communicate through the language of soft-rock,'' zegt Chris Martin ergens aan het begin van het concert in Ahoy. De groep houdt zich voorbeeldig aan zijn woord. (PETER BRUYN)

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/23/muziek/article/detail/35352/2008/10/03/Coldplay-maakt-er-een-meezingfeest-van.dhtml

Concert in Ahoy home for Coldplay

AMSTERDAM - Ahoy Thursday night was a living room. And there was responsible for Coldplay. The English band played the first of two concerts in Rotterdam for a sellout and outrageous room.

With songs from their latest album "Viva la vida" but also old songs like 'Talk' and 'The scientist' played singer Chris Martin and his bandmates to the public as if it was their best friend.

The public began just before 21.30 am impatient to be when the speakers from the Viennese Waltz galmde. If a football stadium deinde everyone, when suddenly the light came and the band began with the song 'Life in techno color "that went on smoothly in the first single from the last album' Violet Hill '.

Light Use

The public had the taste quickly to tackle from full chest and sang them. The band was barely visible through the little light use, which the music was more important. In rapidly came hits as "Clocks" and "Speed of Sound" over. After this latest issue asked Martin to the light to do so his audience could say goodbye and thank them for coming. This he did in English with the words "Thank you friends."

That the general public and mainly Coldplay's Martin's friends, it was clear when he publicly asked to request songs. This was the foreman in alone on the piano 'Trouble' and 'The hardest part. " Here, too, stood by the little light music, creating an intimate atmosphere created in Ahoy.

Something more

It was "Viva la vida 'Ahoy that continued on its head. The Hot number of the same album everyone sang with full chest and the band played the song full surrender. Even when the song was last gave the public and there is not enough of the singing continued. It was also a bonus that later the number was over again, but in a remix.

But that was not the only highlight of the evening. While in the room was dark and the band left the stage, the audience knew not just where it was off. Coldplay until suddenly back in the room on the first ring in the middle of the audience stood.

Tambourine

Chris Martin said that he felt that the people behind in the room also were entitled to a good view. With just guitars and a tambourine band played the two tracks, where also 'Death will never Conquer', that is not full service progressively was sung by drummer Will Champion.

At the end of the concert, during the playing of the new single 'Lovers in Japan ", dwarrelden thousands of colored paper butterflies down. The tape ended with the song 'Yellow' where the audience with a warm yellow light was stained.

© Novum

http://www.nu.nl/news/1772772/2101/H..._Coldplay.html

Huiskamerconcert in Ahoy voor Coldplay

AMSTERDAM - Ahoy was donderdagavond een woonkamer. En daar was Coldplay verantwoordelijk voor. De Engelse band speelde de eerste van twee concerten in Rotterdam voor een uitverkochte en uitzinnige zaal.

Met nummers van hun laatste album 'Viva la vida' maar ook oude nummers zoals 'Talk' en 'The scientist' speelden zanger Chris Martin en zijn bandleden voor het publiek alsof het hun beste vriend was.

Het publiek begon even voor 21.30 uur ongeduldig te worden toen uit de speakers de Weense Wals galmde. Als in een voetbalstadion deinde iedereen mee, toen plotseling het licht uitging en de band begon met het nummer 'Life in technocolor' dat vloeiend overging in de eerste single van het laatste album 'Violet Hill'.

Lichtgebruik

Het publiek had de smaak al snel te pakken en zong uit volle borst mee. De band was nauwelijks te zien door het weinige lichtgebruik, waardoor de muziek belangrijker werd. In rap tempo kwamen hits als 'Clocks' en 'Speed of sound' voorbij. Na dit laatste nummer vroeg Martin om het licht aan te doen, zodat hij zijn publiek gedag kon zeggen en te bedanken voor hun komst. Dit deed hij overigens in het Nederlands met de woorden 'Dank je wel vrienden'.

Dat het publiek Coldplay's en voornamelijk Martin's vrienden waren, werd duidelijk toen hij het publiek om verzoeknummers vroeg. Hierop speelde de voorman in zijn eentje op de piano 'Trouble' en 'The hardest part'. Ook hier stond door het weinige licht de muziek centraal, waardoor er een intieme sfeer ontstond in Ahoy.

Extraatje

Het was 'Viva la vida' dat Ahoy op zijn kop zette. Het opzwepende nummer van het gelijknamige album zong iedereen uit volle borst mee en ook de bandleden speelden het lied vol overgave. Zelfs toen het nummer afgelopen was kreeg het publiek er geen genoeg van en bleef het doorzingen. Het was dan ook een extraatje dat even later het nummer nogmaals voorbij kwam, maar dan in een remix.

Maar dat was niet het enige hoogtepunt van de avond. Terwijl het donker in de zaal werd en de bandleden van het podium vertrokken, wist het publiek even niet waar het aan toe was. Totdat Coldplay ineens achter in de zaal op de eerste ring midden in het publiek stond.

Tamboerijn

Chris Martin vertelde dat hij vond dat de mensen achter in de zaal ook recht hadden op een goed uitzicht. Met alleen gitaren en een tamboerijn speelde de band twee nummers, waar onder ook 'Death will never conquer', dat niet onverdienstelijk gezongen werd door drummer Will Champion.

Aan het einde van het concert, tijdens het spelen van de nieuwe single 'Lovers in Japan', dwarrelden duizenden gekleurde papieren vlinders naar beneden. De band eindigde met het nummer 'Yellow' waarbij de zaal met een warm geel licht gekleurd werd.

© Novum

http://www.nu.nl/news/1772772/2101/Huiskamerconcert_in_Ahoy_voor_Coldplay.html

Hi Everybody,

I'm new here, and tomorrow I went to the LAST concert of the European (Not UK) tour !

Yeah !

(In Antwerp !)

Now I have a question.

How can i get a setlist?

Greets

karel

(you can answer in dutch, french and english)

Ask a roadie or jonny/guy/will/chris :cool: